You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Comolli

Ted

Guest Numero Veinticinco

They've both said it was a joint thing. I'd imagine Kenny picked the players - or a group of - and Comolli went and got them. Regarding price, there must have been a discussion. Budget allocation must have been discussed. 'do you want to spend 20m on Downing if that means we can't get Player X'.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think this is an idiotic decision and just highlights how clueless these pricks are!

Every decision that FSG have had to make this past year they have fucked up. I hope they are skint because I am getting fed up with them.

why is it so idiotic?

juliette ferrington ‏ @juliette_grace Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Dalglish: "Everyone who has come into the club since Damien has been here was of my choice." #bbcsportsday #lfc

If it wasn't the case he would still say that. All the players we have signed in the last few transfer windows have a value and there really can't be any doubt that whilst assigning those players their values Comolli was whacked off his head on goofballs.

Coates was all Commolli.

If a Club sits down to negotiate a price that is them saying "yes, we are willing to sell this player" - it's then the art of the DofF to get the best price for HIS club not the SELLING club. Commolli seems not to have understood this part of the job spec.

you just have to look at the players he brought in. When we were linked with Carroll, Adams, Henderson and Downing I was made up, when Commolli told us the price he paid I thought "Fuckme!! that's a bit expensive - but in my own mind I covered it up by telling myself it's the new Management showing their determination to get the players we want at any cost to make us great again. I was made up with the players we brought in - I wasn't too impressed at all at the fees paid for them.

I think the fees part of the equation is what Commolli has been judged on especially when you compare the £35 Mill for Carroll against the £20 Mill of that they used to get Ba, Cisse and Cabaye!

Crazy timing and, as some have said, not a vote of confidence in the players just before our biggest game left in the season (well, hopefully second-biggest).

Maybe not a vote of confidence in the players bought in but surely a kick up the arse some of them might need - we've shipped out one of the guys who bought you in and if you don't buck your idea's up, you won't be here much longer either.

Stephen Martin ‏ @stephen1martin

FSG were set to arrive after the semi, KD wanted the meeting brought forward, it was, DC has gone. Simple. #lfc

It was done over the phone today. All very sudden. I think that there may be something in his family life possibly as the statement said. You wouldn't sack someone like that over the phone surely?

Fuck me, it's worse than I'd expected. FSG clearly have no idea what they are at.

why is it so idiotic?

Because we have a semi final on Saturday! And we have basically just said (if he was sacked) that it is because those players are not good enough! Nice vote of confidence.

And, what possible benefits does this bring to the club? The transfer window is shut, therefore what possible benefit does this decision bring.

They might be clearing the way for a new manager in the summer, I can't see how Comolli can take the blame when Kenny admits he picked the players and Comolli went out and bought them.

Sacking Comolli can't be good for Kenny's position at the club,he says they had a very good relationship and afterall he picks the players every week and he chooses the tactics, nobody made him pick Henderson,Adam or Downing every week.

I can't understand the timimg of this unless FSG were concerned the press had got hold of it and were forced to make an announcement

If a Club sits down to negotiate a price that is them saying "yes, we are willing to sell this player" - it's then the art of the DofF to get the best price for HIS club not the SELLING club. Commolli seems not to have understood this part of the job spec.

you just have to look at the players he brought in. When we were linked with Carroll, Adams, Henderson and Downing I was made up, when Commolli told us the price he paid I thought "Fuckme!! that's a bit expensive - but in my own mind I covered it up by telling myself it's the new Management showing their determination to get the players we want at any cost to make us great again. I was made up with the players we brought in - I wasn't too impressed at all at the fees paid for them.

I think the fees part of the equation is what Commolli has been judged on especially when you compare the £35 Mill for Carroll against the £20 Mill of that they used to get Ba, Cisse and Cabaye!

It's difficult to know for sure. I'd imagine in it's like any partnership in the real world, give and take.

I'm hoping he got it in the neck because they asked for a plan to turn things around and it was unconvincing, so they're looking elsewhere. Because there is little doubt we need a different catalyst.

At the end of the day, he's a glorified scout.

Has there ever been a massive thread when we've sacked or a Head Scout has left before?

Big fucking deal. Roll on Saturday.

If we'd had in the past a head scout that had pissed away tens of millions of pounds I bet there'd have been a massive thread on it.