You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool V Chelsea

Red Nick

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We owe Chelsea a result at the Bridge. Bring the mother fucking, cockney wastrels on.

I agree we should remian confident on beating Chelski, we have done it before in big names. Its the Mancs we have trouble beating!!, lets hope they get KO'd in the semi's

:thumbsup:

I agree we should remian confident on beating Chelski, we have done it before in big names. Its the Mancs we have trouble beating!!, lets hope they get KO'd in the semi's

:thumbsup:

We've got to break that jinx sometime - what better time than in the final with the world watching.

Tapir for Rafa's men ! Viva La Rafalucion !

I have no idea why anyone wouldn't be confident about playing Chelski or ManUre.

FFS, we played ManUre off the park at Anfield, and outplayed Chelski in both matches - including before Michael Ballast was sent off in the first match. I don't think ManUre are going to get by Milan anyways. Roma were sh!t, and everything ManUre touched hit the back of the net. That won't happen again.

Chelski are not the same side they were even last year, and ManUre, though good, are nowhere as good as their Premiership record states.

In a one-off on neutral ground, we can beat anyone in the world.

And don't forget, we have been Champions. We have the intangibles.

I have no idea why anyone wouldn't be confident about playing Chelski or ManUre.

FFS, we played ManUre off the park at Anfield, and outplayed Chelski in both matches - including before Michael Ballast was sent off in the first match. I don't think ManUre are going to get by Milan anyways. Roma were sh!t, and everything ManUre touched hit the back of the net. That won't happen again.

Chelski are not the same side they were even last year, and ManUre, though good, are nowhere as good as their Premiership record states.

In a one-off on neutral ground, we can beat anyone in the world.

And don't forget, we have been Champions. We have the intangibles.

United could win the treble this season - including a record points total in the league - and yet there would still be people saying that. It's nothing less than denial to suggest that United are not a superb side. They may not be one of the greatest ever, but they are still a scintillating attacking team with a great defence that has destroyed loads of teams this season, both good and bad. So they were shit against us at Anfield and we were ripped off. So what? That doesn't make them any less of a side. They are a massive obstacle for any team that faces them now, especially as I fear they are peaking at just the right moment. That demolition of Roma could give them the belief to go on and win the lot. I think we will have to be at our very best to beat them in a one-off final - assuming we even get past Chelsea who will feel they owe us in Europe.

"We were good friends until we started beating them. He has a very good relationship with all the managers he beats."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=we-3-kings--%26method=full%26objectid=18892738%26siteid=89520-name_page.html

Crank it up, Rafa lad. The Translator is under enormous pressure to win this trophy. I reckon we might see a bit of a mental meltdown from him if things get very tense after the first leg.

We can't rest players mate as we need to secure 4th place more than ever.

Sorry but true we need the League to be secured as I don't think we will win it.

What do you mean secure 4th place ? We will finish third. Arsenal will definitely drop more points with games against Chelsea, Bolton and Tottenham.

I agree that losing to the mancs will be a killer. I was talking to my missus last night about this and she basically said that they'll be thinking exactly the same. She said all the stick we gave them for winning number 5, imagine the stick we could give them we we beat THEM for number 6.

They'll be as nervous as we will.

that is if we get past chelsea

Assuming that they get past Milan of course. Make no mistakes about this Milan are a class outfit and the result is not foregone.

"We were good friends until we started beating them. He has a very good relationship with all the managers he beats."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=we-3-kings--%26method=full%26objectid=18892738%26siteid=89520-name_page.html

Very unusual that from Rafa, welcome but unusual, he doesn't usually entertain Maureen's bullshit at all..

United could win the treble this season - including a record points total in the league - and yet there would still be people saying that. It's nothing less than denial to suggest that United are not a superb side. They may not be one of the greatest ever, but they are still a scintillating attacking team with a great defence that has destroyed loads of teams this season, both good and bad. So they were shit against us at Anfield and we were ripped off. So what? That doesn't make them any less of a side. They are a massive obstacle for any team that faces them now, especially as I fear they are peaking at just the right moment. That demolition of Roma could give them the belief to go on and win the lot. I think we will have to be at our very best to beat them in a one-off final - assuming we even get past Chelsea who will feel they owe us in Europe.

I'm not saying they are not a fine side. They are a very good attacking side.

But is this one of the best team to ever play in the top flight of English football? No. They could be champions but they are also very beatable.

And if I were a betting man, I'd take Milan.

Chelsea, too, are on course for the treble, but you'd be hard pressed to convince me they're as good as they were last year.

I'm not saying they are not a fine side. They are a very good attacking side.

But is this one of the best team to ever play in the top flight of English football? No. They could be champions but they are also very beatable.

And if I were a betting man, I'd take Milan.

Chelsea, too, are on course for the treble, but you'd be hard pressed to convince me they're as good as they were last year.

Isn't that what I just said? And as for them being very beatable, they not only avoid defeat when they're playing badly - they manage to win, too. Both we and Fulham twatted them, yet they emerged from both matches with three points. That is not luck; it's character and a clinical edge: they don't give up easily and they are capable of taking any chance that comes their way. If we were so "easily beatable", we'd be Champions already.

I don't think we should fear any team as we've proved we can beat the very best - especially in knockout football. However, the dismissal of United as "not a good side" by so many Reds is just foolish, to me.

Isn't that what I just said? And as for them being very beatable, they not only avoid defeat when they're playing badly - they manage to win, too. Both we and Fulham twatted them, yet they emerged from both matches with three points. That is not luck; it's character and a clinical edge: they don't give up easily and they are capable of taking any chance that comes their way. If we were so "easily beatable", we'd be Champions already.

I don't think we should fear any team as we've proved we can beat the very best - especially in knockout football. However, the dismissal of United as "not a good side" by so many Reds is just foolish, to me.

No Paul it was luck; luck that our strikers couldn't finish a sausage sarnie that day, sounds kinda familiar that. I agree they showed a clinical edge right to the death but nobody can tell me didn't ride there luck that day.

I may be one of those reds who can be classed as dismissing them as "not a good side" although what I think I actually said was it's ours and the Chavs poor form that's handed the easiest title in years to an average manc side.

I can't remember and my head hurts.

No Paul it was luck; luck that our strikers couldn't finish a sausage sarnie that day, sounds kinda familiar that. I agree they showed a clinical edge right to the death but nobody can tell me didn't ride there luck that day.

I may be one of those reds who can be classed as dismissing them as "not a good side" although what I think I actually said was it's ours and the Chavs poor form that's handed the easiest title in years to an average manc side.

I can't remember and my head hurts.

Drew, I wrote them off myself before the season started and they have totally proved me wrong. Were it not for the fact that they may lose The Ponce and that they almost certainly won't get such great seasons out of Giggs and Scholes again, I'd be very, very worried about them for next season, too. As it is, they'll still be a major threat as they'll sign Hargreaves and a striker. However, if they get this mooted £54m for The Ponce from Real, they could also sign replacements for the two older players as well. Ferguson is a twat, but he's still a very, very clever one that has got those players exactly where he wants them.

Now your being pedantic

We win our next two games were as good as qualified

I reckon one more win and we'll be qualified but 6 more points and were defo qualified in my book

If you want pedantry Nick, look up the word "guaranteed" in the English language dictionary.