You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

John W Henry Interview admits top players wanted to leave

Glen C

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The more I read from the new owners, the more I believe their philosophy is the correct one, that can be sustainable for many decades to come. This Chelsea/City/PSG style of ownership, where transfer funds have seemed almost unlimited at times, can't last forever. Paying players 250k every week, with a turnover smaller than just your wage will commitments, can't last forever.

I'm very pleased every time John Henry makes an interview. Always says the right things and seems a class act all around. Unlike before we can now also say that his words are backed up by his actions. The support from the owners in the last two transfer windows has been great and the club seems to be moving in the right direction on all fronts. If they manage to resolve the stadium issue, they have delivered on all promises and have been true saviours. What a diffrence a year can make!

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I can see us building a statue of him in 50 years time, he must be one of the only owners of a football team that is genuinely intelligent you get the feeling he would be brilliant at whatever he did.

Hi, John.

I'm glad he's gone to Germany to look at stadia, they always seem to keep better control of building costs. Hopefully he gets a German firm to build New Anfield instead of some British shysters at three times the price.

I just find it interesting that he was in Germany inspecting the Allianz Arena, which obviously is one of the most well-known examples of ground-sharing between 2 clubs.

I just find it interesting that he was in Germany inspecting the Allianz Arena, which obviously is one of the most well-known examples of ground-sharing between 2 clubs.

Groundshare is gonna happen. its not if, its when!

I’ve seen a lot of talk recently about ground-sharing, but our position hasn’t changed. There’s no doubt that if a new stadium were to be built in Liverpool from a financial perspective - which is the major issue - a ground-share would be helpful for both clubs. But there doesn’t seem to be any support for that from Red or Blue fans - at all. So how could that ever happen?

I'm not convinced that Henry would go for groundshare. Yes, it would help in the short-term with financing but longterm it would affect the sale value of the club. We've just seen the scum announce an IPO valuing their equity at £2bn. That will have concentrated FSG's minds on just how much profit they can eventually make from this & reducing long-term equity value & revenue streams won't be that attractive to them

"The worry seemed to be that we wouldn’t spend. But we’ve been consistent, we intend to strengthen this club annually but that doesn’t mean we will deficit spend. It’s up to us to strengthen revenues. Only then will the club be strong enough to compete in Europe."

Groundshare is gonna happen. its not if, its when!

I’ve seen a lot of talk recently about ground-sharing, but our position hasn’t changed. There’s no doubt that if a new stadium were to be built in Liverpool from a financial perspective - which is the major issue - a ground-share would be helpful for both clubs. But there doesn’t seem to be any support for that from Red or Blue fans - at all. So how could that ever happen?

There's a very obvious answer to that. We wont be sharing a stadium.