You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa will be sacked after world club champs

adidas samba

There's no way, no way at all he'd have us all pulling in the same direction. It isn't just a couple of people on the internet who disliked him. There's people at the club who've no time for him whatsoever and were glad to see the back of him. And I'm not talking about any of the players.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He shouldn't come back, he had his go and it didn't work out like we had hoped.

A new manager who will stay for a long time and build a legacy that matches the previous legacies put in place at our great club, is exactly what is needed.

And to knock United of their fucking perch and make us great and proud again.

Amen

He wanted control because Rick Parry was a clueless cunt and was poor at closing out deals, like Dani Alves & Malouda.

If you saw players not coming to our club because of shit twats like Parry, then you'd be a bit frustrated aswell and would want control of transfers, wouldn't you?

Plus, wouldn't you want control of the academy when it hadn't produced anything since 2001

We had Dani Alves done. Benitez told Parry to pull out.

We also had Aaron Ramsay done. Benitez consulted Macia, and he told him he weren't worth the money.

If Benitez had gotten his way, Heskey would be a Liverpool player now.

There's no denying Parry fucked up on several targets (Vidic, Maloud and Owen being the most obvious examples).

As for the Academy; I won't argue with that. But that didn't mean he couldn't have at least attempted to work with those there, instead of playing his political games and potentially harming the careers of young players.

He wanted control because Rick Parry was a clueless cunt and was poor at closing out deals, like Dani Alves & Malouda.

If you saw players not coming to our club because of shit twats like Parry, then you'd be a bit frustrated aswell and would want control of transfers, wouldn't you?

Plus, wouldn't you want control of the academy when it hadn't produced anything since 2001

Do you think FSV would allow him to piss away the near £80m on shit after torres? He can't blame Parry on that although he tried it with Keane I suppose. There's no way he'd work in this new set up.

The Academy did need revamping no arguments there it was to focussed on producing team success rather than individuals to make the step up.

Time to move on

There's no way, no way at all he'd have us all pulling in the same direction. It isn't just a couple of people on the internet who disliked him. There's people at the club who've no time for him whatsoever and were glad to see the back of him. And I'm not talking about any of the players.

So not really concerned with what's best for the club then? Just that you don't like him.

Nope.

The decision to move Rafa on has proven to be a terrible one.

Bring him back. If Carragher, Gerrard, or the tea lady don't like it, move them on. (In the case of the tea lady, I'd want to see her looked after financially.)

No, the correct decision was taken to sack him. The worng decision was made with regards to his replacement. That's the long and short of it, really.

No, the correct decision was taken to sack him. The worng decision was made with regards to his replacement. That's the long and short of it, really.

In a nutshell thats always been my view.

But have to admit I do have my moments where I stop and think we made a mistake purely because removing him gave us Roy. I can understand that line of thought.

Nope.

The decision to move Rafa on has proven to be a terrible one.

Bring him back. If Carragher, Gerrard, or the tea lady don't like it, move them on. (In the case of the tea lady, I'd want to see her looked after financially.)

No it hasn't. The decision to get Hodgson proved terrible. The simple fact of the matter is, had he stayed, we wouldn't have got many decent players, Masch still would have went, and it's entirely reasonable to suggest Torres and Gerrard would already be gone.

We need a fresh start. We need a youngish coach (relatively, of course) who is capable of spending a good deal of time here and build a legacy. Someone with a philosophy of positive football and the ability to build a team.

Rafa is none of those. He is divisive, and for all the good that he did the club (and there was good, no doubt about that), I never got the sense that he was building up to something. For all his persnickety attention to detail, we were for almost all his reign here, except for that Indian summer in 2008-2009, and intensely inconsistent side who flattered to deceive on many occasions.

By the end, we were steadily devolving into Rafa FC as he started to insist on taking on more and more of the burden of running the entire club, as if he didn't trust anyone else to do it, and quite simply you cannot be successful if the man in charge is suspicious of collaboration and resistant to new ideas. Rafa's focus turned away from his main role at the club - getting the first team in order - and he became obsessed with creating a club in his own style. Fine if you are the owner, but a total mess of you are the manager.

The fact that there are still so many that would "carry him back from Milan" goes to show how skewed many of our fans outlook on the club is, many falling victim to the desperate tug of nostalgia, of the regressive idea that because something succeeded in the past, that thing will always succeed now and in the future, ignoring of course all the times it didn't succeed.

Rafa is no longer a good fit for our club. With have a system of operation that we should ALL know is just going to cause friction with him (the new owners insisting on value for money in purchases, a DoF etc). The most frustrating thing is Hodgson is so fucking bad that he is casting a retrospective amnesia over just how bad that last season was for Rafa, how poorly he had the team operating. All this talk about "beachballs and injuries" is disingenuous excuse-making of mypost levels. We went to Wolves and used ONE substitute in a sterile draw, for example. We spent a great deal of money on a replacement for Alonso who was INJURED BEFORE HE WALKED INTO THE CLUB, and who it was obvious was a little lightweight anyway and thus more of a risk even fully fit.

Rafa is gone. He should not be back.

potentially harming the careers of young players.

In all honesty I couldn't really give a fuck as they were never gonna make it. Rafa decided that that way was the best to get the Academy moving forward and just like most things done by a manager it should be judged on results. Fingers crossed it carries on like we currently believe it's going.

On the whole Rafa coming back stuff, I didn't want him gone in the first place but am not sure that bringing him back would be the best for the football club. Just look at how many debates there have been regarding his time at Inter to see some of the massively entrenched view points on him.

We need someone we can all rally behind and believe in, I unfortunately don't think it's Rafa.