You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone see the Echo today and Chris Bascombe's column?

RSM

Anyone see the Echo today and Chris Bascombe's column? He said January is going to be interesting not just in terms of transfer dealing but in terms of stadium and shirt deal. He suggests that progress has been made on the Agger deal over the last few days with the club hoping to conclude a deal next week. Also there's this:

"Aside from expectations surrounding transfer business, significant developments off the pitch are predicted. Talks regarding stadium and shirt sponsorship are areas which are understood to have proved most fruitful. One would imagine any announcements on that score will be made before the AGM due in January, which is currently destined to prove far more enjoyable for chairman David Moores than it would have been 2 months ago."

"There will be those who may argue the recent superb run means the urgency for new recruits is no longer what it was, Benitez doesn't see it this way, which is why Parry accepts this is destined to become the busiest January the club has known. Within the squad at least 4 players could arrive, and surprising departures still can't be ruled out. The window opens tommorrow, but preparation for January 1st has been ongoing since last August. In some cases even longer."

"The next four weeks may yet prove the key to ensuring his greatest achievement as chairman is still yet to come"

nicked from rawk

I saw something about money from Adidas, which surprised me as i thought it was just them buying rebok and we were switching, rather than us getting any money out of it.

Saw the same, something on Ceefax. 130m was mentioned ?? (But, it was the NOTW's quote). Best not to get too excited.

Interesting. Two of the players coming in are obviously Kromkamp and Agger. One of the others will no doubt be a right winger. So, perhaps the "surprising" departure might prove to be Cisse after all, with another striker coming in...

Can't see why we would sell JAR. He's first choice left back now for me. Traore on the other hand is a possibility..

True, Djimi is history....got his minutes yesterday just as a tribute...bye-bye Djimi......

Dudek will almostly certainly leave, and I think everyone will have a good word for him when he does. Same with Djimi, to be fair. They have both put in some dodgy performances during their time here, but Istanbul was their redemption, and if they achieve nothing else in the game they'll always have that to look back on. They both seem like good lads and good pros too.

I have to say that my first thoughts were about Djimi when I read that. If he goes, I'll be really disappointed, but there's no point keeping a player deemed surplus to requirements (if thjat is the case).

Having said that, I reckon any of these could go:

Jerzy, JAR, His Lordship, Lil' Luis, Didi, Nando, The Pong, Ste Warnock and TBM.

It'd be quite surprising if Nando or Lil' Luis went, but I wouldn't put anything past Rafa; he's the arch pragmatist. If he thinks something is in the club's best interests, he'll do it. Sentiment is not in his vocabulary.