You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Truce

TaksimRakiClub

We've got two big games coming up at Anfield this week in case it had escaped anyone's notice.

Another European semi-final and a point required against a very good Chelsea side to ensure we have European football again next season.

Hopefully the sun's shining all week. I'm going to have a few bevvies Thursday, maybe take in some tapas in La Vina with a couple of cold San Miguels to wash em down.

Similar story for Sunday with the bank holiday to recover.

I'm not going to Hull - I went the cup game there in 89 and you'd have to fire me out of a cannon to get me back to that shithole so if the result against Atletico doesn't go our way my season ends Sunday.

Any chance we could call a temporary truce on the endless arguments about the Yank cunts/ownership/pro Benitez/anti Benitez/Juve/Mourinho/Stevie to Spain/pro Acquilani/He's a boss eyed Roman twat/Maxi's shite/Maxi's boss Lucas/Lucas/Fucking Lucas etc etc....We can't even agree on whether or not we want to beat Chelsea for Christ's sake.

Can't we just enjoy the build up to the weekend, savour the prospect of a couple of decent games and talk about football? After all we're all on the same side aren't we?

Granted its been a never ending horror of a season and only the prospect of going to Hamburg is currently keeping me sane but we've got all summer to talk about the shite that currently surrounds our beloved club. Or at least we will have once England are out the World Cup.

Just a thought like.

What would be nice is if those teams challenging for 4th place cancel each other out in their games, while both Chelsea and ManU lose next weekend. We would not only probably sneak ahead on points (or maybe level with one of the challengers, but with superior goal difference), but Chelsea would remain in front with one game to play. Given their home form, they could also tonk Wigan to grab the title. If we manage to then tonk Hull, we would really have pulled a rabbit out of the hat. This is by far the ideal scenario over the next fortnight. That and getting past Atletico of course!