You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Musk

5 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

It's funny how free speech was always something that the left fought for, and now the left want to control what everyone can say. I think the traditional left & right are defunct.

Just missing that wee bit of how Elon Musk is in any way part of "THE LEFT".

• Upvote 1

Yea, but Tik Tok:

Conservative Brazilians heaped praise Sunday on Elon Musk at a rally in support of far-right former President Jair Bolsanaro, whose legal troubles are mounting in tandem with the billionaire entrepreneur’s feud with the South American nation’s Supreme Court.

“Brazil Thanks Elon Musk,” read one giant sign in English at the rally alongside Copacabana beach in the seaside city of Rio de Janeiro. Thousands of die-hard supporters of Bolsonaro attended.

Musk, a self-declared free speech absolutist, is a target in an ongoing investigation over the dissemination of fake news by supporters of Bolsonaro. Musk said the social platform X wouldn’t comply with a high court justice’s order to remove certain accounts accused of spreading disinformation.

“He is the man who really preserves true freedom for all of us,” said Bolsonaro, who is himself under investigation for a plethora of crimes ranging from aiding an effort to overturn the 2022 election results and plotting a coup against his leftist successor, Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva.

On 13/04/2024 at 07:29, Spy Bee said:

It's funny how free speech was always something that the left fought for, and now the left want to control what everyone can say. I think the traditional left & right are defunct.

Getthefuckouttahere!

I still think one of the main issues here is that he bought one of the Democrats favourite toys and then carried out the crime of saying he might be voting Republican. I'm not saying he's not a danger to democracy, he surely is being one of the richest on the planet and owning twitter with all of the agendas he has. If he'd have been talking about his support for Democrats though a lot of that danger would still exist but I don't think we'd be reading anywhere near as much about it.

Chart is from 2018.

Screenshot (325).png

He's one of those malevolent autistic types is Musk. My IT degree was packed to the brim with them. In the outside world they were bantha fodder, in their own sphere of expertise they ruled and were rude and dismissive with it. Quick to sneer and deride, thought nobody could match their computer knowledge (although in truth nobody else cared), total twats. I'd love to take his noise cancelling headphones and his alphabetised collection of tea towels and shove them RIGHT up his arse.

As for the modern right/left debate.

It's a load of bollocks though now what's being defined as "the right", it's like comparing Liz Truss to Thatcher. You could hold a gun to Trump, Truss, and that chainsaw helmet in the Falklands and asked them what their policies were and it would be to singularly overachieve and grift with the help of morons.

If Musk was peddling stuff like "we need lower taxes and smaller government" etc, or "free enterprise is the key to freedom" type patter, fair enough.

But he's not, he's giving voice to conspiracy nuts and barmpots.

This is the biggest rabbit hole we've gone down as a culture, it provably all started with having farage on question time every 10 minutes, the idea that all opinions are equally valid. It's not true.

"We need a planned economy vs free markets are great" are valid counter opinions worthy of debate.

"The deep state/press/big pharma/Ukraine are the source of society's ills and various mental despots are the cure - is not".

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, Section_31 said:

He's one of those malevolent autistic types is Musk. My IT degree was packed to the brim with them. In the outside world they were bantha fodder, in their own sphere of expertise they ruled and were rude and dismissive with it. Quick to sneer and deride, thought nobody could match their computer knowledge (although in truth nobody else cared), total twats. I'd love to take his noise cancelling headphones and his alphabetised collection of tea towels and shove them RIGHT up his arse.

It's a load of bollocks though now what's being defined as "the right", it's like comparing Liz Truss to Thatcher. You could hold a gun to Trump, Truss, and that chainsaw helmet in the Falklands and asked them what their policies were and it would be to singularly overachieve and grift with the help of morons.

If Musk was peddling stuff like "we need lower taxes and smaller government" etc, or "free enterprise is the key to freedom" type patter, fair enough.

This is the biggest rabbit hole we've gone down as a culture, it provably all started with having farage on question time every 10 minutes, the idea that all opinions are equally valid. It's not true.

"We need a planned economy vs free markets are great" are valid counter opinions worthy of debate.

"The deep state/press/big pharma/Ukraine are the source of society's ills and various mental despots are the cure - is not".

Balance for the sake of balance. Usually just the BBCs justification for trying to grab viewing numbers by having freaks on question time etc.

It started when they let nick griffin on and he shat the bed. Justified all the "let them hang themselves" cretins who overlooked that the crackpots just needed to be more well prepared crackpots to fly under the radar.

12 hours ago, Section_31 said:

The biggest rabbit hole the world is in danger of disappearing into is Israel/Zionism and Israeli/Zionism influence, which Musk is on board with and a part of.  Everything else is small chips in comparison. 

On 13/04/2024 at 14:29, Spy Bee said:

This is refreshing to see on here. 

Tesla reported on Tuesday that it made significantly less money in the first three months of the year because of its tepid car sales, reinforcing concern among investors that the company led by Elon Musk is losing ground in the market for electric vehicles.

Profit fell 55 percent, to $1.1 billion, from the first quarter of 2023, the company said. And revenue fell 9 percent, to $21.3 billion.

“We really should be thought of as an AI-robotics company,” Musk said. “If you value Tesla as just an auto company, it’s just the wrong framework. If somebody doesn’t believe that Tesla will solve autonomy, I think they should not be an investor in the company.”

and they have just laid off 2600+ employees:

Tesla will be laying off nearly 2,700 employees at its Gigafactory Texas.

The information comes from a Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) notice, which was sent to the Texas Workforce Commission and Austin Mayor Kirk Watson. 

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/tesla-layoffs-gigafactory-texas-warn-notice

smells musky