You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Donations from the OBAHK/MYMK good causes fund

Guest Peter_Evo

Guest Peter_Evo

A top Red and very good friend of mine of many years standing, Colin Ball, recently lost his Mother to cancer. Colin's Mum's last few precious weeks were made infinitely easier for her and her family by the good people at Queenscourt Hospice, Southport. In appreciation of their efforts I sent them a cheque for £50 from the OBAHK/MYMK good causes fund. Like many other Hospices Queenscourt is desperately short of funds. It costs £3,500 per day just to keep the doors open at Queenscourt; less than half of that money is provided by Government funding.

You might remember that mine and everybody else's very good friend Cherith from .tv recently did a sponsored sleepover at a haunted house in aid of Childline . Cherith and her friends raised a massive amount of money. I think maybe if Cherith had actually haunted the house herself they might have raised a lot more but that's another (ghost) story! :-) As well as the £20 I promised Cherith in sponsorship I also added a cheque for £50 from the OBAHK/MYMK good causes fund in appreciation not only of Cherith and co's brilliant efforts but also of the sterling work Childline do on a day to day basis. Childline, like Queenscourt is in desperate need of funds.

I know the good people of this Forum already contribute greatly to such worthy causes as the HJC and Zoe's Place Baby Hospice but please also bear Queenscourt and Childline in mind should you ever have a few bob to spare. Every little helps. The addresses are:

QUEENSCOURT HOSPICE

TOWN LANE

KEW

SOUTHPORT

CHILDLINE

69 ANFIELD ROAD

LIVERPOOL

L4

Thankyou.

Evo.