You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Funniest Thing You've Seen At A Match?

silverlining

I think we need cheering up.

What's your funniest match-day experience?

Mine is a little glimpse into the mindset of an Evertonian. It was Everton v Spurs at Woodison, Family Enclosure.

Gary Mabbutt, football's most famous diabetic, is about to take a throw-in, when a large paper bag full of sweets hits him on the shoulder:

"Eat them yer fucking spastic!"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on lads, just because today is the anniversary of the most tragic day in our history doesn't mean we need to spend the whole day moping around and being miserable bastards.

Celebrate life, not mourn death.

That day affected everyone in very different ways. So people can deal with today in their own, personal, and very differing ways. They shouldn't be made to feel bad for wanting to lighten the mood. And you can't put a blanket ban on laughter and smiles just becuase you might not feel like it. That shit aint right.

That should apply to any other day than today, surely?

No. Absolutely not.

I'm sorry, but I can't condone fun and laughter police patrolling around because of what today is. That's just not right.

It's not a committee decision on how people get through today. If some people like to laugh and be happy today to cope, then that's fine.

If they'd rather be alone with their thoughts and prayers, then that's equally fine. People can deal with today however they choose, and to try and stifle either approach is just plain wrong.

I'm with Tom R on this one (it has nothing to do with me having a picture of him as my avatar either).

All of us here know what day it is and should be allowed to still do as they please, as long as it doesnt sully the memory of those lost. Nothing wrong with people having a laugh should they wish to.

I'm with Tom R on this one (it has nothing to do with me having a picture of him as my avatar either).

All of us here know what day it is and should be allowed to still do as they please, as long as it doesnt sully the memory of those lost. Nothing wrong with people having a laugh should they wish to.

I started the thread, so here's my viewpoint:

I wouldn't have started it had I remembered what the day was (and before anyone hops on me, I obviously KNEW what the day was, it just momentarily slipped my mind as I was ruminating on what to write abouy).

Maybe it would have been better served if it had been a "halcyon days" innocent humour type of thread, but again, "eat them yer spastic" doesn't really fit that either.

So if anyone is offended, sorry.

Nothing to do with being in the fun and laughter police, just today is a day of remeberance and mourning for lost brothers and sisters, not a day to celebrate life. You can do that tomorrow.

What I meant by "celebrate life" was that I'd rather celebrate the live's of the 96 today than mourn their deaths. That's my choice.

As for doing that tomorrow, I'll do it whenever I like thanksverymuch. And you can also do it whenever you like too.

Today, for you, is whatever you want it to be for you and I wouldn't dare tell you how to get through.

How dare anyone tell anyone else how to cope with today! People can get through today however they see fit. And all the very best to all of them. For some it's harder than for others, and my thoughts go out to all Reds today, however they choose to get through it.

JFT96

YNWA

I started the thread, so here's my viewpoint:

I wouldn't have started it had I remembered what the day was (and before anyone hops on me, I obviously KNEW what the day was, it just momentarily slipped my mind as I was ruminating on what to write abouy).

Maybe it would have been better served if it had been a "halcyon days" innocent humour type of thread, but again, "eat them yer spastic" doesn't really fit that either.

So if anyone is offended, sorry.

Don't apologise. You've done absolutely nothing wrong.

Nothing wrong with the thread at all, nor is there any reason why we shouldn't have a laugh today. I just thought thought the comment about celebrating life and not mourning was inappropiate.

You're missing the point completely.

You can think whatever you like.

I'll think whatever I like.

anyone remember the fella walking down the stairs at old trafford with two drinks before diving forward to head the ball? funny as fook.

and when ruddock and mcateer were on soccer AM and showed that fella on the barrier fall down. you know the one, 'did he really do that twice?'

Fucking hell what did I start. I am not saying people should mope or deal with anything in any sort of way. I just think its strange that people are so, SO arsed about what some absolute scumbag shithouse from america is doing to our football club today when, 19 years ago, something happened which showed football up for what it is, NOTHING.

Coca Cola Cup v Burnley in 1994-5 season I think, me and my mate on the Kop. We thought it would be a good idea to take some bog rolls, to add to the atmosphere like.

My mate lobbed a bog roll, hoping for it to cascade down the Kop, but forgot to hold onto one end, and this smartprice bog roll twats this big burly fucker on the head.

Cue much teenage guffawing.

Funniest thing I saw (or remember) was the streaker at Anfield when we played the filth. The guy had 'cantona is an' and a big arrow pointing to his butt! Now the funny thing was the streaker covered up his todger which was far more funnier than the actual 'streak'!