You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What results do you want?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What results do you want?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time a thread came up like this, I said the best thing about a draw is that it is fewer points distributed between our two biggest title challengers. And with luck and in current form we will tear Stoke a new arsehole, which would extend our lead at the top of the table.

0-0, 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, hell even 4-4 please.

Draw. Every day of the week. People talking down Chelseas or the Mancs team are nuts. Ronaldo hasn't been great but if he finds his form (which he will) then the Mancs are capable of 10 wins on the trot. Also, Chelsea, while not as good as a few years ago, can easily put on the form.

First and by far foremost, we need and must beat Stoke. Once we do that then there is only good news ahead of us on Sunday. There is a silver lining in any result. The least good one would be a Manc win in my opinion, with the best been the draw.

Guest TK-421

Provided we beat Stoke a draw will keep them both at a safe distance.

A Chelsea win would be alright but it might give them a lot of belief and be a catalyst for them, so I'd rather it was a draw, but anything apart from a Manc win is coolio.

I am definetely hoping for a Chavs win.

Due to the breakdown of fixtures the Mancs are a much bigger threat as they have got their hard away games out of the way whilst Chelsea have done the opposite.

Moreover, I still think one of them is likely to actually win it & i would much rather it be the Chavs than the Mancs.

I always want the Mancs to lose every game they play unless there is an exceptional reason not to... those reasons are pretty much once-in-a-generation events & this isn't one!

Chelsea win for me. I expect Chelsea to drop more points between now and the end of the season, so a manc defeat is defo the way forward.

I heard last night that some of the existing Chelsea boys are not happy with Scolari's approach to Deco. Apparently complaining that Joke Hole is being taken off too often and Deco not enough. This is exactly what we want to hear coming out of their camp and exactly why I think they will drop more points than the mancs between now and the end of the season.

Moreover, I still think one of them is likely to actually win it & i would much rather it be the Chavs than the Mancs

Why even bother with that attitude. I'm sure you'll be rooting for them as the season goes on so you don't have to step out of your comfort zone and believe in us.

The texan asked what a chav is, I googled it and pasted the first thing i found. I could have explained it to him, but that would have required more typing.

That just happened to be about scousers?

Right.

We don't have chavs in Liverpool, it's a southern word.

Why even bother with that attitude. I'm sure you'll be rooting for them as the season goes on so you don't have to step out of your comfort zone and believe in us.

Belief is an act of faith which I have very little time for- what are our actual percentage chances?

Our squad is worse than theirs due to the relative financial constraints we work under.

No team has ever won the PL with the 4th highest wage bill.

This doesn't mean it will never be achieved (this is akin to a black swan argument. Particularly with the very small sample size of PL seasons, the fact that no-one has seen a black swan doesn't mean none exist).

We have a small chance due to having the best manager in world football in charge; he has produced at least 3 other seemingly impossible acheievements (Tenerife up vs 3 subsequent CL sides, Valencia's 2 titles & obviously Istanbul) so he does make it possible.

However being top in Jan means very little- Arse were never going to win the League last year.

The PL title betting market has huge depth due to it being a long-run competition & also having such global appeal: hence the market is as good a place as any to check on our unbiased chances & we are still 3rd favourite.

Belief is an act of faith which I have very little time for- what are our actual percentage chances?

Our squad is worse than theirs due to the relative financial constraints we work under.

No team has ever won the PL with the 4th highest wage bill.

This doesn't mean it will never be achieved (this is akin to a black swan argument. Particularly with the very small sample size of PL seasons, the fact that no-one has seen a black swan doesn't mean none exist).

We have a small chance due to having the best manager in world football in charge; he has produced at least 3 other seemingly impossible acheievements (Tenerife up vs 3 subsequent CL sides, Valencia's 2 titles & obviously Istanbul) so he does make it possible.

However being top in Jan means very little- Arse were never going to win the League last year.

The PL title betting market has huge depth due to it being a long-run competition & also having such global appeal: hence the market is as good a place as any to check on our unbiased chances & we are still 3rd favourite.

:D

Are you available for parties?

im an idiot, I wanted to vote for Chelsea to win as I think putting a bit of distance between us and the Mancs will help long term and I think we've more chance of three points against Chelsea at home in a couple of weeks than we do of getting 3 at Old Trafford

dispite this I clicked on a Man U win.... again, I am an idiot

Chav win.

They're more likely to fall apart later on in the season and the early signs of that happening are good, whereas the mancs tend to get stronger as the season progresses - the more damage that can be done to their points total now, the better.