You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reds agree Henderson deal

I dont understand the negative reaction of some people to this signing? I dont think anyone other than Sunderland fans have seen enough of this lad to say whether its a good signing or not, but at the end of the day Comolli and Dalglish are no mugs and if they see this lad (and Carroll/Suarez) as the future then you have to trust their judgment. Some people on here forever bang on about we could have had Bale, Lennon, Young etc... years ago for a fraction of the price, but when players like Carroll and Henderson are bought they moan about them being kids and we need to be buying Mata, Aguero, Rossi etc... Who knows how they are going to perform or behave for that matter, David Silva has taken his time settling in and as for Tevez his recent conduct is a fucking disgrace.

I just get the impression that signing young or established premier league players there seems to be a remit from the owners through to the manager that the first priority is winning the premier league or certainly building a team capable of winning it over the next 2/3 years not a team to finish 4th but a hungry British team to win with players that understand what the premier league and the club is all about.

Just my opinion.

This deal is madness and even the ones trying to defend it know it deep down.Our deals are making city and chelsea look sensible in the transfer market, atleast when they spend big they get proven quality.

Your username is JermainePennant that would suggest that youve gotten something wrong in the past

People need to shut the fuck up.

Seriously, It's not even as if I can understand where people are coming from because I can't.

Kenny wants a player

We're getting that player

If Kenny doesn't get that player, it's because he wanted to go elsewhere.

Fuck me sideways. I'll drive Hicks and Gillett back here if it meant an end to this tedious shit moaning.

Seriously, It's not even as if I can understand where people are coming from because I can't.

Kenny wants a player

Fuck me sideways. I'll drive Hicks and Gillett back here if it meant an end to this tedious shit moaning.

Its like Bronzy and Metaly!

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Oh, look, somebody complaining about other posters whilst actually saying nothing of merit themselves. Great.

Guest PurpleNose
Oh, look, somebody complaining about other posters whilst actually saying nothing of merit themselves. Great.

Its become a fucking strange thread.

Like the Summer one.

Fuck me sideways, lets go back to the days of Parry not getting the manager the player he wants, its not even your money FFS

Of course it is, Nick, the club gets its money from the fans directly - match tickets, shirts etc - and indirectly(TV deal).

Guest ShoePiss

Feel the same as I did when we signed Carroll really. Hadn't seen enough of him either but very pleased at the decisiveness at the club.

Love that we've started doing business right at the start of the window.

Guest ShoePiss

Kenny wants a player

I know you're trying to point out that things are worlds apart from last season (for the better obviously) but that's over the top even for you.

has N'gog defo gone the other way as part of this deal?

It seems from what I can find,that it is looking like two separate deals.

It appears we have paid 20 million for Jordan and the Ngog deal has not been reached.

I know we put a 8 million value on him.Just says both clubs have yet reached a deal involving him.

This is not official release its from the Sunderland echo.

From other sources it says he is part of the deal.

Kenny wants a player and we're getting him? Ace. Good deal.

I'm a right boring fucker in the summer, me.

On a possibly unrelated note, one of the ads on the side of the thread here had a cartoon drawing of an extremely toned blonde woman with anatomically unlikely breasts, and what looked like the top of a male erection sticking out of her crotchpanties. The fuck was that about?

Kenny wants a player and we're getting him? Ace. Good deal.

I'm a right boring fucker in the summer, me.

On a possibly unrelated note, one of the ads on the side of the thread here had a cartoon drawing of an extremely toned blonde woman with anatomically unlikely breasts, and what looked like the top of a male erection sticking out of her crotchpanties. The fuck was that about?

In a fucking nutshell.

It just seems a bit strange to me.

If you asked me yesterday what parts of the team needed strengthening there's no fucking way I would've said centre midfield and I'm not going to try and rationalise it now just because we've spent £13 million, (and whatever it costs to replace N'gog), on a player who will probably prove to be an upgrade on what we've got if he continues developing.

I understand the argument that he's a long term replacement for Gerrard, (who we didn't miss half as much as I thought we would at the arse-end of the season, which surely tells us something about the strength in depth we've got in the middle of the park), but even so, this strikes me as a weird way to start spending the transfer budget.

Of course, this all depends on who comes and goes between now and the end of the season, and I'm confident that Dalglish and Commolli have a far better idea of where we need to be, but as it stands right now this is a perplexing bit of business to say the least.

If its English youth we're going for - and it seems like that weill play at least a part - then I'd love us to go full on for Phil Jones.

Seems to be a strong rumor,he is at the scum right now undergoing a medical.

Skysports.com has learnt Blackburn Rovers defender Phil Jones is at Manchester United having a medical as he closes on a move to Old Trafford.

The in-demand centre-half is also a target for Arsenalspacer.gif and Liverpoolspacer.gif but it would appear United have stolen a march on their Premier League rivals in a transfer race that could be concluded soon.

Liverpool were thought to be the early front-runners for the England Under 21 international but Sir Alex Ferguson, with a healthy transfer chest of his own, is set to land a player many believe will be a mainstay for the senior national side for years to come.

It is understood United have offered the player a five-year contract, despite widespread reports he was to undergo a medical at Liverpool's training ground.

The 19-year-old was supposed to travel to Denmark on Wednesday with the England Under 21s for this summer's European Championship.

Source: Sky Sports

We've signed a player that Kenny really wants. Excellent. I'm well happy with that. I've not seen enough of the lad to have a strong opinion on him yet - and I seriously doubt that anyone on here has seen much of him - but the fact that Kenny is getting this kind of backing is great.

We've signed a player that Kenny really wants. Excellent. I'm well happy with that. I've not seen enough of the lad to have a strong opinion on him yet - and I seriously doubt that anyone on here has seen much of him - but the fact that Kenny is getting this kind of backing is great.

That s how I feel to,there backing him all the way by the looks of it.

To those who are grumbling etc over this or any of Kenny s signings up to now,should remember,that we all wanted Kenny as boss,so quit all the negativity over who we sign and back and believe in Kenny s judgement.

There s no use wanting him as manager if people then start questioning his signings.

If the signings go tits up,then moan fair enough but not before they have even kicked a ball for us.

This isn't having a go, it's a genuine question. How do you know this is someone kenny wants and it backing for him. Is it not possible this and all other signings will be comoli's? I know he's come out with all that stuff in the past of not signing players the manager doesn't want, but he made the same platitudes at spurs and it didn't stop him buying players the manager didn't want there.

Since DC was promoted a month or so back and kenny signed up, has there been a clarification of their positions and responsibilities? I could well have missed it, but from where I sit it feels to me from some comments that Werner has made that comoli is in charge of player recruitment.