You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fair points there.

No one's really giving stick to Hodgson for Mascherano, it's just his record isn't even very good away from home anyway, I'm sure someone said it was like 9 wins in 57 away games in the PL , that just isn't good enough.

Plus we could've had Kenny for £2m less, and he understands the clubs financial restrictions and he would instantly command the respect of the players and would get us playing some decent stuff. He's been there and done that, Roy Hodgson hasn't.

Totally agree on Kenny, would have been my choice, and would have given everybody a lift. Also would have been happy, I suspect, keeping the ship going until (??) new owners are found.

We are a mess in every respect and the only thing that matters that, this time next year, I still have a team to watch. If I could get some decent football along the way, so much the better, but I have no expectations whatsoever. As such, not terribly gutted about tonight, awful though it was. We are a Leeds/Portsmouth in the making, so better get used to it.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depressing. Hardly any creativity on the pitch at all. N'gog spends half the time doing sometype of holding the ball up thing until someone takes it off him, Nando spends around as much time on the wings as the players that are supposed to be out there, Lucas looked as bad as I've ever seen him, and I just don't like the way Kuyt plays.

If we don't get some quality replacements in it looks like we're seriously badly fucked this season, and there's no fucking way Roy should be taking all the flak.

Entire team deserves fines and a right royal kicking for that tonight.. but i blame us the fans for all this shit, we have been far too quiet, for far too long. It's time to show real team spirit as an entire club or we deserve to fade away.

Fair point mate! It's easy to be vocal and support a team who are winning all the time!

It's about time the 'best supported club' in England lived up to that tittle

Well apart from Gerrard, the rest are all Rafa's purchases...

Or Carra, but he do you really think he's have played that formation away from home.

Do you really think he's let one of his best passers leave on loan, not even get a fee for it knowing Cole was not avaioable for 3 games?

No I didn't think so.

Always struck me as odd that he suddenly upped and left when C&A hadn't even courted a replacement. They were gonna cut the squad to pay the debt and reduce the wages and he wasn't going to have to sit there and peddle excuses to the media like some tart.

Don't really want to compare the two but if this is the standard of football he's gonna peddle to the fans then C&A have made a huge mistake.

They want the fans to keep coming regardless of the state of the club.

Sorry Mac but thats not gonna happen if this keeps up.

I know its early in the season and everyones a bit raw at the moment but you can't build bricks without straw.

What this match showed is:

4-4-2 = obsolete

man for man marking = obsolete

Woy = ??

I think we would only be an outside chance for the 4th spot, forget about winning the league

I am still optimistic about UEFA spots only because I suspect Villa and the bitters are worse off than us.

I can't believe the level of optimism Roy generated when all we added to our team was a couple of 2 mil players and a couple of Bosmans

On the other hand we loaned out a 20 mil player, and sold Benayoun who nearly guarantees 10 goals a season

Can't wait to see if we sell our other 10 goal a season "midfielder" Dirk Kuyt

Guest TK-421
Sorry to be brutal, but what did you expect? You saw what it was like on here last year; revisionism and an appalling lack of respect are en vogue.

I didn't expect anything less which is why I installed my shiny new avatar today.

Shit start to what will be yet another shit week in the history of LFC. We look like we are playing with a massive hangover. Shows how much we will miss that little fucker Masch when he fucks off. Lucas was no replacement for Alonso and even less Mascherano. Still don't know how he gets in the team. A week left in the transfer market, potless, no investment. Trouble.

Guest TK-421
it's true. the squad just isn't good enough...

We were told the squad was good enough and all it needed was a change of mentality.

We've been really ordinary so far against most teams, and dreadful tonight.

However, I appreciate it's early days and there's plenty of time to turn it around. It's hard to do that, though, with the lack of investment.

Changing the manager without allowing him to implement his own tactics with appropriate player recruitment is a dangerous game to play, in my view.

Guest ShoePiss
Depressing. Hardly any creativity on the pitch at all. N'gog spends half the time doing sometype of holding the ball up thing until someone takes it off him, Nando spends around as much time on the wings as the players that are supposed to be out there, Lucas looked as bad as I've ever seen him, and I just don't like the way Kuyt plays.

If we don't get some quality replacements in it looks like we're seriously badly fucked this season, and there's no fucking way Roy should be taking all the flak.

Well his hands are tied on the transfer front, he won't get any shite from me on that score.

When we have just come in at half time, seen a system provide next to nothing and allow the other team to rip us apart I expect the manager to make a change, not wait until we're 3-0 down before doing so.

He quite rightly should get flak for that.

Adam Johnson and James Milner have destroyed us tonight. 32m for the pair. Obviously a lot of money but when you consider we have spent 18m on a shite luxury right back who we didn't really need, 20m on an Italian crock and 11m on Ryan Babel it is the bargain of the century.

Babel is a good player.

Agree though, we have spunked money left right and centre on shit.

Our position should be a first team of:

Reina

Aurelio

Agger

Carragher

Kelly

Poulsen

Johnson

Gerrard

Cole

Babel

Torres

And the bench can be full of kids.

From there, let the chips fall where they may.

Theres no place for all those salaried , punch clock, cunts that Benitez signed.

We will only get through this with a philosophy of quality not quantity and fuck ALL the cups.

Starting ........now.

Just seen Roys pre match, he reminds me of Frank Spencer.

He's already rattled.

Kenny will be in charge before Xmas.

Players are nowhere near good enough, simple as that. Real quality hasn't been added for 2-3 years and it's starting to tell. Kuyt and Lucas are not good enough, Ngog not yet at least and I stick my neck out and claim that the centre backs aren't good enough either. Jovanovic looks far off the pace as well. With Torres and Gerrard demotivated by the feeling that we're slippin backwards this will be one long season.

Uncle woy got it tactically wrong. AS soon as i saw we were lined up 442 i knew we would get overrun in midfield. It's no coincidence that the big teams in the big matches play 5 in midfield. How the hell were we meant to win the midfield battle. This isn't fulham anymore uncle woy, its liverpool fc.

Shit start to what will be yet another shit week in the history of LFC. We look like we are playing with a massive hangover. Shows how much we will miss that little fucker Masch when he fucks off. Lucas was no replacement for Alonso and even less Mascherano. Still don't know how he gets in the team. A week left in the transfer market, potless, no investment. Trouble.

Lucas fucking Leiva.........I really do despair.

Guest ShoePiss
We were told the squad was good enough and all it needed was a change of mentality.

We've been really ordinary so far against most teams, and dreadful tonight.

However, I appreciate it's early days and there's plenty of time to turn it around. It's hard to do that, though, with the lack of investment.

Changing the manager without allowing him to implement his own tactics with appropriate player recruitment is a dangerous game to play, in my view.

This is it, apparently the squad was good enough last season and we simply needed a better manager who could get the best out of the players.

Now it seems the entire squad is shite.

Can someone please tell me that Hodgy loaning out Aqua to "protect the value of the player" was just a bad dream?

Can someone please tell me why Hodgy is happy with keeping midfielders like Lucas and Kuyt with the same creative, passing and crossing skill as an average BRICK -- while forcing a creative player like Aqua out of the club?

Then, the match.. Erh. We had a couple of good attacks during the first 2 minutes. Then we didn't play for 43. In the 2nd half we went down to 2-0, so we thought "hmm guess we need to attack to get that ball in the net!", so we did, attack... for 5 minutes.

85 min: Jova out, Pacheco in. Pacheco showed more creativity and skill during his 5 minutes on the pitch than what Lucas did during the whole game. Imho. Lucas is so shit I can't find words for it. Why the hell do we keep him? The only thing he can do right is RUN. (Though most people manage to run....methinks.)

We're seriously shit these days. Seriously. We're a shame. We can't pass a ball 10 meters without loosing it, and our wingers (Jova and Kuyt) didn't have a single successful cross or run-past of the City backs. Shit.

My hope now is that we miraculously sign a couple of players during the last week of the transfer window, and that we, when we now start meeting worse teams, pick up a couple wins.