You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villa match thread ( home )

sir roger

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jordan Henderson

The last few comments. They aren't even being sarcastic. Speechless.

As a pointed out just before, Henderson was giving the ball up to Agger to take forward. He is a non-entity, with no influence on anything we do, offensively or defensively.

Jesus, just read the after-match thread there, and he's been labelled MOM and brilliant by a couple of posters. BRILLIANT!

Can't even be botherd to go into the details of this, it is all so predictable and all so depressing.

I still find it amazing that there are so many people on here not calling for the manager's head. If he was anyone other than Kenny, he'd long be gone.

5 home wins in a season is unacceptable, as is the pathetic goals tally, or the amount of points dropped against terrible opposition, or the lack of idea on a basic concept of playing etc.

16 months into the job and after spending the money he has, there is no excuse. You can blame the players, but they are his players, or the Director of Football, but he does not take training or decide tactics.

The League Cup win should not have saved Houllier in 2003 and it should not save Kenny in 2012.

I think, and it is just a think at this stage, that Jordan Henderson did something at the end there. He ran back, won a tackle, ran forward and actually passed the ball forward too.

Its only took him till the 32nd league game to do it.

That was absolutely shocking bar the last 7 minutes. Again. If only it was possible to sack players rather than management for such inept displays.

At least we didn't lose. And Blackburn got battered, something to take to Monday at least. Im not even looking as far as the semi yet.

It doesn't seem fair does it that its always the managers fault when so many dodgy individually inept performances get the manager sacked in the first place.

How long before "Knee Jerk", "Mong", "Disgrace" or "Sky generation" gets a mention

Bets anyone?

A couple of hours.

Its sad because I know they do it out of love of the club and Kenny. But their delusion is shocking. Hell I love the club and I love Kenny but I wont let partisanship stop me from calling it how it is.

mr. oliver, the man who didn't give a penalty when danny murphy was hacked down in the box at old trafford let lichaj swipe a ball away with his hand today - we keep making these useless officials' decisions look important by being so woeful, can't even put away villa reserve team, we make donkeys like james collins look like a colossus with our predictable hopeful balls into the box straight at the first defender

kuyt and carra just aren't good enough footballers

enrique started well but his distribution has been awful recently

gerrard and shelvey and suarez all try to win games on their own and take the wrong decisions

henderson was ok

downing was downing, afraid of making a mistake, did ok in the first 5 minutes, an anonymous and cowardly as usual after that - what is the opposite of dynamic? that is downing, in fact that is our entire attacking game

mr. oliver, the man who didn't give a penalty when danny murphy was hacked down in the box at old trafford let lichaj swipe a ball away with his hand today - we keep making these useless officials' decisions look important by being so woeful, can't even put away villa reserve team, we make donkeys like james collins look like a colossus with our predictable hopeful balls into the box straight at the first defender

kuyt and carra just aren't good enough footballers

enrique started well but his distribution has been awful recently

gerrard and shelvey and suarez all try to win games on their own and take the wrong decisions

henderson was ok

downing was downing, afraid of making a mistake, did ok in the first 5 minutes, an anonymous and cowardly as usual after that - what is the opposite of dynamic? that is downing, in fact that is our entire attacking game

Surely you should have a separate thread for that?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

We need to become a modern football club if we're going to challenge for the league again. Modern stadium, modern tactics, modern managerial staff with modern methods, and modern players with modern technique. Downing and Carroll are old fashioned players, Kenny is seemingly an old fashioned manager with old fashioned tactics, and we're stuck in the old fashioned stadium, playing old fashioned football. If we want to repeat the success of the past, we must look to the future. We're not playing football against 1980s opposition anymore. We either get this juggernaut again or we'll be stuck, looking upwards, for the rest of time.

Edited by Numero Veinticinco
SHIT FUCKING PHONE KEYBOARD CUNT FUCKER

But he fucking signed them!!!

AND continues to play them in the face of such ineptness!!!

What about Dirk Kuyts preformance today?? it was a fuckin shocker of a preformance!!!

What about Reina's performances this season?? Gerrard had been way off the pace?? Carragher?? come on for fucks sake, it cant always be kennys fault.

As much as i think Kenny wont be in charge of the club at the start of the season IT CAN'T always be the managers fault

Somewhere collective responsibility needs to take place and im sick of it being the managers fault ALL the time

That was it for me. Doesn't matter if we fluke our way to another cup win either. I want change, everyone can see this is going to go wrong. Too bad there aren't many great candidates out there that see us as a good "project".

I want someone from the outside to come in, they will probably be able to make the tough decisions that need to be taken for our future to be sufficiently bright.

We're the quintessential team of tabloid press-headlines

A steeped in history manager appointed largely on sentiment

Tortured geniuses leading the line (Bellamy, Suarez)

A lumbering, unpredictable target-man (Carroll)

The Best-of-British players from mid-table sides (Adam, Downing, Henderson)

... and a couple of aging, once-brilliant veterans who wear their hearts on their sleeves, desperately trying to recapture their old glory streaks.

It's like the cast of Armageddon out there; superb media fodder.

We're a fucking joke but we let the papers write us so what do you expect?

I love Kenny. He was the right man at the right time. He dug us out of the quagmire and made us proud again. If anything, he is too intensely dignified for the glare of the modern game. He is at this moment, regrettably, both a hero and victim of circumstance.

Heading back into the annals of history that preceded him, though, we should never have let them sack Benitez. There was a man whom, for his faults, had a sustainable vision. When we let him go we lost the last man in the trenches with his finger on the pulse of the modern game. That's just my opinion, and I mean no disrespect to Kenny. In my mind, you can watch all the football you want, you can be at any position within or without a club, and no matter your level of intuition, you cannot understand how to manipulate the game's intricacies without first being carried along in its current.

Who knows how we fix this? We can't just get a new man in. We'd have to ship out half the team for half the prices to get near where we need to be.

Either a new man comes in and does that or we give Kenny a couple of years to acclimatise to his new surroundings. Either way it's a long road ahead.

What about Dirk Kuyts preformance today?? it was a fuckin shocker of a preformance!!!

What about Reina's performances this season?? Gerrard had been way off the pace?? Carragher?? come on for fucks sake, it cant always be kennys fault.

As much as i think Kenny wont be in charge of the club at the start of the season IT CAN'T always be the managers fault

Somewhere collective responsibility needs to take place and im sick of it being the managers fault ALL the time

1. Strip him off the armband and tell him to play as a right midfielder

2. Don't play him, we have a much better CB waiting for his chance.

3. We have some spineless cowards playing for us, but the management have made so many cock-ups this season that they only really have themselves to blame.

Its not, thats the tragedy of it all .

I've said it countless times, what the fuck can Kenny do when players who should do better, don't do it.

What are we fucking supposed to do though?

At this point we either ship out another shitload of players at a loss and try and rebuild again or we change Manager. Thats about the only options on the table.

For the past while I've thought theres another option, next year things might change and we might not need to change that much. I think I've been living in cloud cookoo land...something I've leveled at many a poster myself in my time posting on here.

I just don't see how things are going to change with this setup. Something has to change.

Who played these players? Who picked them?

Reina has been crap at times this season and Gerrard hasn't been too but neither of them is to blame today. Gerrard was one of only two players who looked like scoring or creating a goal.

The reason we lost is because of the players he picked and the tactics he deployed. Yeah, every player has been awful and they deserve to be called up on that. But its the managers job to get this squad of players winning games. The whole thread is full of criticism for our players and most fans want us to get rid of quite a few too - collective responsibility is taking place.