You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

David Bowie

Joeys Pogo

never a truer word spoken.

He hardly put a foot wrong between hunky dory and scary monsters(I hate

Diamond Dogs though too much coke).

Diamond Dogs is a fine album, "Sweet thing-Candidate- Sweet Thing (reprise)" being it's nadir, "We are the dead" is awesome also, the man is a genius, it's also a myth that anything since the 70's is shite, sure he lost his way in the mid to late 80s but his last three albums have been fine works, he's also brilliant live.

• 1 year later...

No and thrice no. He is a complete cunt.

I'll accept that in his early years he put out some awesome songs with incredible imagination. Hunky Dory is astonishingly good, and there are plenty of other great songs and albums but...

...he's a twat. A smug, self-serving twat who uses big words to try and look good.

He needs his face punching.

Seen him twice, once when he headlined Glastonbury although I was pretty wasted so couldn't remember much of gig so the next time I went to see him at the Manchester move festival at Old Trafford cricket ground I made sure I didn't have a drink and the gig was ace, a definite yes from me.

I'll repaste what I said in another thread.

David Bowie 1969-1980 is in fact the greatest artist of all time. 12 albums in 11 years and every single one arguably a classic. On top of that playing and producing on some classic albums by other artists at the same time. Doesn't get much better.

And he's one smooth bastard

1055533942_e_thinking.jpg

*To be fair, a lot of his stuff since the 90's/00's is also very good. His standards were ridiculously high in the 70's though, so his recent stuff always gets compared far too negatively. Heathen is a brilliant album.

I'll repaste what I said in another thread.

David Bowie 1969-1980 is in fact the greatest artist of all time. 12 albums in 11 years and every single one arguably a classic. On top of that playing and producing on some classic albums by other artists at the same time. Doesn't get much better.

And he's one smooth bastard

1055533942_e_thinking.jpg

*To be fair, a lot of his stuff since the 90's/00's is also very good. His standards were ridiculously high in the 70's though, so his recent stuff always gets compared far too negatively. Heathen is a brilliant album.

Every single word bang on the money.

Everything up to Let's Dance is sound, everything since is shite.

Heathen is a great album! One of his best i think.

Reality is another good one but lacks something. Hours could and should of been better.

Definitely a Yay from me. Love some of his songs and he was brilliant in Extras :D

Heathen is a great album! One of his best i think.

Reality is another good one but lacks something. Hours could and should of been better.

Definitely a Yay from me. Love some of his songs and he was brilliant in Extras :D

Heathen is actually one of my favourite Bowie albums. Love every track on it.