You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Less Than Fucking Chuffed

TaksimRakiClub

Stop going the match? Are you serious?

Have had to jib 5 a-side cos me legs are knackered if I stop going the match as well the social life has totally fucking gone - sad but true - I have very limited horizons. Most of my best mates are match goers - I do have one that sits in the Bullens but we don't mention him in company.

Its not just the match is it - its the craic pre and post match - its the rush from beating that shite from down the Lancs - its sitting off enjoying a cold one in a far foreign bar the night before a big one when the rest of the world is working.

I think they'll still be carting me the game when I'm in me wooden box.

Have had to jib 5 a-side cos me legs are knackered if I stop going the match as well the social life has totally fucking gone - sad but true - I have very limited horizons. Most of my best mates are match goers - I do have one that sits in the Bullens but we don't mention him in company.

Its not just the match is it - its the craic pre and post match - its the rush from beating that shite from down the Lancs - its sitting off enjoying a cold one in a far foreign bar the night before a big one when the rest of the world is working.

that pretty much sums up why i still go.

Great post that mate. I hate this "just stop going the match" shite, should we just give up our identity completely and let the thomas cook crew take over.

You can do all that without the match, just replace going into the ground and being surrounded by day tripping whoopers with watching it on the TV with your mates while enjoying a cold one.

Stop going to the match. It's not anywhere near as hard as you think it will be.

That's what I did after the fiasco of Athens and Rick's numbers game. After 22 years loyal season ticket service I fucked mine off to my little cousin last season for a year on the insistence I had first option for this season.

I never took up that option and don't regret it, especially when I read posts threads like this.

I've been offered tickets for games but I'd be contradicting myself when I said I'd never step foot back inside the ground while those two and Parry were still there. One down, two to go.

Boo Boo I have the utmost respect for the stand you've taken.Those two pricks and Parry are not fit to be associated with the Club and thank God the clown has been fucked off.

And don't get me started on Moores - History will judge his tenure as chairman as being catastrophic for the Club. To think that we've sunk from Sir John Smith and Peter Robinson running the finest club in Europe on and off the field to the state of things under our current custodians is absolutely heartbreaking.

Part of the problem in walking away is in the back of my mind I think I might actually enjoy it - and that thought absolutely terrifies me.

I can see future saturday afternoons - Mrs TRC says what are you going to do this afternoon dear. I think I might pop down to B&Q says I - and then if it brightens up I might do a spot of gardening. Fuck that - I don't want normality if thats it.

So I'm afraid its the three ring circus that is LFC for me for the foreseeable. Even with all its ills it still beats everything else in life by a country mile.

Part of the problem in walking away is in the back of my mind I think I might actually enjoy it - and that thought absolutely terrifies me.

I can see future saturday afternoons - Mrs TRC says what are you going to do this afternoon dear. I think I might pop down to B&Q says I - and then if it brightens up I might do a spot of gardening. Fuck that - I don't want normality if thats it.

So I'm afraid its the three ring circus that is LFC for me for the foreseeable. Even with all its ills it still beats everything else in life by a country mile.

know what you mean. My brother in law is an ex united season ticket holder (the cunt) and he gave his ticket up for these sorts of reasons. I don't know how he did it. I think if I stopped going I would end up giving up on football full stop.

That's what I did after the fiasco of Athens and Rick's numbers game.

All of my lot with the expection of myself did the exact same. We had 4 season tickets, 3 were passed on and my uncle threw his at the ticket office window after the Charlton game which was the last league game of that season at home. He was really pissed off because we had been done in relation to aways (e.g. Our last game against Arsenal at Highbury when tickets didnt even go on sale to sth and the first league game at Reading when the same happened) before.

I kept going until last season but after the Everton cup home game last season, I decided that it was time to give it up. The option to take one or more of the season tickets back is given to me at the start of every season but I dont take it up. When I gave up going, I thought it was going to leave a massive void in my life but I was amazed how easy it actually was. Reading threads like this reminds me of how sh1t the ticket office really is/was.

• 2 months later...

Update on this issue for anyone interested - may be of particular interest to Kemlyn season ticket holders who are moved for European games:

Anyway - I wrote a long letter of complaint to the club which was (eventually) passed on to a Rachel O'Connell who administers the Auto Cup Scheme.

To cut a long story short she was apologetic in the extreme (apparently UEFA request specific seats due to their proximity to lounges etc and can return them unused 24 hours prior to kick off) and I have been relocated - along with my 2 mates - for Fiorentina and subsequent Europa League games.

Will be in the Spion Kop for the first time on a european night since one of the CSKA Sofia games in the early 80s and I'm actually looking forward to it and to whatever follows in the Europa League come February. Got to pick the seats myself and all. Thank you Rachel.

Apologies if I've inadvertantly taken your place in the Kop and for the general upbeat tone of the post but I am fucking fed up to the back teeth with the shite on this site about Rafa.

So here's to getting Fernando and Aquilani onto the pitch on Wednesday, a dramatic improvement in the second half of the season and a trip to Hamburg in May.

Come on you Mighty Can't Do Nothing Wrong Reds!