You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So he ran forward, set up Ngog perfectly for us to win the game and he gets slammed for not following up? Maybe Rafa told him to stay deep? You really think Rafa would be happy to see one of our 'set in' MF in their box at 95 mins? Bit harsh if you ask me. MOM for an all round performance and showed Scholes how finished he is (thank fuck).

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was fantastic yesterday, and I don't just mean fantastic compared to usual, I mean by anyone's standards, he had a great game. Him and Mascherano were always pressing, were aggressive and both used the ball well for the most part. Lucas got forward a lot more than usual, which seems to be his natural game. Hope he can put in a few more performances like that, and show the same sort of energy and aggression as he did yesterday.

The way he outmuscled Scholes to create the 3-on-2 was fucking brilliant. Kuyt was wasteful, though.

I don't fault Kuyt for that one; I think the pass should've been ahead of Kuyt so he didn't have to break his stride to control it. Late in the game, Lucas also got outmuscled with ease by Nani, so it wasn't all peaches.

Still, he deserved all the accolades he's got for this game. Best performance in a red shirt from him as far as I'm concerned; he's definitely improved a great deal this season. Hopefully he'll keep churning performances like this one on a more consistent basis.

Edited by grandrake
grammatical error

So he ran forward, set up Ngog perfectly for us to win the game and he gets slammed for not following up? Maybe Rafa told him to stay deep? You really think Rafa would be happy to see one of our 'set in' MF in their box at 95 mins? Bit harsh if you ask me. MOM for an all round performance and showed Scholes how finished he is (thank fuck).

Scholes was the best player in the first half, but that was it; they are too reliant on ageing stars like him, VDS, Plug and Giggs

And let's not get carried away with Lucas, please.

I don't think I can take another season when we get people harping on about his "Man Of The Match display against the Mancs", because, for a start, he wasn't.

It's amazing that when does play to an acceptable level for a Liverpool midfielder, his apologists cum so hard we end up riding a tidal wave of spunk across the internet for weeks afterwards.

Let's not forget how largely dismal Lucas has been so far this season, in numerous fucking awful displays against Lyon, Fiorentina, Villa, Spurs, Chelsea and Sunderland.

In fact, for the stats fans, his Liverpool career looks like this:

50% - dogshit

49% - passenger

1% - decent game

Off a Manc forum

I'm bumping this mainly to refresh my jinx but also to point out Lucas - the dirty, yet bizarrely unbookable, wee shit - has played a massive part in owning our central midfield the last two times he came up against us.

He's no Alonso - and Liverpool will continue to rue the loss of his creativity and range of passing - but he's industrious, aggressive, reliable with his passing, has a fantastic engine and supports the strikers as effectively as he tracks back to help his defence. You could definitely make a case for him being a more natural replacement for Fletcher - badly missed AGAIN yesterday - than anyone in our current squad.

Lucas is good at what he's expected, pressure players and make Liverpool click.Like you said what impresses me the most when I compare with Anderson it's his incredible stamina levels.
I knew it, I knew a day would come when our enemies would fear the mighty Lucas, long may they tremble at the mere mention of his name. Also those fuckwits seem to have convinced themselves that Fletcher is some sort of a Rijkaard/Souness hybrid, and that they lost due to him not playing, shouldn't be surprised I suppose, after all the muppets do genuinely believe that Carrick is as good as Alonso.

Scholes was the best player in the first half, but that was it; they are too reliant on ageing stars like him, VDS, Plug and Giggs

I don't think I can take another season when we get people harping on about his "Man Of The Match display against the Mancs", because, for a start, he wasn't.

It's amazing that when does play to an acceptable level for a Liverpool midfielder, his apologists cum so hard we end up riding a tidal wave of spunk across the internet for weeks afterwards.

Let's not forget how largely dismal Lucas has been so far this season, in numerous fucking awful displays against Lyon, Fiorentina, Villa, Spurs, Chelsea and Sunderland.

50% - dogshit

49% - passenger

1% - decent game

Tedious. To be expected of you i guess, was wondering how long it would take you to start up with your usual shit. You didn't call him a cunt though, so I guess that's a start.

He didn't have an 'acceptable' game, he played very well. He was harrying them cunts right from the off and he never stopped runninng, the sprint upfield in the 95th to set up our goal pretty musch summed up his performance today.

Please don't dwell on that point, because it simply highlights that he doesn't pass forwards often enough, or create chances, and the only time he did get an assist this season was in the 95th minute, against 10 men, when they had all their players in our half pushing for an equaliser.

I don't wish to denigrate his performance yesterday - he wasn't shit by any means - but I feel I must react to the overflow of "told you so/ keep it up/ this is the player he can be" bollocks, because for the most part this season he has been frankly appalling.

Please don't dwell on that point, because it simply highlights that he doesn't pass forwards often enough, or create chances, and the only time he did get an assist this season was in the 95th minute, against 10 men, when they had all their players in our half pushing for an equaliser.

I don't wish to denigrate his performance yesterday - he wasn't shit by any means - but I feel I must react to the overflow of "told you so/ keep it up/ this is the player he can be" bollocks, because for the most part this season he has been frankly appalling.

I meant it more along the lines of him still having the legs to make that run after 95 minutes of football, and I think I'll leave it here, this has been done to death.

50% - dogshit

49% - passenger

1% - decent game

If one wishes to take your example in making a point, one might state that your posts about Lucas are:

50% - dogshit

49% - pointless

1% - decent post

50% - dogshit

49% - passenger

1% - decent game

Brendan, why not praise him when he has a great game? At least you havent called him a cunt yet. Yes, he's been disappointing for most games and yes he isn't the answer. At least have some balance when he plays well.

He's had about 3 good games this season actually but you could say the same for most of our players. Keep highlighting him though if it makes you feel better. In fact we could do a 11

Reina

Johnson (Code)

Carra (RedNick)

Agger (Tom)

Aurelio

Masch (Hermes)

Lucas (Silverlining)

Gerrard (Donaldson)

Kuyt (Stringvest)

Riera

Ngog

Feel free to fill in the gaps.

Brendan, why not praise him when he has a great game? At least you havent called him a cunt yet. Yes, he's been disappointing for most games and yes he isn't the answer. At least have some balance when he plays well.

He's had about 3 good games this season actually but you could say the same for most of our players. Keep highlighting him though if it makes you feel better. In fact we could do a 11

Reina

Johnson (Code)

Carra (RedNick)

Agger (Tom)

Aurelio

Masch (Hermes)

Lucas (Silverlining)

Gerrard (Donaldson)

Kuyt (Stringvest)

Riera

Ngog

Is that why you've changed your avatar?! You ditcher, you!

Reina

Johnson (Code)

Carra (RedNick)

Agger (Tom)

Aurelio

Masch (Hermes)

Lucas (Silverlining)

Gerrard (Donaldson)

Kuyt (Stringvest)

Riera

Ngog

That Donaldson cunt is deffo Carra

And I'm beginning to dislike Insua a LOT.

I like the way you turned that back on me. Very cunning.

What baffles me is that people criticize so much players like Lucas and Kuyt who do exactly what most of the supporters want in general of the players, work damn hard, never give up even though being criticized heavily, and improve year after year. Just imagine Babel with that kind of attitude, he would be a monster.

These players give others the chance to shine, and they are needed in every team. Ours would be much poorer without them. This is becoming clearer every day.