You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If I were Capello

Red Mist

I would end the international careers of the following:

James. Too old and you always gamble with this clown in goal.

Ferdinand. Past his best, a smackhead, always injured, looks and talks like a spaz.

Terry. Massively disruptive influence on the entire squad, slow, past his best, a total cunt and looks like a mong.

Beckham. He still harbours hopes of getting back into the team time to kill them off once and for all. I never saw the wisdom of having him hang around the squad in South Africa, and even sitting in the dugout. Aside from being completely past his best, he remains an egotistical media whore who only seeks publicity to boost his own 'Brand Beckham' image. Such shallow, self-serving interests is hardly what we need after the abject failure of the national team.

Lampard. A perennial disappointment for England. The fact that he has a record number of shots ever taken at a world cup yet still hasn't scored says everything about his (a) glory hunting desperation to score, (b) his shitness in trying to achieve that aim.

Time to ditch the fat cunt.

Heskey. This hardly merits an explanation. He should never have even been an international, the useless donkey.

Owen. This treacherous little cunt is unlikely to ever feature while Capello is in charge anyway, but I hope he makes certain of it and ensures the poisonous toad never again represents England. It brings me great joy knowing Owen will never be England's record goal scorer, as I'm sure he imagined he would be.

Time to start afresh with young, talented, determined players. We can learn fro the Germans by ditching the old guard and place our faith in younger, less egotistical players.

Edited by Red Mist

Ferdinand Terry and Lampard have still got plenty of mileage left, the rest should be shot into space. Nothing coming through though that I can see.

They arent good enough though. Ferdinand is crocked, Terry should be fucked off after his behavior in South Africa and Lampard should be dropped because Gerrard shouldnt be playing our of position to accomodate him.

They arent good enough though. Ferdinand is crocked, Terry should be fucked off after his behavior in South Africa and Lampard should be dropped because Gerrard shouldnt be playing our of position to accomodate him.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter if they are good enough, they are the least crap and happen to be crappiest at different things to each other! As redeeming qualities go, its not much, but its all he has to work with.

Err Rooney is playing in the "number 10 position"

It's all well and good sacking players but unfortunately you have to replace them too. And sad as it is (current form excepting) Terry and Ferdinand are far and away the best CHs england have. They complement each other very, very well.

I think that there are young players out there who can step in and doa good job; the Germans have done it brilliantly. Take for example Muller, who isn't the most technically gifted nor the best player in the German squad but he works brilliantly in the side. Bringing in young players like Adam Johnson and Cahill can be beneficial to England and them as footballers. No England manager since 2000 has been willing to change to the formula, to take the risk of dropping some of the overrated underachieving egos. Now is the time; turn the side from eleven individuals into a team.

I'd drop Terry rather than Ferdinand. Heskey, Owen, Lampard all need to be forever removed from the England setup. As far as replacements are concerned, Johnson can play in Lampard's role, as well as being able to play out on the left. Rodwell is a good player who needs to be blooded into the national side sooner rather than later, and he can play in a variety of positions.

One of the main problems I could forsee is young strikers, there does seem to be a lack of them.

The manager needs to take the risk like the Germans did before 2006.

I think that there are young players out there who can step in and doa good job; the Germans have done it brilliantly. Take for example Muller, who isn't the most technically gifted nor the best player in the German squad but he works brilliantly in the side. Bringing in young players like Adam Johnson and Cahill can be beneficial to England and them as footballers. No England manager since 2000 has been willing to change to the formula, to take the risk of dropping some of the overrated underachieving egos. Now is the time; turn the side from eleven individuals into a team.

I'd drop Terry rather than Ferdinand. Heskey, Owen, Lampard all need to be forever removed from the England setup. As far as replacements are concerned, Johnson can play in Lampard's role, as well as being able to play out on the left. Rodwell is a good player who needs to be blooded into the national side sooner rather than later, and he can play in a variety of positions.

One of the main problems I could forsee is young strikers, there does seem to be a lack of them.

The manager needs to take the risk like the Germans did before 2006.

You could be right. I'm not sure though, Muller may not be fantastic, but I doubt he he has the flaws our youth system seems to let fester. Defence wise, basic stuff like positioning, transition between defence and attack, the ability to switch between sweeper and stopper roles etc all seems to be ignored and left up to experience to address, usually haphazardly and not in a way that is beneficial for the player.

Don't know about Capello, but if I were English football I would be tempted to fuck off anyone from the squad who is unlikely to make the next world cup and say we've got two lots of qualifiers and hopefully one tournament to make a genuine team for the next one. Anyone who doesn't give 100% for the team on the pitch in that time will be dropped. I think Germany show the value of the team ethic over individual style or talent. That's the model to follow.

Don't know about Capello, but if I were English football I would be tempted to fuck off anyone from the squad who is unlikely to make the next world cup and say we've got two lots of qualifiers and hopefully one tournament to make a genuine team for the next one. Anyone who doesn't give 100% for the team on the pitch in that time will be dropped. I think Germany show the value of the team ethic over individual style or talent. That's the model to follow.

My thoughts exactly. The way forward for England is right there in the form of Germany. Focus on the team rather than individuals. And I also agree on dropping anybody who won't make 2014.

My thoughts exactly. The way forward for England is right there in the form of Germany. Focus on the team rather than individuals. And I also agree on dropping anybody who won't make 2014.

English players don't like that shit though. It was a key principle of Benitez's philosophy and how did the english players react? One orchestrated a press campaign to undermine the manager to get himself moved to where he wanted to play and the other one refused outright to play where the team needed him to play.

Cast your gaze a little wider and you'll hear Joe Cole telling the world, he'll play for a manager who'll play him where he wants to play, not where makes most sense for the team.

It'll be a tough transition to make, especially given how keen the press are to undermine the authority of any manager who makes the decision to put the team ahead of an individual and who hasn't won 100 trophies.

playing 4-5-1 would accomodate all our best players in there best positions

only question for debate is whether Barry and Carrick/Milner should both be the 'holding' mids with Gerrard, Lampard and Joe Cole ahead of them and Rooney as the lone striker

or whether Barry and Lampard as 'holding' mids leaving Milner/Lennon right flank, Joe Cole left and Gerrard behind Rooney

still fucks me off the Capello didn't try 4-5-1 and insisted on 4-4-2- with Heskey to start and the Defoe

Unfortunately it doesn't matter if they are good enough, they are the least crap and happen to be crappiest at different things to each other! As redeeming qualities go, its not much, but its all he has to work with.

You dont know until you've tried them though Speedy. They might not be the best individuals but they might gel into a team.

I would end the international careers of the following:

James. Too old and you always gamble with this clown in goal.

Ferdinand. Past his best, a smackhead, always injured, looks and talks like a spaz.

Terry. Massively disruptive influence on the entire squad, slow, past his best, a total cunt and looks like a mong.

Beckham. He still harbours hopes of getting back into the team time to kill them off once and for all. I never saw the wisdom of having him hang around the squad in South Africa, and even sitting in the dugout. Aside from being completely past his best, he remains an egotistical media whore who only seeks publicity to boost his own 'Brand Beckham' image. Such shallow, self-serving interests is hardly what we need after the abject failure of the national team.

Lampard. A perennial disappointment for England. The fact that he has a record number of shots ever taken at a world cup yet still hasn't scored says everything about his (a) glory hunting desperation to score, (b) his shitness in trying to achieve that aim.

Time to ditch the fat cunt.

Heskey. This hardly merits an explanation. He should never have even been an international, the useless donkey.

Owen. This treacherous little cunt is unlikely to ever feature while Capello is in charge anyway, but I hope he makes certain of it and ensures the poisonous toad never again represents England. It brings me great joy knowing Owen will never be England's record goal scorer, as I'm sure he imagined he would be.

Time to start afresh with young, talented, determined players. We can learn fro the Germans by ditching the old guard and place our faith in younger, less egotistical players.

Who would you replace these players with? Especially the CBs. If they are the best, then they are the best no matter the size of their egos.

That said, Beckham, Owen, Heskey and James are probably finished anyway.

The problems are generally easy to come by, the solutions tougher.