You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sons of Anarchy

Section_31

The pilot for the spinoff about the Mayans is being entirely re-shot with some of the main characters being recast. This could be the worst show ever made already.

Quite possibly. Kurt Sutter will end up casting all the SOA actors and just make them go on the sunbeds for a few months prior to filming.

sutter is a one man argument against the showrunner model, judging from the shield he's clearly an outstanding writer but needs reining in by someone. didn't someone on here say he wanted to reveal in the last episode of the shield that Dutch had been a serial killer all along?

sutter is a one man argument against the showrunner model, judging from the shield he's clearly an outstanding writer but needs reining in by someone. didn't someone on here say he wanted to reveal in the last episode of the shield that Dutch had been a serial killer all along?

Yeah I read that bit about Dutch too, would have been a ridiculous plot twist.

• 10 months later...

Thank fuck Sutter wasn't involved in Narcos, he'd have turned Pablo Escobar into Ron Dixon.

Been watching the fourth season again and it's quite good, but it just gets more and more nuts - like he had to rely on shock value to keep it interesting, a lot of it towards the end makes absolutely no sense. They'll be having a picnic or something and Gemma will pop a cork and it'll hit someone in the eye and kill them, but then she'll say a black guy did it and Tig will drive a combine harvester through niner territory, but accidentally run over a Russian tourist who just happens to be a Russian mobster's daughter. They'll all meet up to broker a peace deal but then Opi will realise one of the Russians cut him up at  the lights a week ago and strangle him then everyone starts shooting each other.

• Upvote 7

Been watching the fourth season again and it's quite good, but it just gets more and more nuts - like he had to rely on shock value to keep it interesting, a lot of it towards the end makes absolutely no sense. They'll be having a picnic or something and Gemma will pop a cork and it'll hit someone in the eye and kill them, but then she'll say a black guy did it and Tig will drive a combine harvester through niner territory, but accidentally run over a Russian tourist who just happens to be a Russian mobster's daughter. They'll all meet up to broker a peace deal but then Opi will realise one of the Russians cut him up at the lights a week ago and strangle him then everyone starts shooting each other.

I agree. There is a complete lack of structure, it's as though they made it up as they went along, coupled with the unbelievable characters. Don't get me wrong I didn't mind SoA but it's world apart from The Shield, which Sutter was also a big part of.

Mayans MC will follow the SoA formula and but probably be completely shite.

Been watching the fourth season again and it's quite good, but it just gets more and more nuts - like he had to rely on shock value to keep it interesting, a lot of it towards the end makes absolutely no sense. They'll be having a picnic or something and Gemma will pop a cork and it'll hit someone in the eye and kill them, but then she'll say a black guy did it and Tig will drive a combine harvester through niner territory, but accidentally run over a Russian tourist who just happens to be a Russian mobster's daughter. They'll all meet up to broker a peace deal but then Opi will realise one of the Russians cut him up at the lights a week ago and strangle him then everyone starts shooting each other.

Haha. Nailed it.

SOA started well

I enjoyed it early all. Vague references to larger international crime but mostly focused on terroritory spats in a small town. But once a small motorcycle gang starts fucking over the IRA and Russian mob it just lost the plot.

The less said about the ending and the outrageous crap attempt to make it look like they had gone to Ireland with its shit cgi the better.

Shame as the first few seasons were great

Didn't they have to completely reshoot the pilot for that? I'm sure there was something wrong in the production.

Yeah apparently and recast some of the roles. They must have just thought it was shite. I didn't like the Mayans their bikes are shite. Should have done another charter of soa instead like new York or Denmark.

Yeah SoA started well but descended into utter shite, couldn't even be arsed to finish it in the end, it got so tedious with contrived beefs popping up out of nowhere like Section has already covered.

I'll pass on Mayans unless a few from here rate it.

Yeah SoA started well but descended into utter shite, couldn't even be arsed to finish it in the end, it got so tedious with contrived beefs popping up out of nowhere like Section has already covered.

I'll pass on Mayans unless a few from here rate it.

Not missing anything

Its the first time i have actually been angry at the ending of a series