You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

European Cup Final: Internazionale vs Abu Dhabi Oilers (Atatūrk Stadium, Instanbul, June 10, 8pm)

1 hour ago, coachpotato said:

I fear you’ll be spot on with that prediction.

Hope not obviously.

Might throw a tenner on them, just as a desperation mockerer.

Seems with a tenner of anyone's money if it works. And if not you'll have won a quid or something. 

I had BBC breakfast on this morning. It was heartbreaking watching them in taksim square. I'm absolutely gutted we were so shit this season. We should have dealt with Madrid, knocked these cunts out in the semi and been there now.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It seems that even the bookies are a bit underwhelmed by this game. Usually CL finals have offers and free bets galore but I haven't seen too much of a build up to this one.

It might just be me / us but I think there is a general apathy around the game full stop. 

Everybody thinks they are going to win, likely reasonably comfortably. More and more are coming to the realisation (or at least the possibility) that their Mancini / Pellegríni success is on the back on cheating (I don’t think any of the charges are against Guardiola’s tenure…).

Nobody believes they are the club in the world with biggest revenue. Everybody can see the Ethiad isn’t close to being full every week. Everybody knows they basically give tickets away to make up the numbers. Everybody can see they don’t sell out FA Cup Semi Finals against their biggest on-pitch rivals etc etc etc.

They don’t even play exciting football anymore. There isn’t the emotional blood and thunder we play with. It’s all very cold, almost mathematical / scientific in its meticulously execution - death by a thousand cuts (or in this cases, passes). 

Looking through social media, which could be down to whole I follow, apart from journalists at the game, you’d barely know it’s being played tonight.

West Ham winning on Wednesday will end up being a bigger story than City winning tonight. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mook said:

I thought they were shite in the FA Cup Final last week, if they play like that, Inter may have a chance.

Having said that, I'll be turning it off when they go 1-0 up in the fourth minute.

I don’t agree. 

They weren’t at their best, they were comfortably better than the mancs (remember, the 3rd best side in the league who beat them in their last meeting…) and should have won by a significantly wider margin. 

It was absolute men, more accurately PEP-Bots, against boys. 

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I hope inter get the biggest and best shithouse win ever. With a dodgy var pen. Sadly these cunts will win about 5-0, I expect the mostn one-sided final of modern times.  

While I agree, if they are going to win, I don’t think this is a bad outcome. I’m already resigned to it happening. 

They’ve already hammered Bayern 3-0 and Madrid 4-0. Another huge win in the final will get more footballer supporters to see them for what they are - cheats who have gotten side who have gotten away with it. 

The more people who rally against them the better. If they win easy tonight, I bet the presidents of Bayern, Madrid and Inter all reference foul play. 

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

There was 8 of them on my flight to Dalaman if that helps. Very subdued and looking as plastic as the flag one of them had.

These occasions are totally wasted on them. Such a shame that a club like this is in the big one. Totally wasted.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

to see them for what they are - cheats who have gotten side who have gotten away with it. 

The more people who rally against them the better. If they win easy tonight, I bet the presidents of Bayern, Madrid and Inter all reference foul play. 

The thing is... it's the club that are cheats... not the players themselves.

The players are just good players, not cheats.

Mounting a case against good players - to label those players "cheats", when they are not - is a tough ask.

People, commentators, football lovers LOVE De Bruyne, Haaland and Gundagai (or whatever his name is, I don't even know!)... just like they loved our good players in the 70s and 80s.

This case against City ON-FIELD is not as easy to prosecute as we think, I think.

The players are just pawns in the game, but as the club they represent are cheats, they themselves for representing that club and its cheating are complicit in the cheating and therefore cheats. They take the money from the club that the club has through cheating.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

The players are just pawns in the game, but as the club they represent are cheats, they themselves for representing that club and its cheating are complicit in the cheating and therefore cheats.

Sure, but do you think that's the way it is conflated, among spectators and pundits?

Oh, they're just players plying their trade.

And then worse, there's this supposed "indifference" to tonight's game.  

Indifference will stir up nothing in the way of activism.

They're here to stay this mob.

As are Newcastle, on the "rise".

The side that loses out most to them recently, us, and our supporters, sure, we'll whine and protest against them.

But of course, what happens when Liverpool people do that?

"Always the victims", that's what.

1 minute ago, s(k)aturation said:

The thing is... it's the club that are cheats... not the players themselves.

The players are just good players, not cheats.

Mounting a case against good players - to label those players "cheats", when they are not - is a tough ask.

People, commentators, football lovers LOVE De Bruyne and Gundagai - or whatever his name is (I don't even know!) - just like they loved our good players in the 70s and 80s.

This case against City ON-FIELD is not as easy to prosecute as we think, I think.

I get where you’re coming from and I think that’s fair enough. 

Whatever we can say about City, Guardiola is a phenomenal coach who is constantly evolving, they play incredibly intricate & precise football and have some wonderfully talented footballers. 

I don’t think any of that is up for debate. 

I think / hope that more football fans start to put 2 + 2 together for the other stuff.

How can they have the most revenue more than Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man Utd etc on the back of 10-12 years success?

How can they collect millions in sponsorship from a Abu Dhabi based betting company that has <50 Twitter followers?

How can they have the most revenue when they can’t fill their ground most weeks and they give a % away to anybody who asks? 

Etc etc etc.

If this type of off field stuff now is questionable, what more have they done when they were actually charged, found guilty & fined in 2014? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

Sure, but do you think that's the way it is conflated, among spectators and pundits?

Oh, there just players plying their trade.

And then worse, there's this supposed "indifference" to tonight's game.  

Indifference will stir up nothing in the way of activism.

They're here to stay this mob.

As our Newcastle, on the "rise".

Oh i see your point and yeah what you say isn't wrong - and sadly yeah they and newcastle and whoever is next are here to stay.

I feel it will all only become something that really starts to be spoken about properly and ultimately dealt with once we reach a point where nobody else gets even a whiff of success - and lets be honest we are not far away from that now....they are close to grinding everybody into the ground.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

I get where you’re coming from and I think that’s fair enough. 

Whatever we can say about City, Guardiola is a phenomenal coach who is constantly evolving, they play incredibly intricate & precise football and have some wonderfully talented footballers. 

I don’t think any of that is up for debate. 

I think / hope that more football fans start to put 2 + 2 together for the other stuff.

How can they have the most revenue more than Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man Utd etc on the back of 10-12 years success?

How can they collect millions in sponsorship from a Abu Dhabi based betting company that has <50 Twitter followers?

How can they have the most revenue when they can’t fill their ground most weeks and they give a % away to anybody who asks? 

Etc etc etc.

If this type of off field stuff now is questionable, what more have they done when they were actually charged, found guilty & fined in 2014? 

Unquestionable.

But will it be questioned?  By "football purists"?

The 'fact' they report a larger revenue than us and the mancs is absolutely fucking unreal...

I have literally never met a man city fan or saw someone in a man city shirt for example outside of manchester/greater manchester....You see lfc and manc shirts everywhere you go north, south, east and west...

Oh i am sure they are starting to pick up 'fans' from all over, but they are nowhere near the scale of us or the mancs - yet here they are the biggest revenue generating football club on the planet.....fuck off.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Seems with a tenner of anyone's money if it works. And if not you'll have won a quid or something. 

I had BBC breakfast on this morning. It was heartbreaking watching them in taksim square. I'm absolutely gutted we were so shit this season. We should have dealt with Madrid, knocked these cunts out in the semi and been there now.

I put a two 'insurance' bets on them to win before the season started. I cashed out one where there was only £20 win difference, but the other £100 bet has a £204 cashout, and £240 win. I want to cash out but can't bring myself to remove the mockering factor.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

Unquestionable.

But will it be questioned?  By "football purists"?

After they won the league, Carra and Neville had a big chat about it on MNF and how their success has a dark cloud over it. 

There are more and more articles coming out about them and the apathy they are creating.

Unfortunately, BBC had their tongue so far up Guardiola’s hoop last week, they could taste what he had for lunch. 

When they are beating Stoke, Watford, Sunderland, Villa, even ourselves, Arsenal and Spurs, in domestic cup finals, everybody shrugs it off. 

It was all a big joke when they were pipping us to the title. All laugh a Liverpool - hahahaha, they’ll never win the league again.

Now Arsenal have had a great season and not won it. They’ve beat the mancs, the 3rd best side in the country (!) without getting out of 2nd gear in the FA Cup Final.

Nobody is / was surprised at either outcome and the eventually straight forward way they claimed both trophies. 

I think the tide is slowly turning on them. A big win tonight will accelerate that.

11 hours ago, s(k)aturation said:

Yeah, good luck askng that old slag for a noncey pink gin tomorrow night, C..T.

No luck needed. I went in there after I got back from Southampton, last game of the season. I drank 8 pink gin and lemo’s between 10:15pm and 12am. A couple of them were doubles. 

Although at about 11pm I noticed that she’d taken the Gordon’s Gin off the wall and was pouring something else into it. I’d like to think it was just a cheaper pink gin but I couldn’t say with any real confidence. 

4 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

I'm such a fucking nuisance, @Captain Turdseye, eh ?

How's your vape, your pink gin and you're fucking tuppence  "Love Me Tender" shaping up tonight?

Shaping up lovely, mate. I was child free last night (still am), just rolled out of bed at half 12 and now I’m gonna lie in the garden and get stoned for a bit.