You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Beautiful South

Lurtz

Negged for, I dunno, something I'll think of later.

Telling people you will neg them for doing something is gay... just neg the fuck out of them when the time comes for a good negging.

You got negged in the arse without warning.

You now revenge negged and that is a blatant act of homosexuality.

Guest davelfc

[YOUTUBE]bt1RJS6tpro[/YOUTUBE]

Don't know what I'm doing here

I'll carry on regardless

Got enough money for one more beer

I'll carry on regardless

Good as gold, but stupid as mud

He'll carry on regardless

They'll bleed his heart 'til there's no more blood

But carry on regardless

Hmmmmm

I read somewhere once that Paul Heaton is a complete wanker.

Nope. He used to come into the pub I worked in, in Hull. I never charged him for a drink (I don't think he ever had to buy a beer on Beverley Road). He would always have time for a quick chat. Top chap, real nice bloke.

Nope. He used to come into the pub I worked in, in Hull. I never charged him for a drink (I don't think he ever had to buy a beer on Beverley Road). He would always have time for a quick chat. Top chap, real nice bloke.

In that case a few years from now i'll post on some forum that i once read that he's a really nice bloke.

This is not dissension (though not also a plea not for neg - it's just for the record), but I have to agree with TK.

There are good / great lyrics (36D), but the music is just a bit too nice.

I preferred and continue to prefer Housemartins: they're a bit more raw. I saw them at the Royal Court in about 88, and they were outstanding.

They were politically motivated and would play just about anywhere they were asked to.

I too know that Paul Heaton is a nice bloke. He was a man who liked his ale. I don't know if he's still often thirsty?

My best friend at school tried to convince us all that, despite the fact that it was a diabolically bad song, the Beautiful South had come to stay with him during the summer holidays and they’d asked him to help them write a new hit. He then came up with ‘Song for Whoever’ (“Jennifer, Alison, Philippa, Sue” etc) based on all the girls he’d fingered.

Oh, and he was 12.

Which pub was that? I used to live on a street off Bev Road.

Happy days

653040_large.jpg

I lived two streets down Bev Road from that. used to go in there quite a lot. The pub across the way seems to have been replaced by a fucking Lidl now. It was a shit pub, but had a great comedy club. I think it was called The Turnpike, but I could well have that wrong. Can't even remember the name of the comedy club, it was a bit of a shit name as far as I remember.