You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

He was photo bombing the golden globes the other day, even when he does a voiceover it's a Susanna Reid frig fest. And he's never going to best Ricardo Montalban as Khan, not in a million years, he's just a slightly malevolent James Blunt.

"It has been widely debated that Ricardo Montalban's chest was actually a prosthetic piece that he wore during the film. In the director's commentary in the special edition DVD, Nicholas Meyer is quoted as saying that it was, in fact, Montalban's actual chest and that he was a very muscular man who worked out. During publicity for the movie, during an appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson (1962), Montalban explained that he was able to achieve the look seen in the film by doing push-ups. "A lot of push-ups." "

And he was 60 when he played Khan in that film. Beat that, Cumberbund.

• Upvote 1

6 Music’s Mary Anne Hobbs

Now, I’m sure she’s a lovely woman whose kind to her family and all that. However. I cannot fucking stand her schtick as a DJ: Specifically, her Brian Cox-esque fawning, obsequious gibberish spouted about the most banal fucking things. It’s like she’s constantly channelling the bird from The Orb’s ‘Little Fluffy Couds’ all the fucking time:  ” Ohhh, I remember the ickle-ickle green LEDs you’d have on 1980’s Pioneer CD players – They were magical really, like a gateway ready to transport you into a whole otherworldly dimension of consuming JOY and musical TOGETHERNESSSS…..now for some Salt n’Pepa”.

Pipe the fuck down love. No-one’s buying your ‘love’ for everything musical – you’ve clearly been instructed by your producer to “Give it some Coxy, yeah”?  in order to separate you from all the other superannuated luvvie DJ’s on BBC radio. Oh, what’s that? Your ex-husband Guy Garvey has a show on 6music as well? Well blow me down with a feather! Look, we get that you love music, but for god’s sake Just talk like a normal person and not like you’ve had your tea spiked with some industrial-grade psilocybin and your biscuits are made of MDMA.

Thanks!

• Upvote 2

Drivers who flash their lights at you when you've indicated to go into their lane on the motorway. I'm not talking like there's a traffic jam and you're looking to switch lanes, this is when you're around 200m in front and if you flash your lights or not, I'm taking that space. Fucking lorries do it all the time including this morning when he kept his full beam on for around 5 seconds. Could see spots in my eyes for around 2 minutes. Get to fuck, that's my space now boy and I'm taking it!

• Upvote 1

The way the news exagerates absolutely everything these days. Apparently it's windy today. Not that Britain is used to wind or, that's its weather has been considered grim for so long that Roman troops considered being posted here a bum gig, no, apparently windy weather is deserving of not one but three reporters being sent to random promenades in their waterproofs to show us just how windy it is.

Not only that, but the news is now given to inventing terms for weather. Sub hurricane (high winds) weatherbomb (unseasonal high winds) and this morning's latest one 'thunder snow!' (when it snows and thunders instead of rains and thunders).

Thunder, thunder, THUNDER SNOW! Hoooooooooooooooo!

Fuck off.

The way the news exagerates absolutely everything these days. Apparently it's windy today. Not that Britain is used to wind or, that's its weather has been considered grim for so long that Roman troops considered being posted here a bum gig, no, apparently windy weather is deserving of not one but three reporters being sent to random promenades in their waterproofs to show us just how windy it is.

Not only that, but the news is now given to inventing terms for weather. Sub hurricane (high winds) weatherbomb (unseasonal high winds) and this morning's latest one 'thunder snow!' (when it snows and thunders instead of rains and thunders).

Thunder, thunder, THUNDER SNOW! Hoooooooooooooooo!

Fuck off.

We've had the mildest winter we were ever likely to have and I still hear fucknuts whine about "this bloody weather" all day. Fucking blerts.

Well, that was rather silly of you. Four coats in one season? Were you planning on moving to Siberia?

To be fair I'd lost shit loads of weight so had to get rid of my old ones. In one week I gave a parka and a smart wool coat to a charity shop and bought a parka and smart wool coat. Also got a discounted waterproof and another cheapish puffa style one which will both do me in milder weather. I'd needed a waterproof for ages to be fair, you never know when someone will ask you to go to Snowdon, even though you'll almost certainly say no.

Like Paul too, I just love coats. If I was Nick Cotton I'd turn up at my mum's and tell her her grandson had been kidnapped by ISIS and were demanding money, I'd then spend it on a coat, liquidise it and inject it into my thumbs.

• Upvote 1

Arthur Friedenreich, on 15 Jan 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

What the fuck is going on with Tapatalk? The cunt keeps taking over me phone with shitty adverts and loading bollocks from the App Store. Piece of shit.

It's a sneaky bastard Tapatalk. You think the page is loaded and you click 'Next Page' and BAM!! It hits you with an add and you're redirected to the app store.

American individualism and libertarianism. Just lost my rag on another forum with thick cunts who think that the right to declare whatever hateful shit comes into their minds is the same as free speech and is more important than the common good. And owning a gun is more important than their children's safety.

Even the liberal ones are several miles to the right of Thatcher. The sooner China takes them over, the better