You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Forgotten just how good some of their stuff is.

Been listening tonight to stuff I haven't listened to for ages

Masterplan, Live Forever, Cigarettes and Alcohol etc

Very good.

Jog on

Tune in tomorrow night when I'll report on whether Thin Lizzy are still doing it for me.

I liked Definetely Maybe when it first came out, despite the banal lyrics and the stealing of other bands tunes, but I'm not sure I could listen to Oasis anymore. Supergrass were far superior but never got the credit. There was also the fact that they were only doing what the likes of The Real People and Rain were doing, but our scouse brothers were completely ignored.

Liam Gallagher said once that the only thing wrong with the beatles is that they came from Liverpool. I think in turn the only thing wrong with Oasis is that they are mancs. Ive loved them from day one, despite the tune stealing. They gave the British music scene a kick up the arse, which was much needed. And although they came close to parody with heathen chemistry, I think their last album was spot on, the best since definitly maybe.They are mind blowing live, too. Top notch band. In my opinion!

I liked Definetely Maybe when it first came out, despite the banal lyrics and the stealing of other bands tunes, but I'm not sure I could listen to Oasis anymore. Supergrass were far superior but never got the credit. There was also the fact that they were only doing what the likes of The Real People and Rain were doing, but our scouse brothers were completely ignored.

The Real People ruled and never got the success they deserved.

The Real People ruled and never got the success they deserved.

The lead singer (Chris Griffiths) and the lad on the keyboards played my local last year drewy and they were brill. Me and me mate had seen them play before and they were buzzin' that we recognised them and ended up joining us for a beer. Top lads, really down to earth and just doing what they can to earn a decent crust. Their backing tape stuff packed in on one tune but you'd hardly have noticed, as they can play. Chris earns a good few bob from his song writing (he writes tunes for other people and he earned a fortune from Cher's One By One).

I went into detail about my encounter at the time, and if I remember rightly, Steve Horton was also a big fan.

The lead singer (Chris Griffiths) and the lad on the keyboards played my local last year drewy and they were brill. Me and me mate had seen them play before and they were buzzin' that we recognised them and ended up joining us for a beer. Top lads, really down to earth and just doing what they can to earn a decent crust. Their backing tape stuff packed in on one tune but you'd hardly have noticed, as they can play. Chris earns a good few bob from his song writing (he writes tunes for other people and he earned a fortune from Cher's One By One).

I went into detail about my encounter at the time, and if I remember rightly, Steve Horton was also a big fan.

I lived in Germany/Holland in 89/90 so was a bit disconnected from the scene.

I bought the album when I was home "window pane" and "open up your mind" blinding tracks. Got all the lads who were into the Roses, Mondays and the Weddos into them and they loved them. Outstanding lyrically and still sounds as good today as it did then.

I got into "other" music shortly after 1990 and well the rest is a blur! :whistle:

I lived in Germany/Holland in 89/90 so was a bit disconnected from the scene.

I bought the album when I was home "window pane" and "open up your mind" blinding tracks. Got all the lads who were into the Roses, Mondays and the Weddos into them and they loved them. Outstanding lyrically and still sounds as good today as it did then.

I got into "other" music shortly after 1990 and well the rest is a blur! :whistle:

Blur were good.

All true.

No it's not. Oasis pretty much single handedly got this country back into music. I personally would not be as obsessive about music as I am without them. Between 1994 and 1997 they were, for me, the most important band in my life, and one of the best rock 'n' roll bands England has ever produced.

Oasis my favourite band ever. Saw them live at Milton Keynes last year and they were fantastic. The classics, Cigarettes and Alcohol, Rock'n'Roll Star live just unbeatable. Noel and Liam are both funny as fuck in their own ways aswell.

Indeed East 17 had the song writing skills of a one Tony Mortimer, but he could never have wrote the masterpiece that is MN8's "I've Gotta Little Sumthin 4 Ya". Pure class.

I saw East 17 at the Radio One roadshow on Weston-Super-Mare beach, along with Right Said Fred.

The main purpose of this day was not, you will be surprised to hear, to engage in a fine fettle of music, but to get as absolutely shitfaced as possible, at the earliest available time. Which we managed with some aplomb.

Also, referring back ^^ somewhere, "I Should Coco" by Supergrass was infact a far better album than anything Oasis put out, and Blur were indeed fantastic, in the days before Damon Alburn crawled up his own arse.

I saw East 17 at the Radio One roadshow on Weston-Super-Mare beach, along with Right Said Fred.

The main purpose of this day was not, you will be surprised to hear, to engage in a fine fettle of music, but to get as absolutely shitfaced as possible, at the earliest available time. Which we managed with some aplomb.

Also, referring back ^^ somewhere, "I Should Coco" by Supergrass was infact a far better album than anything Oasis put out, and Blur were indeed fantastic, in the days before Damon Alburn crawled up his own arse.

Blur's last album was class so I'd say they still are fantastic.

• 5 years later...

I'm going to come back tomorrow and neg some of the absolute shite in this thread. Man.

Fucking love Oasis, their early stuff, B sides included, is fucking unreal.

[YOUTUBE]QjdJjX5poKw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]q_uoqFf_BZ4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]t_JwCg7bkFU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]vq-w_b5HO7g[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]eVVpqgCVMgk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ZzXWsX116WQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]sO7-Mf4fSPQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]bkOcPgjWPfU[/YOUTUBE]