You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Morientes: Playing for our futures

Section_31

Daily Post

Think that ship sailed a long time ago as far as Morientes and Cisse are concerned, he seems like an honest pro and i have some sympathy for him, but he surely knows he just can't hack it over here.

We should keep him.

*I am going to dig up this post in the unlikely event that he goes turbo mental goalscoring ballistic at the end of the season and then continues it for 5 seasons breaking all records.

We should keep him.

*I am going to dig up this post in the unlikely event that he goes turbo mental goalscoring ballistic at the end of the season and then continues it for 5 seasons breaking all records.

:D I'd only keep Morientes if the King of Spain asked tony blair to interveine with the FA, and pass a law that stated Morientes and ONLY Morientes was now allowed to pick the ball up on the pitch and run with it.

:D I'd only keep Morientes if the King of Spain asked tony blair to interveine with the FA, and pass a law that stated Morientes and ONLY Morientes was now allowed to pick the ball up on the pitch and run with it.

I am going to dig up that post too. non-believer. I will obviously be editing out my footnote in my original post. And that last sentence. And that one.

Bloody hell this revisionism is tricky, no wonder michael j fox is all shaky.

I am going to dig up that post too. non-believer. I will obviously be editing out my footnote in my original post. And that last sentence. And that one.

Bloody hell this revisionism is tricky, no wonder michael j fox is all shaky.

Should get a job like the 'protagonist' in 1984, sit there all day burning newspaper clippings of old stories that are no longer 'true'!

The bit that really worried me about this interview was when Moro said the following:

"I have a four-year contract here and I will be running as hard in the last year of my contract as I did in the first year."

... so we can write-off his last year, then...

The bit that really worried me about this interview was when Moro said the following:

"I have a four-year contract here and I will be running as hard in the last year of my contract as I did in the first year."

... so we can write-off his last year, then...

That was actually a type-o, he said '...I will be running as hard in the last minute of the match as i was in the first'

Paul Ince used to do that as well! Grrrr who do they think i am? Fucking Ray Charles! 'Wow look at Incey, he just clattered a 17yo full back and shook his fist at the Kop shortly before the whistle blew - he must have had a great game while i was looking at the floor, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt!'

screaming.gif

And breathe...

I dont want him to be sold, he brings a lot to the team. Goals are something he is short of, at the moment to show for, but think he has shown the passion and the willingness to work it out even when things not going his way. Something similar to Garcia, who is a very improved player this season.

Think Nando will really come out good on the scoring front would still try him out another season or atleast half. Ofcourse all will be revealed and not sure how many will agree.

I think hes a class player. He is very comfortable on the ball and gives the team an option. We are all expecting him to score as prolifically has he has done in his peak, but arent we all anticipating the same from fowler????

He has been no worse than Robbie since Robbies return, and they are both a valuable asset to the team, and the club.

The fact is times change and players move on!

I'm in George Bush mood. Just woke up that way. Only problem was picking one quote from the many classics.

I personally like the golf course quote "Were taking the threat of international terrorism seriously......Now watch this shot" or something along those lines.

I'm in George Bush mood. Just woke up that way. Only problem was picking one quote from the many classics.

The worst one was: "this would be a lot easier if it was a dictatorship - as long as i'm the dictator"

Talk about keeping your cards close to your chest eh? Hitler should have said that in 31...

He's got an IQ in the 90's apparently which is below average, whereas Clintons' was over 180 which is in the 'genius' zone. And look at their respective policies?

How can one person have so much control over such a mammoth country? Its obscene..

Lament over..

Some newish, soon-to-be classics [http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushisms.htm]:

"I like my buddies from west Texas. I liked them when I was young, I liked them then I was middle-age, I liked them before I was president, and I like them during president, and I like them after president." —George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Feb. 1, 2006

"As you can possibly see, I have an injury myself — not here at the hospital, but in combat with a cedar. I eventually won. The cedar gave me a little scratch. As a matter of fact, the Colonel asked if I needed first aid when she first saw me. I was able to avoid any major surgical operations here, but thanks for your compassion, Colonel." —George W. Bush, after visiting with wounded veterans from the Amputee Care Center of Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Jan. 1, 2006

"I think we are welcomed. But it was not a peaceful welcome." —George W. Bush, defending Vice President Dick Cheney's pre-war assertion that the United States would be welcomed in Iraq as liberators, NBC Nightly News interview, Dec. 12, 2005

"Wow! Brazil is big." —George W. Bush, after being shown a map of Brazil by Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, Brasilia, Brazil, Nov. 6, 2005

"My thoughts are, we're going to get somebody who knows what they're talking about when it comes to rebuilding cities." —George W. Bush, on rebuilding New Orleans, Biloxi, Miss., Sept. 2, 2005

"The best place for the facts to be done is by somebody who's spending time investigating it." —George W. Bush, on the probe into how CIA agent Valerie Plame's identity was leaked, Washington D.C., July 18, 2005

"I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep on the soil of a friend." —George W. Bush, on visiting Denmark, Washington D.C., June 29, 2005

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." —George W. Bush, Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

"I think younger workers — first of all, younger workers have been promised benefits the government — promises that have been promised, benefits that we can't keep. That's just the way it is." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 4, 2005

"Part of the facts is understanding we have a problem, and part of the facts is what you're going to do about it." —George W. Bush, Kirtland, Ohio, April 15, 2005

"I'm going to spend a lot of time on Social Security. I enjoy it. I enjoy taking on the issue. I guess, it's the Mother in me." —George W. Bush, Washington D.C., April 14, 2005

"In this job you've got a lot on your plate on a regular basis; you don't have much time to sit around and wander, lonely, in the Oval Office, kind of asking different portraits, 'How do you think my standing will be?'" —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 16, 2005

"In terms of timetables, as quickly as possible — whatever that means." —George W. Bush, on his time frame for shoring up Social Security, Washington D.C., March 16, 2005

"This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous. And having said that, all options are on the table." —George W. Bush, Brussels, Belgium, Feb. 22, 2005

"Because he's hiding." —George W. Bush, responding to a reporter who asked why Osama bin Laden had not been caught, aboard Air Force One, Jan. 14, 2005

"Who could have possibly envisioned an erection — an election in Iraq at this point in history?" —George W. Bush, at the white House, Washington, D.C., Jan. 10, 2005

We all wanted him when he signed, he looked nailed on to make it. Just a pity that he has not got it in the Premiership. Still think he would do well back in Spain and we would get money for him - as he is still valued there.

Not the worst signing we have made by a long way, just disappointing.