You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Had a quick look at the scorecard about halfway through the Lanky innings and we were struggling badly, but my main thought was that I didn't recognise hardly any of your players' names.

We struggling financially and it’s showing. 

It’s a long way from the likes of Jonty Rhodes, Ian Harvey, Jack Russell, Mark Alleyne and our imperious one day side. 

One match away from a final and a massive piss up though. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

We struggling financially and it’s showing. 

It’s a long way from the likes of Jonty Rhodes, Ian Harvey, Jack Russell, Mark Alleyne and our imperious one day side. 

One match away from a final and a massive piss up though. 

Got everything crossed for you.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Fingers crossed. 

So...

Basically we got skittled for 117, and they ended up getting them seven wickets down with two overs left. Really tight low scoring game. So the cunts get the sound system going playing We Are The Champions etc. We're there all just waiting for everyone to go having to sit through that shit. Despondent we fuck off home. In the car I check the result of the game with the team in 3rd. They'd bowled first and had the opponent 166-9 after their 40. A fairly easy chase against a side without much bowling.

They got bowled out for 67.

So we're promoted in 2nd!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 8

49 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I should have added to my post last week that I ended up fourth highest run scorer in the league and I would be very surprised if it has gone unnoticed by the England management team. 

Anyone been to India in October?

What was your scoring rate though? Unless you’re at a run a ball you’re staying at home practising your Chris Tavare impression in the indoor nets.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

What was your scoring rate though? Unless you’re at a run a ball you’re staying at home practising your Chris Tavare impression in the indoor nets.

Only one team in our league scores digitally on play cricket so I have a sample size of two games. The first game against this team I hadn't intended to play as I was in Devon visiting some family. Anyway, I was persuaded to drive the two and a quarter hours up to Wales, play, then drive the two and a quarter hours back on the same day.

Two ball duck. 

So my scoring rate was precisely 0 for half the season. Got 70 at a little worse than a run a ball in the return fixture to end about two months of piss taking. 

• Upvote 1