You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Agger price goes up

snez1

It isnt about us being skint, its about paying the right price for the right player.

What is the 'right price'? If a player is successful I don't think anyone cares. Man United paid £19M for Nistellroy and £27M for Rooney - were they the 'right price'? We paid £5M for Diao - was that the right price?

Its better to pay £3m more for a quality player than refuse to pay it, and go for someone less. FFS we refused to pay just 500K extra for a big talent like Walcott.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the 'right price'? If a player is successful I don't think anyone cares. Man United paid £19M for Nistellroy and £27M for Rooney - were they the 'right price'? We paid £5M for Diao - was that the right price?

Its better to pay £3m more for a quality player than refuse to pay it, and go for someone less. FFS we refused to pay just 500K extra for a big talent like Walcott.

Alonso's transfer fee.

Pardon?

Liverpool could have to Owen the summer before he left that he needed to sign a contract or suffer being on the bench. The little Englander would have shit himself in Euro 2004 year.

Instead, we let him tell us lies and lead us a merry dance.

Right then by what you have said one of the following options could have been taken:

1. He is benched due to not signing a new contract and not fucking off. Result is that his value falls dramatically and we get fuck all for him while still paying his high wages. As a further result Rashid comes onto the liverpool way forum and denounces Parry and Houllier for treating his god with such contempt.

2. Force Owen to sign contract. Problem is this is illegal.

3. Force owen to leave even though he didn't want to at the time. Problem is this is illegal.

4. Try and get him to sign a contract, but in the end get to the point where he's got to go. The only offer received is from Real who offer a paltry £8m. You are left with the choice of keeping him and hope he signs a new contract, or sell him for the £8m and use that money to get Xabi Alonso in.

Which would you have chosen rashid?

Alonso's transfer fee.

What about it? All it proves is that pay the money and you get quality. If there is a player that Rafa really rates its better to pay £2M extra and get that man rather than get someone not as good for less.

As I said, if you want quality players in a competitive market then we have to pay the price, otherwise we should look at the bargain basement.

I have no idea what the right price for a player is and neither do you. Surely if Benitez believes a player is worth a certain value then it seems that is what he is willing to pay. On the subject of Walcott, it is disapointing to know that we missed out over £500 000 BUT he is still a very young lad and how was anyone to know the impact he would have this season in a LOWER division?

Right then by what you have said one of the following options could have been taken:

1. He is benched due to not signing a new contract and not fucking off. Result is that his value falls dramatically and we get fuck all for him while still paying his high wages. As a further result Rashid comes onto the liverpool way forum and denounces Parry and Houllier for treating his god with such contempt.

2. Force Owen to sign contract. Problem is this is illegal.

3. Force owen to leave even though he didn't want to at the time. Problem is this is illegal.

4. Try and get him to sign a contract, but in the end get to the point where he's got to go. The only offer received is from Real who offer a paltry £8m. You are left with the choice of keeping him and hope he signs a new contract, or sell him for the £8m and use that money to get Xabi Alonso in.

Which would you have chosen rashid?

4. Try and get him to sign a contract, but in the end get to the point where he's got to go.

BUT A YEAR EARLIER - IT IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE

As I said, if you want quality players in a competitive market then we have to pay the price, otherwise we should look at the bargain basement.

Utter shite.

It isnt a case of top or bottom and nothing in between and Rafa has proven you dont have to spend excessive amounts of money to unearth a gem of a player.

I have no idea what the right price for a player is and neither do you. Surely if Benitez believes a player is worth a certain value then it seems that is what he is willing to pay. On the subject of Walcott, it is disapointing to know that we missed out over £500 000 BUT he is still a very young lad and how was anyone to know the impact he would have this season in a LOWER division?

Walcott has been chased by every club in the land for years, £500K? Thats Cheyrou's wages for 15 weeks.... and we would have had a bright young right winger - a player we need.

We were also made to look like idiots in the Owen and Figo situations, we tried to be clever and looked silly.

Rafa has been brilliant with no funds, in September we were just desperate to get to Jan in tact, just hope we get the players.

4. Try and get him to sign a contract, but in the end get to the point where he's got to go.

BUT A YEAR EARLIER - IT IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE

If its that easy then why are you sat behind a computer on a forum rather than raking in miilions as teh CEO of a multi-million pound company? Or do you just have a lot of days off?

Why should the board have had to force Owen to sign? Why shouldnt they have believed him when he said he would sign?

But the player didn't want to leave then. So what do you do then?

If we started the chasing a year earlier his "has to go stage" would have come earlier, the fans would have got pissed off and little Mikey would have feared for hos 2004 place. FFS he even signed for Newcastle due to the World Cup!!

It was handled wrong.

Utter shite.

It isnt a case of top or bottom and nothing in between and Rafa has proven you dont have to spend excessive amounts of money to unearth a gem of a player.

What gems are they then?

Sissoko was no secret and we paid the going rate for an up and coming player, who else?

Rafa paid cheap money for Alonso, other that that he has paid the going rate for players. If he wants to go for the next step up, he will have competition and will have to pay the money.

Walcott has been chased by every club in the land for years, £500K? Thats Cheyrou's wages for 15 weeks.... and we would have had a bright young right winger - a player we need.

No he isnt. We need someone with experience of playing at a higher level, somebody that is a more finished player. Walcott is neither of these. He would have been a nice signing, one for the future but he certainly isnt what we NEED right now.

No he isnt. We need someone with experience of playing at a higher level, somebody that is a more finished player. Walcott is neither of these. He would have been a nice signing, one for the future but he certainly isnt what we NEED right now.

So are the 9 kids we signed in the past year then?

Walcott was a cock up. Simple.

What about it? All it proves is that pay the money and you get quality. If there is a player that Rafa really rates its better to pay £2M extra and get that man rather than get someone not as good for less.

How many people knew that much about Alonso? Trust me if United, Arsenal, Chelsea or Newcastle knew what Rafa knew about Alonso we would have had to pay a lot more for him. The probability that no one really had that faith or knowledge on what he can do meant we didn't have a bidding war. Alonso's transfer fee was fair for a player like him; a bidding war with other clubs would have made it huge.

What gems are they then?

Sissoko was no secret and we paid the going rate for an up and coming player, who else?

Rafa paid cheap money for Alonso, other that that he has paid the going rate for players. If he wants to go for the next step up, he will have competition and will have to pay the money.

So you had heard of Sissoko and knew how good he was then?

Alonso, Garcia, Reina, Crouch and throw in all the young lads and probably all cost less together than Rooney did, and I know which Id rather have, as good as Rooney is.

Rash, for the life of me, I can't work out why you do this. What are you so angry about, mate? If it was broke, I could understand why you'd be raging against the status quo, but it ain't. Have a look in the trophy cabinet and then have a look at what's happening on the pitch. I can't see an awful lot wrong. So why are you going off on one, pissing everyone else off and bringing a pile of shite down on your own head? I've never known anyone so self-defeating in my life.

Chill the fuck out, mate. It's deffo time for you to log off for an hour and go and do something else. Go out for a walk with Mrs Rash, or something, but stop this utterly senseless ranting.

How many people knew that much about Alonso? Trust me if United, Arsenal, Chelsea or Newcastle knew what Rafa knew about Alonso we would have had to pay a lot more for him. The probability that no one really had that faith or knowledge on what he can do meant we didn't have a bidding war. Alonso's transfer fee was fair for a player like him; a bidding war with other clubs would have made it huge.

Man United were quoted £20M for Alonso a year earlier, they then bought Rooney that year so couldn't get Xabi when we were in for him. Fergie said this on TV so its not even speculation. We got Xabi cos of Rafa/Paco - no other reason and got him cheap.

Those 9 probably didn't cost £3.5m between them.

Rashid, if you think it is so simple why don't you send your cv into David Moores?

I am probably also correct that you were a big advocate of the likes of Van der Vaart etc. But where are some of those now?

Man United were quoted £20M for Alonso a year earlier, they then bought Rooney that year so couldn't get Xabi when we were in for him. Fergie said this on TV so its not even speculation. We got Xabi cos of Rafa/Paco - no other reason and got him cheap.

So the right price for the right player then.

FFS. I agreed that it was disapointing to miss out on Walcott but what you cant get into your thick clueless lump of shit you call a brain is that I said I dont think Walcott was and is NEEDED. He isnt ready to come into the first team and change us dramatically, yet. He is a player I would want at the club though as he has massive potential.

There is a difference between want and need.

Rash, for the life of me, I can't work out why you do this. What are you so angry about, mate? If it was broke, I could understand why you'd be raging against the status quo, but it ain't. Have a look in the trophy cabinet and then have a look at what's happening on the pitch. I can't see an awful lot wrong. So why are you going off on one, pissing everyone else off and bringing a pile of shite down on your own head? I've never known anyone so self-defeating in my life.

Chill the fuck out, mate. It's deffo time for you to log off for an hour and go and do something else. Go out for a walk with Mrs Rash, or something, but stop this utterly senseless ranting.

It takes us an eternity to sign a player, we then complain when other teams come in and snatch them from us!! I just think Rafa deserves more that after what he has been through with transfers.

We must have the least 'go get him' CEO in history!