You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sack the board?

Strontium

Is it time for Moores & Parry to leave Liverpool?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for Moores & Parry to leave Liverpool?

after the last two days ecents i don't know what to think of the board which is why i voted don't know until every thing comes out into the open about why the DIC proposal was rejected or why they pulled out we just don't know anything all we're expected to do is trust the boards apprantly

Whether we dodged a bullet by not accepting the DIC bid or not, the past few days have arguably seen our club once again turned into a laughing stock in the world of football.

Is it now time for Moores and Parry to go?

No, but we will with people shouting to "sack the board". Are the people who voted yes gonna start singing this tomorrow? Give the blue cunts a good laugh that will.

I was actually looking forward to the minted Arabs taking over as we could actually get some fucking money to buy some big hitters and compete for serious silverware. The reason it fell through was down to hesitancy from Laurel and fuckin Hardy and now we are forced to consider a move by the next Malcolm Glazier. Its fucked me off big time this and in my opinion it's time for the cast of Police Acadamy (aka The Liverpool board) to step down.

From what little we know of the respective bids, it does seem as if the DIC bid is superior.

But, until we get more details as to what they really contained, we don't really know.

From what little we know (inuendo, newspaper gossip, some spin from both sides), it appears as if the Liverpool board have completely bungled their management of this process. If we do end up with the right bid, it will be by sheer luck.

But, until we know what REALLY transpired behind the scenes, we don't really know for sure.

For my part, this episode has been the proverbial straw that broke the camels back (no pun intended!). In isolation, I wouldn't say it proved incompetence. But, as others have already mentioned, with us almost letting Gerrard slip through misunderstandings, with our inability to nail down transfers Rafa was looking for, getting led around the garden bush for work permits, etc, etc - its starting to look like a pattern.

I've been comfortable with them before. Now, I'm really doubting whether my comfort was just me putting my head in the sand.

I voted for them to go. Not because they lost the DIC bid or appear to have except the American bid but because of the whole stinking way they have handled this whole affair.

We dont know the facts about what was said but we have been made to look most foolish and not for the first time. I always liked Moores. He is the type of chairman this club demands. He has however precided over too many blunders and should now take of and lets have a new man in. Take Rick with him.

I really don't know which if either deal is the best for us because in truth I just don't have enough concrete details to go on. But on the note of looking like fools, if we had been given a deadline to decide and hadn't stuck to the deadline, i'm not sure it makes us look all that weak or like fools, maybe there is some truth in Parry's mention of not being bullied. Pressured into making potentially the wrong decision... I've voted no in the poll for is it time for them to go, I don't think it is right now, maybe soon but not right now. For all the million and one fuck ups we can attribute to them over the past years they have tried, and do intend the best for us. I couldn't believe for a minute Moores is arsed about a couple of million that he's getting in interest from the bank anyway before the end of the financial year. I don't trust them very much but I trust Rafa and he has trust left in them. He'll not sell unless it's right for us, and there is someone there right for us, who really cares.

I want to clarify my 'Yes' vote. That is for Moores only. I think Parry occasionally takes his eye off the ball but overall, with a more competent Chairman he'd be much more effective. For all Moores does not shoot his mouth off, from his indecisive actions over the years, and what I've heard privately from a reliable source, I do not think he has the maturity to hold the position he does. I would not, however, question his love of the club.