You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Manc Derby

Fowlers God

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PurpleNose
Sorry the positive things of our future hinges on 4th. We will still have a future yeah- Check out Leeds, Southampton, Newcastle, etc

If we finish 5th we'll definately do a Leeds.

I can't believe people believe we'll finish 4th or even have a chance of finishing 4th.

I'd utterly given up until I checked this a bit ago :

Barclays Premier League

Man City v Man Utd, 12:45

Saturday, 24 April 2010

Barclays Premier League

Arsenal v Man City, 17:30

Saturday, 1 May 2010

Barclays Premier League

Man City v Aston Villa, 15:00

Wednesday, 5 May 2010

Barclays Premier League

Man City v Tottenham, 20:00

Sunday, 9 May 2010

Barclays Premier League

West Ham v Man City, 15:00

It's man city.

No matter what we still need to hold onto 4th and keep playing for it until it is mathmaticly possible. You dont see any one in a relegation battle giving up but the teams in front may not lose their games. Fucking bollocks to all the people who want City to win just to stop the mancs from winning again, Surely the future of our club is more important than any bragging rights with the mancs. The future of our club at the moment hinges on 4th. Not because thats the position we want to finish but its the lowest position available to us to bring the correct amount of money and footballing credidentials that CL foorball brings. FFS all you twats that think otherwise. Negged to everyone who said a city win. And While I am at it a neg to any one who wrote Citeh!

You are a mental.

Well yeah, but the Fulham game was basically us under a lot of pressure with no room to fuck up aswell, and look what happened. I wouldn't hold out much hope of 4th anymore. And if Torres has gone for the rest of the season I'm not holding out for anything personally. If Rafa leaves and looks back at what went wrong, he probably needs to look no further than no striker in the last window, as simple as it sounds.

N'gog has had far too much pressure placed on him by the looks of it.

Agree about the Ngog part and I'd rather like to see Dirk play up front for the rest of the season because at least he can get the goals we need. Plus it will mean we have to use more of our creative players. If Kuyt had started yesterday I think we could have beaten Fulham.

Guest The Chimp
No matter what we still need to hold onto 4th and keep playing for it until it is mathmaticly possible. You dont see any one in a relegation battle giving up but the teams in front may not lose their games. Fucking bollocks to all the people who want City to win just to stop the mancs from winning again, Surely the future of our club is more important than any bragging rights with the mancs. The future of our club at the moment hinges on 4th. Not because thats the position we want to finish but its the lowest position available to us to bring the correct amount of money and footballing credidentials that CL foorball brings. FFS all you twats that think otherwise. Negged to everyone who said a city win. And While I am at it a neg to any one who wrote Citeh!

Cheers for the neg - it's cos I said you should garrotte your Mrs isn't it? :whoops:

All joking aside, I've no confidence in winning our remaining games without Torres to be honest. Plus, how could anyone ever want those cunts from Salford to win even as much as the coin toss is beyond me. Still, opinions and all that. . . Indeed I've actually repped you - just to prove I'm a nice monkey, but please less of the twat comments eh? Save that for those who actually deserve it. Like the aforementioned lot from Salford and their disguisting fans.

Manchester City may have gagged Carlos Tévez in the hope of averting another war of words before a potentially explosive derby on Saturday, but it was only ever going to be a matter of time before the mudslinging resumed between two increasingly bitter local rivals.

Rio Ferdinand became the first to throw the verbal hand grenades yesterday when the Manchester United defender accused Tévez, the City striker, of not pulling his weight in training during his two years at Old Trafford.

If tensions were not already running high enough before a game that could effectively end United’s Barclays Premier League title hopes at the same time as strengthening City’s pursuit of Champions League qualification, they will be now.

Tévez has scored 28 goals for City this season since arriving in a £47 million deal last summer, but despite being renowned for his commitment and endeavour, Ferdinand painted the picture of a player who, at United, would ease off in training to conserve his energy for matches.

Having reacted to Gary Neville’s claims that he was overpriced before the Carling Cup semi-final in January by branding the United captain a “boot-licking moron”, Tévez may struggle to keep his own counsel after the latest remarks from Ferdinand, despite City’s insistence that he conduct no interviews this week.

“Carlos is an interesting character,” Ferdinand said. “When he was at United, he saved all his energy for games — he didn’t really go over the top at training. He’d do his work in the gym — he was professional in that sense — but everything he did was geared towards the match at the weekend.

“That’s not the way I operate. I have to train at a high level every day. But it works for Carlos.”

The FA hopes that the fourth meeting between the clubs this season will pass without incident, although Greater Manchester Police, who made dozens of arrests over the course of the two-legged Carling Cup semi-final as well as confiscating missiles from United fans, will again adopt a zero tolerance approach to troublemakers.

Cheers for the neg - it's cos I said you should garrotte your Mrs isn't it? :whoops:

All joking aside, I've no confidence in winning our remaining games without Torres to be honest. Plus, how could anyone ever want those cunts from Salford to win even as much as the coin toss is beyond me. Still, opinions and all that. . . Indeed I've actually repped you - just to prove I'm a nice monkey, but please less of the twat comments eh? Save that for those who actually deserve it. Like the aforementioned lot from Salford and their disguisting fans.

The comment that was made was that of a twat, but yes oppinions and all that, Its lonely out here holding onto 4th all by myself, and therefore got a bit irrational and angry.

I love you too Chimp.

Looking forward to this, which is weird because it's the first PL match we haven't played in that I've been half bothered about I think. Maybe it's partly because the levels of drama could be insane, but it could also be because utd will definitely get a game and that happens far too rarely.