You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Did anyone see this before? It was fucking unreal. Apparently there's tent cities shooting up all over the place, and people are actually being directed to go there because shelters are full. 1.5m kids are classed as homeless, people queuing in the cold throughout the night to see a doctor, and 400 people are living in seven miles of storm sewers underneath Vegas. Unreal.

Clip here.

BBC News - Panorama - Poor America: 'Some kids are making ketchup soup'

Full thing will be on Iplayer on Wednesday, well worth a watch.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone see this before? It was fucking unreal. Apparently there's tent cities shooting up all over the place, and people are actually being directed to go there because shelters are full. 1.5m kids are classed as homeless, people queuing in the cold throughout the night to see a doctor, and 400 people are living in seven miles of storm sewers underneath Vegas. Unreal.

Clip here.

I didn't think much of that Butlins in Bognor Regis either.

That was a hard watch. There were points there were I was properly fucking fuming, and it's not even my country.

Worst was the CNN debate, when the candidates were asked if they'd let the guy in the coma, who's health insurance ran out, die. It wasn't that not one of the Republican candidates was prepared to say no, it was the audience members who whooped "yeah!"

If I'd have been in that audience and sat next to one of them, I'd have dragged their sorry cunt arses in front of the cameras so the whole country - neighbours, friends and co-workers - knew exactly who they were.

You have to wonder how long that can go on for before riots become more serious and more widespread.

Clip here.

Jammy bastards!

I'd set it to record with the plan on watching it this afternoon.

I've just watched it. I honestly couldn't believe that the republicans actually firmly believed in what they were saying. They don't see it so it doesn't happen, almost no social justice whatsoever.

Health care costing 5k a year when your annual wage is around 7k, i mean really. I'm pretty sure my kids would eat first too - speaking of eating, rats? who the fuck eats rats? Kids being sent home with food parcels, some seriously wrong shit if people see that as being acceptable.

The tax breaks for businesses, what like that'll filter down to the working man? Yeah right.

You really do appreciate the post war change this country underwent when you see a society like that.

Guest ShoePiss
Surely the numbers of protesters such as those with the 99% and Occupy raised enough attention for people to have some grounding of it being morally wrong?

Of what being morally wrong? I've only seen the 3 minute clip...

America really is a polarised society.

I noticed none of the republicans had the bollocks to say whether they would let someone die if they couldn't afford healthcare in a given instance. They would have extinguished any hopes of running for president if they had said the 'wrong' thing there.

Has anyone ever read that leaked citigroup memo? Might be of interest to some of you:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0BzgUudifBc68ZGUyNzA0MzAtZDZkZC00ZmZjLTkwY2ItNzBlZWRmNjI1ZTNm

Of what being morally wrong? I've only seen the 3 minute clip...

It could just be me, the whole farce just seems to be keep your curtains closed an everything is just hunky dory.

Watched this before, it's absolutely staggering.

That cunt suggesting child labour as a solution is allowed to run for president? Fucking hell.

Gingrich? There'll be work houses popping up all over America should he get the opportunity.

scan0030%20Millbank%20workhouse.jpg

You may or may not agree with him but Michael Moore's comments about the state of the USA are bang on and it's what the occupy movement is all about.

When he says 50M people with no health care, 46M people living in poverty and so on he aint lying.

The population of the UK is approx 65M, you've got whole country populations falling off the social ladder into an under, under class like tent cities. Frightening really.

but if it was me I'd be bumming my way south, where it's warm

One of my thoughts when it was showing the couple in the tent complaining about the damp on the pillows, it's a tent, surely you'd pack up and hitch south*? I'm hopefully out camping for the first time this season in a fortnight. I'm going from North Wales to Dorset - those couple of degrees should make it a little more comfortable.

*living in a tent during the winter not of choice is still shocking though.

Guest Pistonbroke
You may or may not agree with him but Michael Moore's comments about the state of the USA are bang on and it's what the occupy movement is all about.

When he says 50M people with no health care, 46M people living in poverty and so on he aint lying.

The population of the UK is approx 65M, you've got whole country populations falling off the social ladder into an under, under class like tent cities. Frightening really.

The land of the free indeed.