You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

cole must go

scooter

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Played well tonight. Faded near the end but did well and should have won a penalty. One of the only players we have who can carry the ball forward with any conviction...

He was fucking crap and is finished but not singling him out coz there was plenty there tonight who are on borrowed time.

Still think we will go through though coz they were fucking crap!

Guest Pistonbroke

Why do a few on here think the Cole incident should have resulted in a penalty ? He dived and dragged his legs into the defenders. For them Kyrgiakos stuck his leg out stupidly and Mossoro ran into it. Huge difference even though both are cheating to gain a penalty.

Cole looks overweight, unfit and as said above lethargic and ponderous with the ball. He spent more time passing to the opposition in the second half. I think the best we can hope for next season is him going out on loan with us paying a percentage of his salary.

Guest Pistonbroke
Cole looks overweight, unfit and as said above lethargic and ponderous with the ball. He spent more time passing to the opposition in the second half. I think the best we can hope for next season is him going out on loan with us paying a percentage of his salary.

Maybe we should just put him out to graze and may for a percentage of his celery.

Guest PurpleNose

Few months ago I thought that possibly his ineptness was simply a result of playing in a team managed by Miss Marple.

Turns out he's just absolutely fucking shit.

We've got the worst set of wide midfielders in the history of ever.

Guest PurpleNose
Maybe we should just put him out to graze and may for a percentage of his celery.

He gets paid in celery?

How much celery do you get for 80k/100k?

He's been awful for the best part of three years now. His career has been ruined by injury - and it's no coincidence that he didn't take care of himself as a younger man - he was never a good trainer.

But remember that those of us who opposed his signing were in a minority of about 20% in the summer, according to the big poll on here. How many of the majority have lost faith in their assessment of him, I wonder?

There is still hope for Cole, but for him to become good and play to his ability he need movement around him, more movement will create just the space he needs to run more at players and play through balls because there will be options and thats what Cole is about chaning directions using other options as one of the factors to trick the opposition.

When you dont have genuine pace and are running at players you need movement around you for it to work, if not its too easy to block the one option you might have.

Just look out for this in Cole`s next game.

I must say that i was happy to sign him in the summer, it was not because he is that good but just that i was hoping he was better then the rest of the crap we have on our wings. And when the interviews came out that we was promised a more central role on the field. My first thought was "Who the hell is he gonna replace then" because he's not better then anyone we have in our midfield.

I must say that i was happy to sign him in the summer, it was not because he is that good but just that i was hoping he was better then the rest of the crap we have on our wings. And when the interviews came out that we was promised a more central role on the field. My first thought was "Who the hell is he gonna replace then" because he's not better then anyone we have in our midfield.

He's better than Poulsen.

My mum's better than Poulsen, and she's been dead for six years.

Oh my fucking god.

Why is it people always think like you can have 25 world class 30m players around?

I wish we could but, we are not able to go out, sell 10-15 players, and the buy players to cover them that is world class.

A Joe Cole in form, is a great squad player, and he offers alot of creativity on the ball. I am sure that he will fit good into the squad next season, as it will be more offensive minded than it was this. He has been unlucky with injuries this season, and i believe in him. So give him another season. He is definately not the worst player to have around.

When we got him, I didn't like the idea. Obviously Chelsea couldn't be bothered with him, and at 95k a week, I'm afraid he doesn't stack up really. Tonight was his chance to really show he's still got what it takes - some on here have mentioned his lack of confidence, but he's a veteran and should know HOW to turn it around.

I suspect he's past turning it around, and is simply doing a 'harry kewel' - he should be nicely set up for retirement after 4 yrs of 95k a week - assuming his accountant knows where to put the money and reduce the tax.

I'm glad kenny played him, but I expected him to do much better after a decent game at west ham, but he disappointed.

As for Poulsen - jezus wept he's crap.

I'd like to see him in a full strength side in maxi's place before I bin him but on his current form I think I'd rather see Pacheco instead.

Yeah I'd like to see much more of Pacheco and the other youngsters - the veterans like Gerrard, Carragher and Cole, should really be proving themselves on an ongoing basis, just like the youngsters have to.

Ian Callaghan had an 18 yr career with Liverpool , but he wasn't simply a 'token' player or a 'talisman'.

He retained his place thru sheer bloody hard graft, hanging onto every ounce of skill he could; in reality, as a player ages he has to work HARDER. Joe Cole isn't .