You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafas spending?

shouter

Rafa has got rid of his mistakes, and usually got a fair price. Things like Josemi for Kromkamp, who was then sold for about what we paid for Josemi.

The only player I can remember him making a considerable loss on was Morientes (3 million wasn't a huge loss, but it was still only half what we paid for him) and possibly Gonzales, depending on which reports you believe.

If you consider players he's made a profit on, or sold for a good price (and compare that to Ged, aside Baros I can't think of a single player he bought that profit was made on, and the depreciation of some of his buys was astounding).

Rafa has my support in the transfer market because he doesn't seem to show much sentimentality with regards to selling players which haven't settled or aren't good enough, and for the most part has bought well. People question Sissoko, Pennant and Crouch, but for the prices paid they were good buys.

Kuyt is the only massive question mark I have over price paid, and

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all I doubt that........

Second he has build his team for decades, whilst Rafa took over a team rotten to the core..... Rebuilding costs money and takes time....

And he had an enormous amount of class players come through the ranks all at the same time. Giggs/Beckham/Scholes etc.

Rafa's record in the transfer market is very much dictated by the finances he is given and the players that were already here. He has done a very good job to rbuild the squad, he just needs a couple more 17m - 20m players to get us to the next level.

100% agree. However, you've made far too much sense and being logical and showing sense around here does not pay.

APPARENTLY.

Like i said before Si i'd rather buy for the long term good of the club and not the short term quick buck.

When Rafa took over we were not even mentioned in the top group.

He also put us back on the world map in Istanbul and Athens.

His reward for this was being stabbed in the back by Parry who new in October about Klinsman.

Given the restraints of shopping at Aldi he has shown a nice profit on players like momo and carson.for that he deserves credit.

When the right people get in and run the club properly he may be able to get the top players from the start.

For too many years this club has been run like a corner shop.

Macmanaman,owen,Carlsberg,Reebok,ticketing,merchandise,and too many more fuckups to mention.There lies our biggest problem!

Given all that rafa deserves a knighthood!! lol

When Rafa took over we were not even mentioned in the top group.

He also put us back on the world map in Istanbul and Athens.

His reward for this was being stabbed in the back by Parry who new in October about Klinsman.

Given the restraints of shopping at Aldi he has shown a nice profit on players like momo and carson.for that he deserves credit.

When the right people get in and run the club properly he may be able to get the top players from the start.

For too many years this club has been run like a corner shop.

Macmanaman,owen,Carlsberg,Reebok,ticketing,merchandise,and too many more fuckups to mention.There lies our biggest problem!

Given all that rafa deserves a knighthood!! lol

Although our oppinions differ on Raffa I dont think were to far apart. As for the rest of your post were both singing from the same hymm sheet. Lets just hope we get a speedy end to all this shit where in off the field and things improove on it. Its shut eye time now will keep a eye open for your future posts though.

What was our net spend this season? Anyone know where I can find that Tomkins report on how the owners have not spent any of there own money?

Teams like Sunderland have outspent this season and while Rafa should do better with his current team, I still believe he needs more money.

There were players GH bought not from a football point of view but to line his back pockets. you've named one. Who did he buy to be the eyes and ears in the dressing room. ?

Regaurdless. Raffa's baught a few who we would'nt see a return on.

Bizarre response that.

I can't think of 1 player Rafa has bought, that we'd need to loan out for the remainder of his contract, simply because no one wanted to spend money on them.

There are a few we might lose money on if we were to sell today, probably Kuyt and Pennant (I would have thought we'd get around £5m each for them) but of the others its difficult to think of one where we'd get less than we paid. Perhaps Babel, I suppose, but his fee was more about his future potential than his current value.