You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wayne Rooney - player of the season

ReddOrDedd

Yeah, alright, it was a provocative title, but going on his two high-profile performances so far this season he looks bang up for it. He looks slim and fit (or at least as slim and fit as a naturally very fat man can) and I reckon the Winker's departure will do him no harm.

Before I get the inevitable abuse about Blueshite and Manc cunts, yes, he is both of those, but I recognise excellent talent when I see it. Put it this way, if you don't put him in your fantasy league team then you're a mug.

Rooney will do well this season - let's just hope not too well.

Yeah, alright, it was a provocative title, but going on his two high-profile performances so far this season he looks bang up for it. He looks slim and fit (or at least as slim and fit as a naturally very fat man can) and I reckon the Winker's departure will do him no harm.

Before I get the inevitable abuse about Blueshite and Manc cunts, yes, he is both of those, but I recognise excellent talent when I see it. Put it this way, if you don't put him in your fantasy league team then you're a mug.

Rooney will do well this season - let's just hope not too well.

This is a big season for him people have in the past attributed his underwhelming goal scoring record to the fact he plays out wide when in fact it has more to do with his erratic finishing. This year he won't be able to hide behind that.

But no-one in England will notice, the hype will continue.

the way they wank over him fucks me up. He tried to tackle someone but it didn't come off, and it was "Ooh big heart has Rooney, you know you always get total commitment from Rooney."

Yeah but that's about all, he's a striker who doesn't, well, score.

He's just a fat head and crabs.

the way they wank over him fucks me up. He tried to tackle someone but it didn't come off, and it was "Ooh big heart has Rooney, you know you always get total commitment from Rooney."

Yeah but that's about all, he's a striker who doesn't, well, score.

He's just a fat head and crabs.

I totally disagree with that. The incident you're referring to was when he lost the ball, then came charging back into our own channel to win it back, ending up being straddled across his back by one of their players (I forget who, possibly Robben). In my view, that was an example of the tenacity for which he's so admired. Of course it sometimes boils over into petulance or violence, and I often slate him for that, but he has fire in his play, which is very important. I'm not saying I'd want him to play for us, but anyone who doesn't recognise his talent is a blinkered bellend. Behind Gerrard he's the most important player for England.

The point is, we can hate him all we like, but I for one love to see him play for England and hate to see him play for United, because he's a dangerous, fat-headed crab-ridden Shrek monster.

Going back to the original point of the post, I fear this could be a great season for him. I hope I'm wrong.

Rooney is a top class player, but I think he's not prolific enough to quite justify the hysteria. I wonder if that may change (as it did with Ronaldo) this season. If he plays in the Gerrard position off Berbatov, I think they could both flourish. Certainly, he has all the tools to be world class: skill, power, aggression and finishing; he just needs his manager to let him use them closer to goal.

The problem with Rooney for me is that he hasn't matured into a Gerrard type figure yet who pulls his team out of the bag when they need it most.

Whether that's down to his team being better equipped than Gerrard's team so as not to rely so strongly on one man, or something else, I'm not so sure.

I'd never question his talent but so far he hasn't stepped up and become a consistent leader and matchwinner when it really matters, in my opinion.

He still could though.

The problem with Rooney for me is that he hasn't matured into a Gerrard type figure yet who pulls his team out of the bag when they need it most.

Whether that's down to his team being better equipped than Gerrard's team so as not to rely so strongly on one man, or something else, I'm not so sure.

I'd never question his talent but so far he hasn't stepped up and become a consistent leader and matchwinner when it really matters, in my opinion.

He still could though.

He's still very young though - a mere 23 years of age. Think how much Gerrard improved beyond that age and also how much of that was due to his manager playing him in his best position.

He's still very young though - a mere 23 years of age. Think how much Gerrard improved beyond that age and also how much of that was due to his manager playing him in his best position.

I said he still could though, you fackin cant! ;)

Rooney will become very injury prone in the next few years. You can tell just looking at him.

I can sense that as well. If Rooney is picked player of the year then united would've won the title, and I don't think that will happen.

Go Torres!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rooney is a top class player, but I think he's not prolific enough to quite justify the hysteria. I wonder if that may change (as it did with Ronaldo) this season. If he plays in the Gerrard position off Berbatov, I think they could both flourish. Certainly, he has all the tools to be world class: skill, power, aggression and finishing; he just needs his manager to let him use them closer to goal.

Spot on.

I wish we had a player like him, in addition to Gerrard and Torres. We will be deadly.

I totally disagree with that. The incident you're referring to was when he lost the ball, then came charging back into our own channel to win it back, ending up being straddled across his back by one of their players (I forget who, possibly Robben). In my view, that was an example of the tenacity for which he's so admired. Of course it sometimes boils over into petulance or violence, and I often slate him for that, but he has fire in his play, which is very important. I'm not saying I'd want him to play for us, but anyone who doesn't recognise his talent is a blinkered bellend. Behind Gerrard he's the most important player for England.

The point is, we can hate him all we like, but I for one love to see him play for England and hate to see him play for United, because he's a dangerous, fat-headed crab-ridden Shrek monster.

Going back to the original point of the post, I fear this could be a great season for him. I hope I'm wrong.

So what though? Seriously? That's the kind of thing Ince used to do for us in the 85th minute to cover up the fact he was shite for most of the match. Tracking back and making the odd 'fist in the air' tackle doesn't impress me much, especially when it's coming from a forward.

He's a striker, and the English media would have you believe he's the most awesome destructive force in world football, when in actual fact he carries no more of a goal threat than a Dirk Kuyt (at best), which, considering his obvious all round ability is pretty shit.

In the absence of an out and out goal threat I'd expect some kind of creative spark or incisive passing, which I've only seen rarely from the fat head. He's not progressed as a player since he was a teenager IMO, and certainly not deserving of his 'first name on the teamsheet' status.