You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 prominent Jewish celebrities made a very public point of calling out a prominent political figure for issues with antisemitism. One of them took it to the extreme. 

Another prominent political figure has been called out for an issue with antisemitism and they both, especially the one who took it to the extreme have so far remained completely silent. 

It’s completely acceptable to mention the stark contrast in responses. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

The world and his dog has already called out Braverman for her comment. Let's not pretend this is about anything other than a weak attempt to discredit the two Jewish celebrities for having the temerity to put their heads above the parapet on previous occasions.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Strontium said:

The world and his dog has already called out Braverman for her comment. Let's not pretend this is about anything other than a weak attempt to discredit the two Jewish celebrities for having the temerity to put their heads above the parapet on previous occasions.

Bullshit. 

16 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Bullshit. 

Of course it isn't bullshit.

Nobody would give a shit whether they'd said anything about Braverman if they hadn't opposed Corbyn. It was speaking up then that was their "crime", not being silent now.

The intent is to paint their earlier criticism as dishonest and politically-motivated rather than due to them having sincere concerns over what a Corbyn premiership would mean.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Strontium said:

Of course it isn't bullshit.

Nobody would give a shit whether they'd said anything about Braverman if they hadn't opposed Corbyn. It was speaking up then that was their "crime", not being silent now.

The intent is to paint their earlier criticism as dishonest and politically-motivated rather than due to them having sincere concerns over what a Corbyn premiership would mean.

Accusing someone of being a racist by the way they pronounced a word and walking round with a t shirt calling someone a racist=sincere concerns

Excuse my ignorance but I do struggle with what is considered racist language.

Watching Narcos and every other word is 'Gringo' not in the slightest bit offensive even though it is used is a sense that suggests inferiority or injustice or colonialism all of which are fair points I guess.

Brits, Scots, Micks, Paddys, Yanks, Jerry, Aussie, Ruskie,  Wetback, Frogs, Greaseballs, etc are often used terms to describe national identity. While some are obviously closer to the edge than others I don't think any are considered intrinsically racist. Context is obviously massively important.

I appreciate the P word or the Ch**k word used to describe people of Pakistani or Chinese ethnicity are offensive to people of that ethnicity and that is enough to forbid it but I wonder where the line is drawn. Obviously the N word is hugely offensive and goes far beyond race to include slavery and worthlessness etc. But with that in mind can calling someone a Scot or a yank be considered offensive if the target deems it so?

Tricky subject and not intended to offend anyone just an honest question on the intricacies of language.

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Really? When your entire point is ‘what about Braverman?’  

the whatabouttery angle may be valid if we were taking about some random backbencher.

one of the most politically powerful people in the country and the person who is responsible for immigration, had a disgraceful encounter with a holocaust survivor and the 2 most vocal critics of anti semitism have said the sum total of fuck all.

If you think thats perfectly logical because of something about lenny henry,go nuts.   

48 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

the whatabouttery angle may be valid if we were taking about some random backbencher.

one of the most politically powerful people in the country and the person who is responsible for immigration, had a disgraceful encounter with a holocaust survivor and the 2 most vocal critics of anti semitism have said the sum total of fuck all.

If you think thats perfectly logical because of something about lenny henry,go nuts.   

You’ve done it again. ‘What about Braverman’.  It’s very funny though.  

Just because they don’t like your mate.  

Why do these people have to do what you want?  You fucking hate them but demand they act in a way that would make you happy. That’s weird you know.  Fucking weird.  

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

You’ve done it again. ‘What about Braverman’.  It’s very funny though.  

Just because they don’t like your mate.  

Why do these people have to do what you want?  You fucking hate them but demand they act in a way that would make you happy. That’s weird you know.  Fucking weird.  

would you care to explain how you have come to the conclusion that I hate them?

13 hours ago, Strontium said:

The demand for people to comment on every instance of potential racism is really weird, and only ever seems to be directed at one group.  

That group being "people who were complicit in the obvious exaggeration of anti-Semitism in the Labour Party and thereby helped saddle us with a thoroughly racist government".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That group being "people who were complicit in the obvious exaggeration of anti-Semitism in the Labour Party and thereby helped saddle us with a thoroughly racist government".

Any other examples of ‘exaggerated racism’ questioned here?  Nope. 

12 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Any other examples of ‘exaggerated racism’ questioned here?  Nope. 

What are you on about?

When I read your Clarkson's* post, I thought he was making a snide innuendo that the group in question was "the Jews". It needed clarification (which I now see that Stronts himself has provided.)

(*I often picture Stronts and you on here as Stewart Lee's description of Jeremy Clarkson and Richard "the Hamster" Hammond, who isn't even a real hamster.)

Interesting read about the Holocaust, with a reminder that we shouldn't think of it just as something that happened long ago and far away.  It's good that the theme for this year's Holocaust Memorial Day is "ordinary people", because that's who both the victims and the perpetrators were.

https://rebellion602.wordpress.com/2023/01/24/time-to-decolonise-the-holocaust/ 

11 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Interesting read about the Holocaust, with a reminder that we shouldn't think of it just as something that happened long ago and far away.  It's good that the theme for this year's Holocaust Memorial Day is "ordinary people", because that's who both the victims and the perpetrators were.

There is a couple of programmes on the BBC I need to catch up on

America and the Holocaust and how the Holocaust began which looks similar to that doc on Netflix.

7 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

There is a couple of programmes on the BBC I need to catch up on

America and the Holocaust and how the Holocaust began which looks similar to that doc on Netflix.

I've recorded both of them, but it usually takes me a while to get round to stuff that's likely to be a bit gruelling.

25 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

A decent read but it has to count for every single walk of life not just certain sections. Every human being regardless of race, religion, colour should be treated with respect. Unfortunately not everyone thinks that way (racists) 

• Upvote 1

I'm officially an antisemite according to the holocaust people. I don't give a flying fuck about what colour, race or what sky fairy people worship. I do think that the state of Israel, especially with that cunt Netanyahu running it, are racist, murdering cunts with a remarkable similarity to the perpetrators of the Holocaust. Any criticism of the state of Israel is now officially classified as antisemitism.

1 hour ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

I'm officially an antisemite according to the holocaust people. I don't give a flying fuck about what colour, race or what sky fairy people worship. I do think that the state of Israel, especially with that cunt Netanyahu running it, are racist, murdering cunts with a remarkable similarity to the perpetrators of the Holocaust. Any criticism of the state of Israel is now officially classified as antisemitism.

Who are "the Holocaust people" who have classified you?

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/europe/2023/01/26/syrian-man-saved-children-from-holocaust/

Saw this article and thought of this thread. Some very courageous people among the evil cunts.

Superb. Bravery beyond belief and even all them years later to say “you owe us nothing” shows that decent does exist. 

Fucking French police twats