You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

I'd do the same, it wasn't long ago that Sneijder was a far more high profile player than Xabi. He would be a great player for Liverpool in my opinion. A midfield axis of Mascherano, Sneijder and Gerrard would be superb.

I dont watch too much of the spanish league but people I mention Sneijder to keep saying we should avoaid as he barely manages to finish 60 mins for Real

is this a common perception or balls?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd do the same, it wasn't long ago that Sneijder was a far more high profile player than Xabi. He would be a great player for Liverpool in my opinion. A midfield axis of Mascherano, Sneijder and Gerrard would be superb.

Once again, where's the sense in that? Alonso is generally applied as deep-lying playmaker while Sneijder is a attacking midfielder played to his strength on the right side of a 4-3-3. Sniejder is also very inconsistent and has looked out of his deepth since moving away from the Dutch 4-3-3-model.

Guest RafaIsRafa
Sneijder, VDV or Robben any of these would do as players involved in the deal.

Negrido, Migrado, Nigrado, Megrido etc can all fuck off.

Want the ones who are crocks or been in crap form for the last year and put down the one who's been class for two seasons. Textbook you.

Once again, where's the sense in that? Alonso is generally applied as deep-lying playmaker while Sneijder is a attacking midfielder played to his strength on the right side of a 4-3-3. Sniejder is also very inconsistent and has looked out of his deepth since moving away from the Dutch 4-3-3-model.

We play 4-3-3 here though to be honest and even so, I think slightly changing the system to have Gerrard and Sneijder playing behind Torres and ahead of Gerrard just might work - it certainly works for Chelsea. Losing Xabi isn't ideal but that's the situation we find ourselves in. Alternatively, we can get Sniejder, employ him out wide and get in another CM. Sneijder is a top class footballler without a doubt. In fact swapping Xabi for Sneijder and Robben would make us even stronger inmy view.

We play 4-3-3 here though to be honest and even so, I think slightly changing the system to have Gerrard and Sneijder playing behind Torres and ahead of Gerrard just might work - it certainly works for Chelsea. Losing Xabi isn't ideal but that's the situation we find ourselves in. Alternatively, we can get Sniejder, employ him out wide and get in another CM. Sneijder is a top class footballler without a doubt. In fact swapping Xabi for Sneijder and Robben would make us even stronger inmy view.

:whoops:

Negredo looks a good player and i would be happy with a deal that meant we got £25m and Negredo but only if there is departures first.

By signing Negredo we would have the cash to sign Silva who could be employed either as a left winger or behind Torres.

The problem i do have with that deal though is that Voronin and Babel are still at the club and also N'Gog and Nemeth are challenging for the squad places as well.

Considering we mainly play with just one up top this would mean us having too many strikers so unless Babel and Voronin are on their way out i cant see the point of Negredo.

I wouldn't say we're playing 4-3-3 as we carry a set of three specially applied central midfielders that works in "deepth"; a defensive, a supportive, and one attacking. They're the axis of a 4-5-1 or a 4-2-3-1 but never a 4-3-3. Especially as our wing forwards are just as aggressive as our attacking midfielder, if you're solely looking at positions on the pitch and not to players duties one could argue that we were playing 4-2-4 with Gerrard, Torres, Kuyt and Riera as strikers.

Negredo looks a good player and i would be happy with a deal that meant we got £25m and Negredo but only if there is departures first.

By signing Negredo we would have the cash to sign Silva who could be employed either as a left winger or behind Torres.

The problem i do have with that deal though is that Voronin and Babel are still at the club and also N'Gog and Nemeth are challenging for the squad places as well.

Considering we mainly play with just one up top this would mean us having too many strikers so unless Babel and Voronin are on their way out i cant see the point of Negredo.

These two both need to go out on loan .. :whistle:

I think Sneijder would be ace for us. Playing in the deep lying central midfield position would suit him in my opinion, so I'd be happy if he was part of any deal.

He'd be particularly effective against dross such as Stoke, Hull, Birmingham, Wolves etc, games where Xabi doesn't always excel .. :whistle:

Babel is fucking useless. Voronin is not good enough. Nemeth is very young and will probably be sent out on loan.

N'gog is unproven at this level and will need to play the cup games first to prove what he can do.

That leaves us with....err.....Torres as the only striker.

I agree we need to sell Babel or Voronin or both but these two shouldn't stop us from getting another striker.

Babel is not 'fucking useless', there's a good player in there somewhere. one of our few players with pace and who can score.

I know. He is the next Henry or something.

Look mate, I don't have anything against the lad - I want him to succeed at LFC just like anyone but I just can't see it. He may have fantastic ability but that means fuck all if he fails to show it. His head is not right.

I know. He is the next Henry or something.

Look mate, I don't have anything against the lad - I want him to succeed at LFC just like anyone but I just can't see it. He may have fantastic ability but that means fuck all if he fails to show it. His head is not right.

as bad as he has been, he is still one of the few players in the first team with pace and who can score and he has made important contributions, he's still worth keeping around until we find a shit hot winger/attacking option which you have to say is highly unlikely.

Oh, you know, he is a liverpool player and all that so we can't say much about it but we will give an interview every day anyway. Arrogant cunts.

Real Madrid's sporting director Miguel Pardeza has confirmed the club are still hoping to land both Xabi Alonso and Alvaro Arbeloa from Liverpool.

Alonso has confirmed that his future at Anfield is far from certain, amid reports he has his heart set on a move to the Spanish capital.

Real have already spent huge amounts of money during the current transfer window splashing out world record transfer fees, firstly on Kaka and then on Cristiano Ronaldo.

But new coach Manuel Pellegrini has long wanted to improve his midfield and Alonso was the man pinpointed early on by Florentino Perez's new regime as the ideal signing.

Reports now claim that the two clubs are closing on agreeing a deal with Real ready to pay €35million (£30million).

On Wednesday, Real completed a deal to bring back Esteban Granero from Getafe, but Pardeza was quick to point out that they he was in no way an alternative to Alonso.

"We do not see him as an alternative to Xabi Alonso as he has other characteristics," declared Pardeza in Publico.

No alternatives

"The problem with Alonso is there are no alternatives, with the way football is evolving, the creative central midfielder is becoming fewer and fewer.

"Alonso is not a fad, there are just not may alternatives - not in the Americas or in Europe are their players who can perform his task."

Pardeza admits talks with Liverpool have not been easy.

He added: "They stalled, from day one - the demands of Liverpool were beyond what Madrid was willing to pay and that is very difficult to understand.

"That is not the way to get things done, but I have not given up hope we can solve this."

Pardeza admits that then ongoing situation at Anfield regarding Javier Mascherano, who has been linked with a move to Barcelona, does complicate Alonso's desire to leave.

"As I said I do not believe this [Alonso] will be an easy situation to solve, and I don't for one minute think that Mascherano will be easier to move than Alonso," he added.

Arbeloa interest

He also confirmed that Alonso's team-mate Arbeloa was still in their sights.

"On Arbeloa, that is an option which - for the time being - has come to nothing," he said

"Liverpool do not really have the desire to let him go, even though he has just a year left on his contract.

"But there is a month to go in the market and anything can change, and I would not deny that we would very much like to have Arbeloa."

Pardeza did rubbish claims that Rafa Benitez was deliberately stalling when it came to negotiations with Real.

"I do not see that at all, at least with me and Jorge [Valdano, Real director general] he is open and discusses things, I don't see that as a problem at all," he concluded.

Pardeza also confirmed that Real had made no move for Arsenal star Cesc Fabregas.

"It's an option that we have not covered," he said of the Spanish international.

Sky Sports | Football | News | Real retain Xabi hope

This bit made me laugh particularly:

He added: "They stalled, from day one - the demands of Liverpool were beyond what Madrid was willing to pay and that is very difficult to understand.

"That is not the way to get things done, but I have not given up hope we can solve this."

What do they expect? "GREAT. Welcome Madrid. We are proud that you are interested in signing one of our players. Please give us what you can" and "hang on, let me lower my pants and spread my legs. Oh, your dick is about half an inch away from my asshole".

Pricks.

I think Sneijder would be ace for us. Playing in the deep lying central midfield position would suit him in my opinion, so I'd be happy if he was part of any deal.

I agree. I think Sneijder has all of the attributes to play that role. He's not the same player as Alonso, but that doesn't mean that he can be as effective in a different way.

as bad as he has been, he is still one of the few players in the first team with pace and who can score and he has made important contributions, he's still worth keeping around until we find a shit hot winger/attacking option which you have to say is highly unlikely.

He was supposed to be that hot winger/attacking option. He cost us 11 million, you know?

Pace without heart is useless. He may be worth keeping for now (I will still sell him if someone offers half of what we paid) but he has to show the willingness and heart to succeed at LFC. That will be the 1st step.