You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Television advice please GF...

RJ Fan club

As discussed last week my trips to the boozer are become less and less frequent. Whilst this is a piss poor situation, it does leave me with a monthly surplus. A surplus which I'm going to splurge on a nice telly.

I'm after a 32inch LCD HD ready jobby. I've got up to £600 but would prefare to spend about £500.

I've had a look on some price comparison sites, and I can find one easily in my price range. But I'm fucked if I know if they are any good. I've had a bit of a look at Samsung 32" for about £530. Seems okay, but can anyone suggest a good model and reliable retailer.

Much appreciated and thanks in advance

RJ.

my.php?image=photo0022na3.jpg

Happy time.

Regarding madstocks useful and beautiful advice, I've heard things about pixmania (dodgy french customer services) but you can probably say that for most companies.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-TOSHIBA-32-High-Defintion-Widescreen-LCD-DVD-Rec_W0QQitemZ320140163879QQihZ011QQcategoryZ3320QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Too good to be true??

I cant remember who I bought it off. It was for 599 about 18 months ago. Its not in my emails but I think thats because they never sent me an email so I was bricking it for a while!

I'm seriously considering this puppy.

Can Thants or Madstock please have a quick look over and see if there is any major problems with this purchase.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LE32R87BD-Widescreen-Ready-LCD/dp/B000O14EWA/ref=sr_1_1/203-7689746-0361529?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1185221164&sr=8-1

sorry, I have no idea how to change the link to short burst of text.

I'm not that big on TV stats and stuff but if you want to find yourself a cheap deal I'd check out http://www.Hotukdeals.com and type in tv into the search section. You should be on that site anyway

That beauty is bookmarked.

There has not really been anything on there for a while in the way of suitable tellys.

Always worth a plug for that site in any case.

Very happy with my LG 32 inch LCD. Picture is great and sound is very good too. My brother had an earlier generation LCD tv and it doesn't cope so well with colours (especially the dark) nor movement - watching football nearly made me seasick.

Make sure it is HD and make sure it has hdmi connectors to future proof it.

Do not rule out a retailer such as PC World. My tv was reduced from £900 to £600 a few months ago so that's when I decided to buy. Neither Curry's or Comet had any in stock, but PC World had a couple. I opted to get one without the correct box (it was due to be a display model, but didn't make it onto the floor becasue they were selling like hot cakes due to the price reduction). The manager let me have it for £530 becasue it was not in the original packaging (although it had never been used or 'shop soiled'). Bonus.

Features are getting better and better and prices are coming down all the time. YOu should get something decent for your budget.

Another thing I found out was that LCD sets use less power than Plasma sets, if that sort of thing concerns you.

That beauty is bookmarked.

There has not really been anything on there for a while in the way of suitable tellys.

Always worth a plug for that site in any case.

You should check out the forums, they have knowledgeable posts about what is the best sort of TV and can also advise on deals. There is far more information on the forums and some of the best deals are hidden there (my brother & a friend went to Lanzarote - flights + hotel for both of them was £120)

• 3 weeks later...

My big new telly arrived today and I'm very excited. It set up in about 2 minutes and almost like magic a larger than ever, very sweaty and scantily clad Britney Spears was beamed into my living room.

Brilliant, I love it already. I think Mrs RJ can move out now I have a new love.

now to the beach for a swim...