You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tail between the legs time...

Staniola

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted Rafa gone last year and had many an argument about it, but fuck me, all is forgiven. I'd drive to Milan and drive him back!

Sorry to all I argued with. I was fucking outrageously wrong!

Fair play to you mate, for putting your head above the parapet.

As someone who never wanted to see Rafa sacked our current position hurts me like fuck. The problem is this forum is so entrenched in their views( on both sides), their wont be many following you.

If Rafa was english the clamour in the media to get him back would be deafening.

I said it then, I'll say it now - you don't sack a european cup winning manager and replace him with somebody who has won exactly fuck all, as a player or a manager.

I felt Rafa deserved an opportunity to right the wrongs of last season. I also thought that no decision should have been made on the manager until new owners were in place.

That said, I accept that it was a matter of opinion whether he went. However the board fucked up monumentally when they appointed his replacement. The minimum they should have been looking for was somebody with a proven track record of success, regardless of nationality.

I think (and I've got no evidence to back this up) that Gerrard and Carragher might have got in the board's ear over appointing an english manager and with Murphy probably sucking Hodgson's dick to them at every opportunity, old Roy was top of their list.

Sack him now and let Kenny take over whilst the new owners settle in and look for a replacement. Appoint somebody before the end of November and give them a month to evaluate the players before the transfer window opens again.

Rafa was and is a great manager that made LFC play pretty good football with the scarce resources he had available. During his reign we won the Champions League, we played the final and semi finals in the same cup, and we won the FA Cup. In his next to last season we ended up on 2nd place in PL god dammit! Just look at more or less the same team now - Hodgson is leading the team straight down to the wankership...

I believe Rafa had to go as has been said it's just that Roy wasn't the right man to replace him.

I backed Roy until today, that was the straw that broke the Camel's back though.

Fair play for the thread though.

You might be the anti-Me. I wanted Rafa to stay and I still believe it was a bad, bad day for the club when the twats sacked him.

However, Liverpool's new manager still deserves a shitload more respect than he's getting round here.

It's a shit season so far, but it's only 8 games old.

Benitez had to go - just as much for off the field reasons as on, although last season was diabolical and he dug his own grave with shite like Degen, Voronin, Dossena, etc.

Hodgson has also got to go - appointing him was a mistake, I don't think sacking Benitez was.

Nothing more to add really.

The way some of the staunch Rafaites feel vindicated in some way is totally bizarre. Saying Rafa should have gone is no way the same as saying Roy was right to have got the job.

If someone is doing a really bad job in your office, and you replace him with someone who does an even worse job. It doesn't make the decision to sack the first employee wrong.

One bad season, after a title challenging season.

If someone is doing a bad job, you would be looking to hire someone to do a better job, otherwise the whole process is pointless and you should stick with what you had at the time, instead of looking for a new one.

I'd like to see your reaction if we sold Gerrard last summer then replaced him with Bullard, because he was doing a bad job last season, so selling him would've been completely fine and you would've agreed with it a 100%, right?

If someone is doing a really bad job in your office, and you replace him with someone who does an even worse job. It doesn't make the decision to sack the first employee wrong.

The process and the final outcome to find Rafa's replacement was wrong.

Which is all very well if you work in an office and you're looking for someone to deliver the mail - Managing a premiership football team has a much much smaller talent pool to choose from and given the availability of someone who would do a better job it was the wrong decision.

Many on here said that.

The process and the final outcome to find Rafa's replacement was wrong.

If someone in your office is doing a bad job and you are so stupid as to sack him and replace him with someone who has a track record of doing a worse job and he then goes on and does a diabolical job, you need sacking.