You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sports Cafe England( Carra's place)

grazywalker

Went there today . The layout is ace with tv screens everywhere.It makes you just want to watch a live game there ,eating a nice meal and drinking a few beers(£2.95 a bottle).

I had a smoothie to start but forgot my freebie voucher.The food was ace and just the right amount.All the others( 5 adults and four kids) really enjoyed theres very much.The prices were about right and the kids got given balloons which is always a bonus.

The greatest thing about the venue is the fact that no matter where you sit you can see a full screen so whoever is talking to you will think you are listening to them when really you are not but at least you are kind of looking at them whilst they talk crap

The only minor complaint was the fact that the young girls* who serve you seem to be more concerned about how they look than how they actually serve.

* they do look very good though.

Regarding tips .There was a service charge of about 10% inc on the bill.What is the score because as far as I am concerned that is the tip or am I wrong.Plus we should have been told the tip was included when we were handed the bill.

I would defo go again no problem and I give it 23 big long hoofs out of 25 screamings at Mike Riley.

Planning to go this next couple of months or so. Service charges piss me right off though, that's really annoying. I always leave a tip but I like to have the choice of how much. Plus I always feel like a tight cunt if I don't leave a tip even if I have paid a service charge.

We (girlfriend & me) went there yesterday too, played the good friday game and had the spinach and pine nut raviolli, quite nice but the cold plates meant it cooled too fast, the Garlic bread with cheese starter was a nice change from the usual greasefest you get served up, tasty.

Oh and a certain Mr Torres was dining downstairs at the time, wonder if he paid full whack?

Gutted I didn't notice a service charge as I left an extra 15%.

We (girlfriend & me) went there yesterday too, played the good friday game and had the spinach and pine nut raviolli, quite nice but the cold plates meant it cooled too fast, the Garlic bread with cheese starter was a nice change from the usual greasefest you get served up, tasty.

Oh and a certain Mr Torres was dining downstairs at the time, wonder if he paid full whack?

That's another reason the service charge idea pisses me off. It's not a widely expected charge so normally you don't go looking for it on the bill, specially after a few glasses of wine. That's a 25% tip you've left there. How fucking annoying is that?

What time where you there ?

Has anyone used the free smoothie voucher from the back of the latest issue? You'd be helping TLW out if you do, as it will show them their advertising is paying off.

I forgot mine which really pissed me off.I had it ready by the stairs but walked stright past it on the way out .

I forgot mine which really pissed me off.I had it ready by the stairs but walked stright past it on the way out .

Next time then.

I think they're gonna do a different promotion next time. They mentioned possibly doing a 'kids eat free' one.