You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

14 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

I love non meat dishes. 

Just don’t see the point in fake meat. 

Some people yearn for the meaty taste and/or texture but don't want an animal to die for it. 

However, having never eaten meat I am mostly not that bothered about replacements. The exception being veggie sausages which I do enjoy. 

Some tell me there is no difference between quorn Mince and the real thing, ditto quorn nuggets, others will shit on your pillow over such a stance. Both taste OK to me but I can take or leave it anyway. 

Surely in an ideal world everyone would prefer a synthetic or whatever style of replacement over an animal dying? 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Some people yearn for the meaty taste and/or texture but don't want an animal to die for it. 

However, having never eaten meat I am mostly not that bothered about replacements. The exception being veggie sausages which I do enjoy. 

Some tell me there is no difference between quorn Mince and the real thing, ditto quorn nuggets, others will shit on your pillow over such a stance. Both taste OK to me but I can take or leave it anyway. 

Surely in an ideal world everyone would prefer a synthetic or whatever style of replacement over an animal dying? 

200.gif

50 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Personally, no.

obviously I’m not here celebrating animal death, and I do try and reduce my meat intake (especially red meat) compared to where it was a few years ago, but that is not to avoid the death animal.

I want good animal welfare standards and don’t want them to suffer significantly, but the death of the animal doesn’t factor much if at all for me. Might sound callous but it’s the truth.

I’ll trend further towards eating less meat over the next 2-5 years I’m sure of it, but I can’t see a point where I entirely remove it from my diet, and don’t think that would change if the “synthetic alternative” was a genuine option.

I did say to my other half that I could happily move to veggie burgers and sausages at barbecues, and while I haven’t, that’s because of habit and I should make more effort, but chicken will forever be something I eat, I’m sure. Most likely so will pork.

7 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Personally, no.

obviously I’m not here celebrating animal death, and I do try and reduce my meat intake (especially red meat) compared to where it was a few years ago, but that is not to avoid the death animal.

I want good animal welfare standards and don’t want them to suffer significantly, but the death of the animal doesn’t factor much if at all for me. Might sound callous but it’s the truth.

I’ll trend further towards eating less meat over the next 2-5 years I’m sure of it, but I can’t see a point where I entirely remove it from my diet, and don’t think that would change if the “synthetic alternative” was a genuine option.

I did say to my other half that I could happily move to veggie burgers and sausages at barbecues, and while I haven’t, that’s because of habit and I should make more effort, but chicken will forever be something I eat, I’m sure. Most likely so will pork.

Personally I think it's all a bit moot. There isn't an option that's exactly the same. There are plenty of options out there that are similar enough for some. But right now I think it's all a bit hypothetical. But when some of these lab grown meats come to market and if they're as good, would you really choose them over real chicken/pork? I don't know because I don't know what it will look like. But if I can buy chicken breast with from a dead bird or a petri dish and it tastes the same, I see no reason not to pick the petri version. 

Right now I eat virtually none of that kind of thing as I think it's crap. I recently had a Gregg's vegan sausage role which was kind of ok, but I don't really eat meat ones, it was more an experiment to see what it was like, so pugs haven't really won that battle. 

Belarus is correct.

The beans on a breakfast is one thing but the ‘no beans at all’ brigade need locking up. 

Toast on a plate, decent. Add beans, quality.

Fish fingers and chips, something's missing. Add beans, a balanced meal. 

Jacket potato, a healthy yet boring option. Add beans, now you’re talking. 

Sex with the wife, routine. Add beans, the mind is blown. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Belarus is correct.

The beans on a breakfast is one thing but the ‘no beans at all’ brigade need locking up. 

Toast on a plate, decent. Add beans, quality.

Fish fingers and chips, something's missing. Add beans, a balanced meal. 

Jacket potato, a healthy yet boring option. Add beans, now you’re talking. 

Sex with the wife, routine. Add beans, the mind is blown. 

Beans with toast, yeah whatever. Get some lovely cheese and #binthebeans.

Fish fingers and chips - somethings missing. Yes, an adult.

Beans are not even in the top 10 for a jacket.

What you do in your home is your business. It would appear to be non consensual however. So, worrisome at the least.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Beans are not even in the top 10 for a jacket.

This probably says more about me, but I can’t even think of 10 toppings, including butter, for a baked spud.

Beans

Cheese

Butter

Tuna and sweetcorn

Tuna mayo

Cheese and beans

Chilli / bolognese

That shredded chicken in a creamy sauce stuff out of a tin

Marg

If I had to pick only one of them for the rest of my life, it’s butter, followed by cheese and beans (if I had to choose out of the 2 it’s beans), then that chicken in a tin, then tuna Mayo sweetcorn

11 minutes ago, belarus said:

This probably says more about me, but I can’t even think of 10 toppings, including butter, for a baked spud.

Beans

Cheese

Butter

Tuna and sweetcorn

Tuna mayo

Cheese and beans

Chilli / bolognese

That shredded chicken in a creamy sauce stuff out of a tin

Marg

If I had to pick only one of them for the rest of my life, it’s butter, followed by cheese and beans (if I had to choose out of the 2 it’s beans), then that chicken in a tin, then tuna Mayo sweetcorn

You have missed the most obvious  - bacon.

Butter

Sour Cream

Bacon

Cheddar Cheese

Blue Cheese

Broccoli

Pesto

Spinach or Artichoke dip

Chili - fair play - Texas style, no beans

Chives and sage

5 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

A jacket potato, with broccoli atop. By choice? As a full meal? 

It’s no wonder the US lost the war of independence to Blighty if that’s what they were serving up. 

Broc and cheese - wonderful.

This is before you get into the second tier fillings of say a mushroom w cream sauce, or shrimp scampi, or a lovely scoop of pulled pork.

8 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Absolutely wild, he actually wrote chicken in  a ‘creamy sauce stuff out of atin’ (Sic) is on his list of favourite things! 

That’s up there with the guy who admitted shagging a postman pat stuffed toy to get his rocks off as revelations go.

Mind blown.

You’ve added the error in there mate - wasn’t on my original post. 

I’ve known of fairer nazi wartime journalists spreading less offensive propaganda than adding in and highlighting a written mistake. Reprehensible.

In my defence, the product actually says “chicken in white sauce”. As vague as can be, so be sure to pop that in your boyfriend’s crack pipe and smoke it.

62B4BE03-BB6A-4B49-BDFB-D486C6E45DA8.jpeg

• Upvote 1