You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp: Stepping down at the end of the season

dandyman

1 minute ago, redinblack said:

Fuck Them

Exactly. This day was always going to come. 

We were ecstatic when Ferguson went. It's part of supporting a football team - your rivals take the piss when things go wrong.

Anyhow, I hope that they brought Alan Hansen and he pranked them that he was the new boss.  

• Upvote 1

I was gonna say hopefully the players have known since November, and their performances show that they will fight on.

But then someone here pointed out how Trent, Mo, Virg have all not signed new deals :(

Just now, ZonkoVille77 said:

An absolute cunt of a time to announce it, by the way. Right in the middle of fighting on all fronts. Makes little sense. 

Unless some cunt got wind of it and wanted to expose it? Or FSG getting up to shenanigans behind the scenes.... Who knows. 

The timing stinks. 

Agree, cannot get my head around it. The club can plan in secret, if he informed the owners back in Nov and kept it a secret, next 3 months wouldn't have been an issue. 

If the club wanted Xabi, again, that could have been done secretly too. 

On the one hand I'm gutted, but I don't begrudge him a rest whatsoever. I'm 55 and I never thought I'd see the level of success we had under Paisley and Fagan again. He gave me that and if we win the Europa we will have won the lot with him. And that's pretty fucking awesome. Also a great man to boot. If he needs the rest then he needs the rest. He'd make a superb pundit because he loves the game, and is always fair about other managers and players and the job they're doing.

Hopefully, with Ancelotti having signed a new deal at Madrid, we've moved for Alonso before Utd bin bag Ten Hag.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Awful news.

Without having watched the interview, I can't say I'm thrilled about the timing. It could work in our favour but could also derail our season & give Abu Dhabi a huge boost going into the business end of the season.

Whatever happens, Klopp goes down as one of the greats.

1 minute ago, rubble-rouser said:

Exactly. This day was always going to come. 

We were ecstatic when Ferguson went. It's part of supporting a football team - your rivals take the piss when things go wrong.

Anyhow, I hope that they brought Alan Hansen and he pranked them that he was the new boss.  

Was that actually true? I’ve only ever heard Bruce tell that story and you need to take everything he says with a mountain of salt. 

1 minute ago, Mook said:

Awful news.

Without having watched the interview, I can't say I'm thrilled about the timing. It could work in our favour but could also derail our season & give Abu Dhabi a huge boost going into the business end of the season.

Whatever happens, Klopp goes down as one of the greats.

Maybe the players already know? 

Shit. Thats devastating and is an absolute body blow to the club. Reminds me of the morning the Kenny news broke out of nowhere in 91.  I would assume someone was going to leak it so they had to bring it out now as the timing is atrocious.

I would imagine we'll feel this pretty quickly as he is a miracle worker in terms of getting more out of the team that what should be possible.  A punt on Xabi or De Zebri is probably as good as we can do. No matter what happens we'll be far weaker.  He is the best thing to happen to the club in a long long time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I know its a bit conspiracy theory, but I remember he said that if we went down the Netflix documentary route, he would leave.  there's been reports that FSG have been talking to TV companies.

Deffo something gone on I reckon, he has made a big play of Liverpool 2.0 and how it has reinvigorated everything, and then to announce he is going?