You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keep believing lads

WeAreTheBest

We've got to keep it tight though, should we go chasing the game from the off they'll punish us on the counter attack. Keep it tight and even going in at 0-0 half time wouldn't be a disaster.

We'll fuckin have them though, it'll be even better than 2 years ago when we come from behind to put them out

Champions of Europe - '77, '78, '81, '84, '05, '07.

Dirk:

We're on a journey to conquer the ancient world. We've triumphed in Rome, ambushed Constantinople all that is left is a win in Athenia. Socrates is waiting for Rafael at the Piraeus; the Oracle at Delphi has pronounced the holding of a party for the people of Liverpool at the Parthenon. Thrasymachus is busy pestering people with pointless debate about goal averages and points hauls. Wise men raise trophies not minutiae.

Oh give it a rest. People were asked for a preference of TWO (yes just TWO) options and gave it. For my part, see my first post on the thread about wanting 2 away goals. Nobody wanted us to lose, we were responding to a question.

And yes, we can definitely get this back. I can't wait for the snidey diving twats to arrive at Anfield on Tue.

Yep, they were asked if the preferred a defeat or a draw. Going for the defeat is mentalism. We better not win the home leg 2-1, or I'll fucking bump that thread until the final is over.

Guest TK-421
Yep, they were asked if the preferred a defeat or a draw. Going for the defeat is mentalism. We better not win the home leg 2-1, or I'll fucking bump that thread until the final is over.

It was a bit more specific than that and you know it, you're really dragging this out over nothing.

Bump it all you want. It wasn't defeatist mentality. I was convinced we'd win last night. But I, and others, were asked a hypothetical question, and we answered it. There was nothing defeatist about it. Had the question included the option that we could win 4-0 I'd have voted for that. The question was really about how people saw the value of an away goal. Suggesting that everyone who took the 2-1 option wanted us to lose last night, or that we'd be happy with it, is quite frankly mental.

Champions of Europe - '77, '78, '81, '84, '05, '07.

Dirk:

We're on a journey to conquer the ancient world. We've triumphed in Rome, ambushed Constantinople all that is left is a win in Athenia. Socrates is waiting for Rafael at the Piraeus; the Oracle at Delphi has pronounced the holding of a party for the people of Liverpool at the Parthenon. Thrasymachus is busy pestering people with pointless debate about goal averages and points hauls. Wise men raise trophies not minutiae.

Dead Man Talking.