You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Mo In Our Top 5 Greatest Ever Players?

Bjornebye

Is Mo In Our Top 5 Greatest Ever Players?   

72 members have voted

1. 1. Is Mo In Our Top 5 Greatest Ever Players?

5 hours ago, Grinch said:

Chief cuck is just doing his usual thing.  He put Salah in his own top five and mentioned Mane below him along with Coutinho.  McManaman of course was a better player both for us and elsewhere then the Brazilian.

So what exactly was the cuck wum arguing about.

There isn’t  a list on any players, hence why I didn’t say 1, 2, 3 etc…

As usual, you’re acting like a fucking clueless, snide, dickhead.

Chief Cuck? Looking Ok so far aren’t we….

If the criterion is "at their peak," then Suarez probably is our best player ever, full stop. The first half of that 2013 season he was the best player on the planet, and that was with Messi and Ronaldo in their primes.

But since I think the question is "greatest ever Liverpool players," then Suarez can't get in, simply because he left after 3.5 seasons, and it's not like we won a huge trophy haul while he was here. If he'd stayed and finished his career playing under Klopp, he'd probably be seen as one of the best players ever to play in England and we'd have won the league and CL multiple times.

As to the question about Salah, I think he's in there ahead of Barnes at this point, but it's debatable. Gerrard and Dalglish the only two you'd have to put ahead of him, could argue a while about where he falls among Rush, Barnes, Hansen, and Souness, maybe one or two others.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I'd say that I feel sorry for you but having recently come back from a holiday in Sarigerme I'd definitely swap being able to access mushy peas for living where you are now.

Glad you enjoyed mate. Nice beach.

We where at a charity night at a hotel just outside of the town a couple of weeks ago.

One of the things that’s baffling me most about this thread is that, for many, Souness either isn’t regarded as a ‘top five’ choice or scrapes into a few lists. 

For me, the top three is Dalglish, Gerrard, Souness. The debate is all around who makes the final two places, which is where the real difficulty lies. 

• Upvote 2

Posted it elsewhere yesterday....Salah will mobe into top 10 of PL era goalscorers around Christmas or maybe earlier of this season.

Of that top 10 only Kane, Aguero and Henry have a better goals per min played record.

He's also already top 20 in the assists list.

And of course he was been a massive part of winning every major honour in his time with us - none of the 3 players in top 10 scorers list with a better mins per goal record in PL can say they have done that in their time in PL.

Quite the record the lad has.

You can see that most of the picks are forwards, which reveals a bias towards players that excited. Most top 5 players will be picked from the attacking side of the pitch. Some of the players mentioned weren't in the top 3 players in the world in their position. This becomes more of a favourite 5 rather than a best 5, or best for Liverpool list. 

Souness, Hansen, Clemence were world class and were among the best players in a team that won multiple European cups. 

Fowler could have been remembered as world class, but his career after the first bad injury at such a young age, was a level below that. 

Mane was an excellent player but a monster who could do big things in huge games to turn a game our way. McManaman also had this ability but did it far less consistently for us.

I think that a best 11 lineup, makes it easier to identify our best players.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Razoray said:

You can see that most of the picks are forwards, which reveals a bias towards players that excited. Most top 5 players will be picked from the attacking side of the pitch. Some of the players mentioned weren't in the top 3 players in the world in their position. This becomes more of a favourite 5 rather than a best 5, or best for Liverpool list. 

Souness, Hansen, Clemence were world class and were among the best players in a team that won multiple European cups. 

Fowler could have been remembered as world class, but his career after the first bad injury at such a young age, was a level below that. 

Mane was an excellent player but a monster who could do big things in huge games to turn a game our way. McManaman also had this ability but did it far less consistently for us.

I think that a best 11 lineup, makes it easier to identify our best players.

Impossible to include all of our great forwards without ending up with an unbalanced side though.

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

Impossible to include all of our great forwards without ending up with an unbalanced side though.

Yep but I suppose my point is that it forces us to think about the other aspects of being top class if we can only use 3 forwards in the list

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

One of the things that’s baffling me most about this thread is that, for many, Souness either isn’t regarded as a ‘top five’ choice or scrapes into a few lists. 

For me, the top three is Dalglish, Gerrard, Souness. The debate is all around who makes the final two places, which is where the real difficulty lies. 

Yep, the only difference is I’d have Souness in 2nd and Gerrard 3rd. Souness, even when sitting in a top 10, is still being criminally under appreciated. There was no one to touch him for 6 years. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I think Ray Kennedy is the most underrated and overlooked player in our history.

In terms of all-time 11 he is probably unlucky that Barnes came along a few years later and was better/more exciting.

Kennedy could be silky and tough as nails at the same time. Scored and created too. Great player. 

• Upvote 1

The most underrated player in Liverpool's history is Chris Lawler. A truly superb fullback.

Ray Kennedy was also absolutely fantastic.

Graeme Souness is the greatest midfielder this country has ever produced and second only to Socrates as the greatest of all time.

• Upvote 3