You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

one week today

gazelle

and im off jaunting round the globe - lucky lucky me!!!!

I'm sat at my desk at work - on a Saturday looking at all these other sorry miserable looking fuckers with the smuggest of smug grins on my face! Can not believe the day has finally arrived! Ive missed a lot of the TLW gossip in the last year but i will now have endless amounts of time on my hands to get reacquainted!

Jammy sod.

Did it myself for 18 months 4 years ago. Quite simply the best thing you'll ever do.

Whats the plan? Usual S.E. Asia through Australia, NZ, Fiji onto USA or a bit of South America and Africa too?

Thats pretty much it! But the other way round... start in the States for 6 weeks - New York to Miami - then I fly to Brazil and have 3 months to get to Chile for my flight to NZ then onwards to Oz and S E Asia, Hong Kong then home...

so excited i could pee my pants!

and fu*k it ill even treat you to a topless shot at some point!! promise! well maybe not - ill pm you one pig!

Thats pretty much it! But the other way round... start in the States for 6 weeks - New York to Miami - then I fly to Brazil and have 3 months to get to Chile for my flight to NZ then onwards to Oz and S E Asia, Hong Kong then home...

so excited i could pee my pants!

and fu*k it ill even treat you to a topless shot at some point!! promise! well maybe not - ill pm you one pig!

I imagine the trip is all but planned by now but i'd highly reccommend the west coast of the US if your gonna be over there for 6 weeks like. New York to Miami wont take that long unless your visiting family etc. San Francisco, LA, Hollywood, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, San Diego and everything inbetween is an unreal experience. I did the lot in just over 3 weeks and was easily one of the best bits of the whole trip. By finishing in San Diego - you'll be on the Mexican border - so its another country you could tick off - and a flight onto Brazil from Mexico City should be cheap enough.

I imagine the trip is all but planned by now but i'd highly reccommend the west coast of the US if your gonna be over there for 6 weeks like. New York to Miami wont take that long unless your visiting family etc. San Francisco, LA, Hollywood, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, San Diego and everything inbetween is an unreal experience. I did the lot in just over 3 weeks and was easily one of the best bits of the whole trip. By finishing in San Diego - you'll be on the Mexican border - so its another country you could tick off - and a flight onto Brazil from Mexico City should be cheap enough.

Not this time! i'm just doing the East Coast, i have loads i want to do and just think the West Coast will require additional flights and stuff which i really cant afford. All my flights are paid for, i can however play with the dates if i like, but believe me mate - i have taylored this trip to exactly what i want - so im cool with missing out Vegas ect.. i have come to terms with it!

Jericoacoara Beach - Ceara state, Brazil - looks amazing!

Fair Do's. Florida is an amazing place so its not like your not gonna have plenty to do when you get to Miami.

Jealous much!

I have only booked a hostel in NY and Miami - pretty much winging the 4 weeks inbetween - i love the whole mystery of it all - i went through a phase of bricking it a bit as im doing it on my own as a bird (well my mate is coming to NY with me but thats it) but now i feel totally ready..

I remember thinking god how the fuck will i survive moving back in with my mother at 28, but that all seems so minor now! although it wasn't easy!

I have only booked a hostel in NY and Miami - pretty much winging the 4 weeks inbetween - i love the whole mystery of it all - i went through a phase of bricking it a bit as im doing it on my own as a bird (well my mate is coming to NY with me but thats it) but now i feel totally ready..

I remember thinking god how the fuck will i survive moving back in with my mother at 28, but that all seems so minor now! although it wasn't easy!

ush-batesmotel-us.jpg

Have fun gazelle...

I am in no way jealous at all. No sireeeee Bob...

Its daunting alright, i did it alone also - and it might add a bit of extra fear, the fact your female but i think that weigh's in your favour a bit. Single female travellers never spend any time alone. Other single female travellers or small groups or single male travellers will always take you under your wing. Its harder for blokes - as if your on your own and you approach women (either single or in a group) its always as if you wanna cop off with them.

There's always someone about with a story to tell and being on your own forces you to get out there and mingle - whereas people who go off in 2's or 3's tend to stay in their group. Its the way to go backpacking IMO, i had the most amazing time knowing if i got bored of a place i could just up and leave without consulting anyone, but also tagging along if you meet people who suggest doing something which you hadn't thought of.

Prepare yourself for the most incredible period of your life. And no matter how good you think its gonna be - its gonna be far better.

And i echo the pig. Topless or it didn't happen! haha!

That sounds ace. How much is it costing you if you dont mind me asking? And how long are you planning to do it for? Are you just gonna book flights to different places whuile your travelling? I dont understand how these things work. Cheers

melons the tent is sitting in my bloody kitchen waiting to be sent back!! way too big!!! haha - nightmare!!

Ginny - my flights came to around £2400 which i have already paid for and planned... plus about £200 insurance. I go for a year, i have managed to save a tidy little sum but i will defo have to get work where i can..

had my leaving party/footy last night - wounded today!!

melons the tent is sitting in my bloody kitchen waiting to be sent back!! way too big!!! haha - nightmare!!

Ginny - my flights came to around £2400 which i have already paid for and planned... plus about £200 insurance. I go for a year, i have managed to save a tidy little sum but i will defo have to get work where i can..

had my leaving party/footy last night - wounded today!!

Good on you. Hope you have an amazing time. Makes sure you let us know how your getting on

haha, you div, i did mention to measure the area out first, i think i mentioned it several times, even suggested rolling a blanket or something to the size the site said! Quality.

Hope you're feeling better this evening missus, x x x

haha, you div, i did mention to measure the area out first, i think i mentioned it several times, even suggested rolling a blanket or something to the size the site said! Quality.

Hope you're feeling better this evening missus, x x x

yeah i know - its ridicoulously BIG! in the grand scheme of things its cool - im just gonna go buy the one i saw in blacks this week and send the other one back.. your right though im a tool!

Penultimate day at work!!