You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Theo Walcott

d.k.E.

Because Walcott is english he will not make it. He will have the weight of the world on his shoulders thanks to media hype and ultimately will stop him fulfilling undoubted potential. This is the first time he has done anything noteworthy in a big game. I certainly wouldn't be rushing out trying to buy him on that basis.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Walcott is english he will not make it. He will have the weight of the world on his shoulders thanks to media hype and ultimately will stop him fulfilling undoubted potential. This is the first time he has done anything noteworthy in a big game. I certainly wouldn't be rushing out trying to buy him on that basis.

I don't get this noteworthy thing.

1. He scored against Chelsea (Terry and Carvalho included) in the Carling Cup Final.

2. He set up Adebayour in Milan and frightened the life out of them.

3. He set up Adebayour at Anfield and nearly won it fro Arsenal.

4. He is 19 and has already the youngest ever player for England.

5. He is probably the quickest player in the league.

How long are you going to give him to doing "anything noteworthy"?

Most knowledgable fans in the world.

Massive red... his dad was saying in the London Evening Standard how Theo and the whole family are massive reds and Theo still looks for our results BUT he is an Arsenal man now. Said us, United. Chelsea and Real Madrid also wanted him and it came down to who would look after Southampton more. He said, Liverpool wanted Theo not to sign a contract with Southampton so we could get him for peanuts, Theo didn't want to do that to them.

He is a red. From Arseweb

Arsenal still fucked Southampton over though didn't they. The deal was £5m up front rising to £12m, when Arsenal found out about Southamptons finanical problems they offered them £9m, deal done. Obviously Southampton needed the money so they had to take it meaning the missed out on the extra £3m.

I can't see us getting him as why would Arsenal pay the extra £4m they have just paid to tie up any lose ends, if they do sell it's going to be for at least £15m which would be way to much.

1. He scored against Chelsea (Terry and Carvalho included) in the Carling Cup Final.

WOW.. sign him up that's some achievement in 2 ½ years at Arsenal.

I'd have Babel over him all day long.... Babel is 2 years older than Walcott.. but I still think that Babel was ahead of him at the same stage of their careers..

1. Made Ajax debut at 17

2. Made Champions league debut at 18 and scored in both legs.

3. Made International debut at 18 and went on to score the second goal in a 2–0 victory. The goal made Babel the youngest goalscorer in 68 years for the Netherlands and the fourth-youngest of all time

4. Babbel finished the 2005 season (18 years old) with 7 goals in 20 games.

5. July 2007 signs for Liverpool for £13.5m

6. Played 45 Goals 10

7. International Caps 23 Goals 4

8. Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish has said that “Babel has the ability to terrorise defenders in the Premier League with his pace and trickery with the ball.”

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Aurelio should have done to Walcott what this cameroon defender did to Caniggia in 1990.

That still makes me howl with laughter. First challenge, slight knock of stride. Second challenge, serious loss of balance but managing to keep going until....third challenge, attempted murder. Ace stuff.

As one of the comments puts it "That was a Mortal Kombat fatality move not Football!"

I'd have Babel over him all day long.... Babel is 2 years older than Walcott.. but I still think that Babel was ahead of him at the same stage of their careers..

1. Made Ajax debut at 17

2. Made Champions league debut at 18 and scored in both legs.

3. Made International debut at 18 and went on to score the second goal in a 2–0 victory. The goal made Babel the youngest goalscorer in 68 years for the Netherlands and the fourth-youngest of all time

4. Babbel finished the 2005 season (18 years old) with 7 goals in 20 games.

5. July 2007 signs for Liverpool for £13.5m

6. Played 45 Goals 10

7. International Caps 23 Goals 4

8. Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish has said that “Babel has the ability to terrorise defenders in the Premier League with his pace and trickery with the ball.”

Why does it have to be one over the other?

Plus a player like Walcott would rule the Dutch league.

He is 19 and hardly played though has he? As I said he is younger than all of our "youngsters".. bit of perspective eh.

Actually he has... 2007/08 season

Prem:

7 starts

13 Sub

2 goals

Euro

4 starts

5 sub

2 goals

FA Cup

1 start

League Cup

4 starts

1 goal

Total

16 Starts

18 Sub

5 goals

1. WOW - so did Riise (sign him up..er...)

2. WOW- He had one assist and he scared Italians???...very easy to scare an eyetie. Just tell 'em the world has run out of brylcreem

3. WOW - Well that was actually quite good

4. Thats why he will be ruined. Way too much pressure on a kid that age. Bringing him to the world cup was just stupid.

5. So what, just cause you can run fast doesn't mean anything.

Give the kid chance and let him develop.

Most knowledgable fans in the world. :whistle:

Id prefer we signed him than Henry or Ronaldinho, thats for sure

What utter lunacy! you would seriously prefer a 19 year old kid who can run very fast but has very little footballing awarness to two of the best players who have graced world football over the last 10 years?

I think bob is saying we'd have beaten AC Milan the second time with Walcott, so that's two, plus another on the way in Moscow.

This thread is a strange one. Has there been any sniff of us getting Walcott this summer? I really can't see Wenger selling him, so why are we discussing this?

Why does it have to be one over the other?

Plus a player like Walcott would rule the Dutch league.

How do you know? Why are you so eager to spunk all over him?

Walcott's a good player, but to proudly proclaim that he would "rule" in any league is rather premature.

Walcott has 57 appearances for Soton and Arsenal and has scored a grand total of .....wait for it.......*drum roll*.........6 goals.

Guest PaddyBerger15
That still makes me howl with laughter. First challenge, slight knock of stride. Second challenge, serious loss of balance but managing to keep going until....third challenge, attempted murder. Ace stuff.

As one of the comments puts it "That was a Mortal Kombat fatality move not Football!"

That made me laugh nearly as much as the 'tackle'! To this day that game and that incident still make me roar. That was the Summer before I went to Uni, it was ace, I had chuff all to do mostly apart from drink ale and watch the World Cup...happy days.