You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Hangover Thread

Paulie Dangerously

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Mook said:

I need a hair of the dog.

Get it done. 

I was absolutely smashed yesterday, first 4 beers were 5.0, 5.3, 6.6 and 7.3%

Mrs TheBitch had to undress me in the spare room as I had fell asleep in there. 

I blamed jet lag. 

I’ll be back in the pub in an hour to take the edge off. 

36 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

How you getting on @Mook I’m on my 4th. 

I'm working today but went round to the pub on my break for a pint, felt a bit better after that.

My mate & me mate won a pub quiz last night, things got a bit messy after that. I thought I was in with a Shania Twain lookalike but as usual, it wasn't to be.

• Upvote 1

On 23/10/2022 at 13:27, Mook said:

I am really fucking rough today, didn't even have that much to drink, 4 cans of Heineken, 3 pints of Tennents & two brandy & Cokes and I feel like I've gone 5 rounds with Mike Tyson. 

Absolutely brutal these hangovers once you get past 40.

It's the Heineken. Might as well drink a pint of arsenic.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Been in cork for a work since Wednesday and last night went for a quick pint with the client after.

that turned into 8, and now I’m sat at the airport as rough as hell and wondering if I’ll make it home without throwing up.

at the moment I’d call it an optimistic 50/50 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Been in cork for a work since Wednesday and last night went for a quick pint with the client after.

that turned into 8, and now I’m sat at the airport as rough as hell and wondering if I’ll make it home without throwing up.

at the moment I’d call it an optimistic 50/50 

You’ve got away pretty unscathed mate. As I’m a manchild, almost every time I go away with work as a group, I end up not ordering room service and watching all the box sets I’d lined up for early nights, but invariably get on it each night and desperately drag myself through each day. Always plan to go home recharged after a couple of selfish nights of no offspring duties and uninterrupted sleep, but end up going back more fucked than when I left. Absolute bell end

1 hour ago, Curly said:

You’ve got away pretty unscathed mate. As I’m a manchild, almost every time I go away with work as a group, I end up not ordering room service and watching all the box sets I’d lined up for early nights, but invariably get on it each night and desperately drag myself through each day. Always plan to go home recharged after a couple of selfish nights of no offspring duties and uninterrupted sleep, but end up going back more fucked than when I left. Absolute bell end

Landed in Manchester feeling ever so slightly better after an hours kip, and grabbed a coffee and a bacon butty while walking over to the station to get a train home…wait… not so fast… train strike! Haha

• Upvote 1

I was somewhat stressed before and during a certain unmentionable thing last Sunday, and I was in put out the flags mode afterwards, especially as it was Monday off so it was several Erdingers, followed by some Gamma Ray IPA, Red Wine and a couple of malts.

Monday was a write off, worst Ive felt in a long time. It was great at the time though and I cant say I wont do it again at some stage.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mook said:

I'm off it for a few weeks.

I've been battering it all summer and just sick of being hungover and skint. I'm playing drums at a gig on 23rd September so I've decided that'll be the next time I have a drink.

I was planning some time off, but have instead opted for more grown up drinking - last few drinks I’ve had I’ve stuck to beer and limited to 4 or 5 pints. Helped so far, but I do need to fuck it off at some point. I don’t get excited for it anymore anyway and the payback is rarely worth the fun

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Curly said:

I was planning some time off, but have instead opted for more grown up drinking - last few drinks I’ve had I’ve stuck to beer and limited to 4 or 5 pints. Helped so far, but I do need to fuck it off at some point. I don’t get excited for it anymore anyway and the payback is rarely worth the fun

I'm in the flat myself in the city centre, so just want to go out all the time. I can't really do sensible drinking either, once I start, that's it.

I find it really hard to turn down if someone is out but need to start getting a grip on it as it's been moving into 'going to the pub yourself on a Tuesday night' territory.

A mate was hassling me to go out and see a band last night & I turned him down so a good start, just need to stick to it.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Mook said:

I'm in the flat myself in the city centre, so just want to go out all the time. I can't really do sensible drinking either, once I start, that's it.

I find it really hard to turn down if someone is out but need to start getting a grip on it as it's been moving into 'going to the pub yourself on a Tuesday night' territory.

A mate was hassling me to go out and see a band last night & I turned him down so a good start, just need to stick to it.

Nice one mate - that no is so hard for me too, but the next morning when I’ve swerved something I feel like an absolute champ - and fresh too!

• 2 weeks later...