You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So who should be our next manager?

1 minute ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I'll admit I know nothing about him but my concern is that names like his inevitably end up in articles that read "........who was appointed in 2024 was sacked by the midlands club after just 10 months in charge. He will be replaced by his assistant manager Alan Irvine until the end of the season".

We should cut our the middleman and just give it to Alan Irvine. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dave D said:

In all honesty, I think any appointment will prove to be comparatively "temporary" given the way the Premier League/Media seems to work- unless you get really lucky as we did with Klopp and everything aligns

But their's temporary in a we've appointed you and it didn't work out or it burned bright but ended quickly way and theirs temporary in a caretaker seeing you through the season while we wait for someone else way.

No serious club would take the second approach and theirs no shame in trying and getting it wrong if you've done everything you can for the things you can control.

If its Baldy slot fucking Edwards should explain every single fucking metric why its this guy other than him being cheap as fuck and so mindboggingly shocked he's somehow manager of Liverpool he will bow and suck off Edwards at every opportunity. He looks like the guy from the shield after he's been dipped in lemon juice. Unpopular choice! Jeez. Second in the league with Feyenord, runner up in the conference league. Edwards can piss off with his hipster shit.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

But there's temporary in a we've appointed you and it didn't work out or it burned bright but ended quickly way and theirs temporary in a caretaker seeing you through the season while we wait for someone else way.

No serious club would take the second approach and theirs no shame in trying and getting it wrong if you've done everything you can for the things you can control.

Theres no shame in getting wrong- just an awkward meeting with FSG accountants after the pay offs and transfer fees/wages on players you probably no longer want.

Obviously they will be working the numbers/data etc to do all they can to get it right but Edwards strikes me as the kind of guy who, if he got an inkling that someone he likes will be available in years time, for whatever reason, I could see him waiting.       

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If its Baldy slot fucking Edwards should explain every single fucking metric why its this guy other than him being cheap as fuck and so mindboggingly shocked he's somehow manager of Liverpool he will bow and suck off Edwards at every opportunity. He looks like the guy from the shield after he's been dipped in lemon juice. Unpopular choice! Jeez. Second in the league with Feyenord, runner up in the conference league. Edwards can piss off with his hipster shit.

Aye, there is that.

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Will I put you down as an ‘unsure’ or a ‘maybe’? 

19 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

That's absolutely absurd to say he is doing worse than expected at Brighton.

They have 9 pts in their last 9 league games. Their form is getting worse, and they are sliding down the table. They will probably finish somewhere between 11th and 13th. 

Where did you think Brighton would finish at the start of the season?

Do you think that is worthy of getting the Liverpool job?

And the hair, fucking hell, the hair!

3 minutes ago, Razoray said:

They have 9 pts in their last 9 league games. Their form is getting worse, and they are sliding down the table. They will probably finish somewhere between 11th and 13th. 

Where did you think Brighton would finish at the start of the season?

Do you think that is worthy of getting the Liverpool job?

And the hair, fucking hell, the hair!

Oh no, Brighton finishing between 11th and 13th, the horror. 

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Oh no, Brighton finishing between 11th and 13th, the horror. 

No, not for Brighton but for a team managed by a prospective Liverpool manager, then yes, pretty fucking horrific. 

55 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

His personality, relationship with players and fans as well as the emphasis on tactical innovation and youth development described in the video would be obvious plus points (and ticks in the Liverpool manager must have box)

His influence over 'front office' might be counter to what we have although Hughes has said in the past that the manager is the first and last point of call when it comes to transfers and his job is all the bits in between.

Let's not start a thread for him and jinx it.

I assume I’m one of the few to watch this.

All the coaches we are linked with sound the same - attacking football, win the ball back high, intensity, successful on smaller budgets, promotes youth. 

With our current squad, 4-2-3-1 sounds preferable to 3-4-3.

From that video, I like the fact he seems to make connections with the players and supporters like Klopp does. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Razoray said:

No, not for Brighton but for a team managed by a prospective Liverpool manager, then yes, pretty fucking horrific. 

The point is to get someone who could be a great manager. If it's just picking the person with the best achievements, it should be real easy.

De Zerbi is thought of as someone who could be a great manager. You don't like him, we get it. You don't have to pretend Brighton should have finished in the top 4 this season for him to be any good.