You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

just why?

fowler9

I'm sat there watching the last 20 minutes of the match and all i can think is just why the hell can't I tear myself away from this club and not give a flying fuck and never watch top flight again when I hate pretty much everything about it.

I hate Skysports, Richard Keys, Andy Gray and all those cocky arse news presenters

I hate the prices in and around the ground

I hate pointless clubs like Bolton

I hate Blackpool making Walcott look anything more than Usain Bolt with a shitter touch

I despise everything about Man Utd (excluding Malcolm Glazer), Man City and Arsenal

I intensely dislike Everton and Chelsea

I hate most teams fans

I hate Mascherano (only if its true he refused to play), Plessis and Iflange

I hate how proper characters like Bellamy and Savage are made out to be villains while fucking nancyboy Ronaldo is treated like a god

I hate Sagna's hair and Arshavin's face

I hate half empty and souless stadiums

I will ejaculate once Hicks and Gillet die

I'm pretty sure I'll end up hating Broughton, Purslow and Ayre once we are sold to some other cunt I'll hate

I hate Michael Owen, Sol Campbell and that neck scarred ugly cunt

I hate the bollockless F.A

I hate most the chants I hear

I hate Yaya fucking Toure getting £210,000 a week

I hate almost everything off the field about our club

I hate losing 3-0 to some shit arse club like City

I hate random billionaires

I hate that I'm writing how many things I hate and that i know there will be plenty more that I miss

I hate monday night games

I hate the Europa League and Carling Cup

I hate that Crouchy can't shag who he likes without the world knowing

I hate at least 2 new kits every season

I hate life and feel like an emo after pathetic results like tonight

All in all I fucking hate top flight football in England

But still I can't just get away from it just because of this one club which is a brilliant one at heart but is pretty much just an embarrassment in almost all areas these days. As some of you may have picked up from past postings of mine LFC are now only my second love to my local non-league side, there used to be nothing between them with me being a Liverpool fan due to family links and I'm one who believes in always supporting your local team and it is much more affordable and i can make every game home and away but over the past few years LFC have taken a backstep in my heart thanks to all the bullshit surrounding the Premier League, none the less nights like tonight still hurt a lot, anyone who thinks I'm being overly dramatic in being so dissillusioned about top flight football believe me its not about results I've seen my side lose 7-1 to fucking Yeovil on a tuesday night and had to go to shitholes such as Prescot Cables and Aldershot and lose but I've still enjoyed every minute and wouldnt change it for the world. Anyway not sure what the whole point in this post is but I'm sure other reds feel the same, I just want proper football back.

That reminded me of a carling lager kind of advert that rant,sadly football as we knew it is dead it wont be back not while the likes of sky pay hundreds of millions of pounds for tv rights which gives clubs massive scope to pay extortionate wages,then you have billionaires who have no affection for any club coming in and playing real life footy manager with our teams (sadly not our club) when they are bored they will fuck off and teams like citeh will go bust never to be seen again (due to wage budgets that cannot be upheld),The reason we cannot tear ourselves away from football is our Love for Liverpool--no matter how pissed off you are with the way the team plays or the manager or the players you still have to check there result and if we've lost your gutted if we've won then your mood lifts and your happy for another week or until the next match.its just one off those things that your learn't from a young age.

Football as we know it is gone. A game for Corporate Schmoozing and the nuevo soccer chic bredren. I long for the bar in the Kop ( Devonshire ) and talking to real fans wherever they where from. My lad has my ST. Long may he reign. And hopefully start paying for it. Been there, good, bad and ugly, cannot muster the oxygen for it.

Not about the winning, more about the contestants.

The more you put in, the more you get out, and loyalty is the founding principle.

In a sense this is true, in another sense it's not true.

We, the fans, are an integral part of what football has become.

We've justified the colossal wages of players, the transfer fees, the relentless advertising and the price of match days because we agree to pay it. If we hadn't paid it, football wouldn't be the way it is. We helped to build the contemporary footballing economy.

But there isn't much else you can do, except give up your interest in the sport you love or only support lower league teams. One person can't make a difference ; a nation of people couldn't either. The players would just go abroad.

It's sad because I would think there are a lot of fans who hate the way football's gone (myself included) but at this moment in time the corporations have successfully mobilized us against our own best interests. It's difficult to see a way out of that.

Good luck wanting football back lad, its gone.

Its better to have loved, and lost, than never loved at all.

So they say anyway

I'm with you, just feel sorry for the youngsters who will never know what it felt like when it was real. I still miss a standing Kop and no scoreboard, and red nets and atmosphere and a stadium not full of cunts.

Do what I do, go see the local team, I go see Leamington Brakes in the Zamereeto League, 500 crowd, their own micro-brewery ale, good fun and you can drink behind the goal for £8.

And they need money, unlike C&A, who can fuck off.

NFL, helps with anger hugely. September 11th on Sky.

I got a blackberry and cos it's american one of the already downloaded thingies on there is MLB.

That was a couple of years ago, I'm obsessed with it now and it says everything about my feelings about the death of football that the Red Sox beating the Mariners, but still not closing the gap on the Rays for the wildcard spot upset me more than losing to Man Sheiky. Although admittedly I fully expected us to lose to the oil-people but my general sadness over what's happened to the game I once loved and my team handed down from grandfather to father to me, the son. Painful.

I know it's a cliche, but I actually use to eat, sleep, breathe football. But not anymore, I still have the slightest of interests but realised years ago there were other sports. Take this summer, Test matches, Wimbledon, The Open, Epsom, Tour de France are merely fillers to the ‘real thing’. Can’t believe how one eyed we’ve become to one sport. There used to be a lull in the summer but not anymore, and it’s not just the red tops. The country is becoming, or has become a one sport nation. Not healthy.

I just want someone, either a journo or a former great pro to say it like it is; " This modern English football is crap" - but of course they're all riding the gravy train. Last week on Talkfootball, Cundy was saying it's better now than ever.....

Football is just a corporate fest and sold out. I blame Sky, Italia90, and Nick Hornby....

I don't have sky this year, never renewed it. Carra's testimonial will be my last ever live game and I feel liberated. I'll still watch streams and match of the day but the game is not getting 1p from me till all these money men fuck off. I appreciate this may never happen and that's fine.

I go and watch my local team play and have a beer.

I havent watched any footie this season not even MOTD. Only found out the result this morning. I havent missed it at all. If it wasnt for the media explosion over footie then I would have only found out the score by coming onto this site. Since the Premier League has started the richest clubs have generally won the league. Exceptions being Arsenal and the Mancs recently but the thoughts of Liverpool acting like a prozzie lifting up her skirt at every passer by just to keep up makes me sick.

At this moment Im looking forward to the cricket and the start of the NFL season. Modern football can go fuck itself.

Guest Captain Jonjo

My enthusiasm for footy is near zero too. Money has killed the sport. I've hardly watched football other then that of Livepool's in the last 1 year or so, didn't even watch the world cup properly as it was so bland, used to love watching MOTD, not anymore. I can understand now why my Dad stopped watching football ages ago. I don't really have any interest in other sports, used to love watching Snooker and BTCC, but can't be arsed these days. BTCC died when supertouring died, and snooker's become bland.

Since the Premier League has started the richest clubs have generally won the league. the thoughts of Liverpool acting like a prozzie lifting up her skirt at every passer by just to keep up.

At this moment Im looking forward to the cricket and the start of the NFL season. Modern football can go fuck itself.

And when I tell you I don't want a new stadium, you'll tell me we need it to "keep up". Others don't want us to win cups this year. Why? The myth it might harm our CL spot/revenue chances, as we need it to "keep up". Everyone complains about money, until they have it. Then the comparisons start.

The joy of football comes from scoring goals, winning games, and winning prizes. Arguments over "net spend", Arab oil budgets, and consolation CL spots are the preserve of directors and boardrooms. We should just stick to enjoying the game.