You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

High Court Date and Time

bri

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broughton for Honorary Life president? least he's deserved, especially after all the abuse he and Purslow got earlier in the summer.

And who would have thought that there are decent Chelsea fans!!??[/QUOTE]

Woooaaah there - that's taking it a bit too far

Broughton's a Red now whether he likes it or not

Thank you StevieH, atk, simonlfcgreen, SOS, KopFaithful, DougieDoins, RoboRiise and everyone who has joined in the cause. I've been hugely impressed with the effort of the fans and am proud to be a Red.

Apologies to Martin Broughton and Christian Purslow. Whatever I've said in the past these guys have my eternal gratitude.

Christian Purslow today insisted it's "back to business" for Liverpool Football Club after Tom Hicks and George Gillett failed in their bid to change the Board.

This morning's ruling in the High Court means the owners' don't have the power to reconstitute the Board, clearing the way for the Reds to proceed with the sale of the Club.

Speaking after today's hearing inside a packed Court 18, Managing Director Christian Purslow said: "RBS were granted a mandatory injunction which effectively means that the removal of Ian Ayre and myself was not valid and the board is exactly what it was before the Owners sought to do that.

"We are absolutely delighted at this result. We can now get back to the business, as a board, of looking after our football club and that's what we are going to do.

"We will consult with our legal teams and will make further announcements in due course. But it's back to business. "

Purslow: It's back to business - Liverpool FC

Ace.

I still want Purslow out.

Tough one.

I absolutely hated him until a few weeks ago but looks like he was a major part in getting rid of the two cunts. It has now put a little doubt in my mind about him. He is a liar, definitely, but whether he deserves a chance to continue with us, not sure.

I hope the new owners decide the right thing - whether he stays or goes.

I get that, but the fact remains that we, Liverpool are the biggest club in the world, we belong at the top, and should be at the top. Back in the 80's we were winning leagues and champions leagues, and thats what we should be aiming for now, to win leagues and champions leagues.

And we're currently a long long way from where we should be, a long long way from the top, so Im just saying there's a lot to do still.

Suggest you go and get fucked, seems like you need it.

I still want Purslow out.

Yep. He wants to be too involved on the football sides of things. Not to mention all that smoke he was blowing up fans arses. Snake. Get rid.

and isn't it a little premature to be serenading these guys? Broughton appears to have played a blinder, but the time to really judge them will be two or three years down the line when we have a clearer picture of just who exactly they've sold us to.

LFC saved by Chelsea

Its a mad fucked up world in which we live in

I can tell you this for nothing I dont give a shit even if he was an Everton Manc he has done the club proud.

I think we seriously have to think about singing the No History song which I always hated and thought was classless because without Brought we may have had history but no future.

Get in my son

Yep. He wants to be too involved on the football sides of things. Not to mention all that smoke he was blowing up fans arses. Snake. Get rid.

and isn't it a little premature to be serenading these guys? Broughton appears to have played a blinder, but the time to really judge them will be two or three years down the line when we have a clearer picture of just who exactly they've sold us to.

I don't think there's anything wrong with giving credit where it's due, they've done just about all they could in getting the owners out and played it superbly well.

Today is a good day.

So the board stays as it is then? From the Guardian:

11.28am: Martin Broughton outside court: Justice has been done. We will now continue with the sale process. We will have a board meeting tonight and the owners will certainly be invited."

Can't see them going, personally. Will there be a tub of lard and an Elton John lookalike there to sit in silence instead?

Brilliant, brilliant news. Tough morning at work but got a massive grin on my face now!