You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Marathon - Oct 9th

TaksimRakiClub

This will be my 3rd marathon, injuries permitting, and it's a lot easier to train over the summer for an autumn race than through the winter for a spring race.

They've had over 3,000 entries so far, so with a bit of luck it should be a decent field, although holding the event on the same day as the Chester marathon isn't going to help.

The course is mostly flat and takes in 3 parks (Birkenhead, Sefton and Princes) and the entire length of Wallasey Promenade from New Brighton to Seacombe.

It then goes through the Birkenhead tunnel, down the Strand and up Upper Parly at about 15 miles which isn't going to be fun before looping around Sefton Park with the finish back at the Pier Head.

Not looking for a time - survival will do.

The course is mostly flat and takes in 3 parks (Birkenhead, Sefton and Princes) and the entire length of Wallasey Promenade from New Brighton to Seacombe.

It then goes through the Birkenhead tunnel, down the Strand and up Upper Parly at about 15 miles which isn't going to be fun before looping around Sefton Park with the finish back at the Pier Head.

Not looking for a time - survival will do.

Yeah but when you start training you will get competitive and want to at least beat 4 hours!

Pick a good training program and stick to it. If you do the milage you will have no problems.

I am 44, 6'2'' and 14 stone when race fit so if I can beat 4 hours anyone can

Well, I've got a couple of years on you at 46 and I'm 6'00'' and about 13 stone - not in too bad a shape for an arlarse who likes a bevvy.

I run regularly and enjoy the half marathon distance of which I've got about 12 or so under my belt.

I've done a marathon before but it was twenty odd years ago - the last one they held in Liverpool I think - did it in 3.32.

Went through the half way stage in an hour and 25 and blew up on the second lap.

Unfortunately I left my marathon time on the long training run I'd done the week before.

I'd be made up with 4 hours and that's the target time at the moment.