You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Arsenal - 9 April at 16.30

Anubis

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

All the linesman has to do is pull his arm away if he’s not happy that Robbo has touched him. He has no need to raise his elbow. 

"I felt a touch and it was a reflex natural self defence action, we are all on high alert at present - the safety of officials and players is paramount"....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Caramac said:

imTBZgt.gif

Looked like some sort of gym monkey who tones up to impress the guys. Andy must have smudged his spray tan. The prick needs a lengthy ban for that his actions. These officials are starting to believe that they are actually of some importance to the game. They are lower than vermin.

• Downvote 3

26 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

No chance they try to brush that lino's actions under the rug. 

It was a talking point directly after the match and is on the front page of BBC. They made a statement during the match.

It's not going away.

Yeah, no chance the lino gets off scot-free (so to speak). There'll be tut-tutting about understanding his responsibilities etc and he'll be stood down for a few games. Stig is right, no need to go nuclear on the guy 

The lino should be put in front of a firing squad but all the shooters be our players. That way nobody gets hurt but a message is sent, he can think on why he's been put in a firing line and we can wonder why our players are so fucking god damn awful at shooting. Seriously how can professional footballers be this shit and so many of them in the same team, we need new coaches.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Pundits reaction on Sky having a go at Robbo and laughing at the elbow. Carragher included. 

Fuck you, Carragher, you shithouse. Absolute shithouse. Cowed little Sky puppy dog.

Yep, Carragher is a disgrace, there will be comeback over this, he’ll find himself out in the cold I reckon and rightly so 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Pundits reaction on Sky having a go at Robbo and laughing at the elbow. Carragher included. 

Fuck you, Carragher, you shithouse. Absolute shithouse. Cowed little Sky puppy dog.

Didn't see it but don't expect any better from Carragher.  Was Neville also laughing? It's just that after the incident I'm sure he said the linesman would be in a lot of trouble for it. Changed his tune?

39 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

We rallied well once we went two down, but in some ways it felt like one of those battling draws against Man United in the late 1990s where we were really only playing for pride, unlike them.

Clearly, a huge summer for us.

Not sure what I think about Trent, Nunez and Thiago gesticulating at the crowd to be louder at different times. Maybe just concentrate on giving us something to roar about lads?

Spoken like a man who's never actually player 11-a-side football before. Sometimes when you're playing shit you need something from somewhere, a tackle, the crowd, a corner, a shot. It can change the complexion of a game and today it actually did.

Anyway fuck Arsenal, the dirty time wasting, diving little shit bags. They are stupid for all those antics, they had us on the ropes and would have easily won that game if they didn't go full shit house mode. The league was in their hands at 2-0.

Not sure why Neville said "that save might have won them title". If city win all their games they win the league on goal difference for me.

Normally I'd be feeling pretty good about coming back from 2 goals down to get a draw, but I just felt frustrated that we hadn't won by the final whistle. The draw does nothing for us and I'm too fed up with this season to care how it impacts on the title race any more. The end of the first half and most of the second half were pretty decent, but it just left me wondering where that sort of effort has been for much of the season or indeed for the first 30 odd minutes today. The missed chances really did my head in as well and terrible finishing has just been one of many issues this season. Robertson, Salah, Henderson, and Nunez all missed big chances and I have no idea how the ball didn't end up in the net during that late goalmouth scramble. And that's before we even get to Mo not even hitting the target with another penalty. We did well to keep going and get a point after that, but I'd have been confident that we'd have gone on to win it had he made it 2-2 from the spot with loads of time left. Arsenal were really creaking at that point. I felt we could have had 2 penalties at the end for fouls on Mo, but it was probably too much to expect 2 penalties in 1 game and we'd have probably missed the spot kick anyway. 

I was just bemused by all the fawning in commentary over Arsenal during the match as well. They were gifted 2 goals by our usual pitiful defending (and an absolutely massive slice of luck for the first goal in how it deflected straight into Martinelli's path), and then other than the odd nice passage of play didn't do much else for the rest of the game. They're the only team this season to rival Newcastle for the sheer level of utter shithouse behaviour as well. From very early on their players were constantly going down to breakup momentum. It was pathetic how the commentators were laughing about it as well and trying to make out there was something clever about it. Timewasting and feigning injuries seems to have really escalated this season and is really starting to ruin some matches. Maybe they won't find it so funny when no one wants to subscribe to their channels any more because funnily enough most people don't watch football to see grown men constantly rolling around holding their heads when there's nothing wrong with them.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Moo said:

Didn't see it but don't expect any better from Carragher.  Was Neville also laughing? It's just that after the incident I'm sure he said the linesman would be in a lot of trouble for it. Changed his tune?

No he maintained he'd be in trouble.

Just now, Moo said:

All of them laughing at Keane calling Robbo a baby. Neville thinks the lino should miss a game but that’s it. 

I reckon that how Robertson reacts to this in any investigation will determine what happens to the linesman. If he agrees that he touched the lino and it was a reflex reaction, then the lino will probably just get a weekend off and a telling off. If Robbo pursues it, either the lino or Robbo will get a longer ban. If it’s Robbo with the ban, we need to challenge it as much as we can. There’s one angle which looks particularly bad for the lino and suggests that Robertson barely touches him, if at all. In any event, it needs to be asked in any investigation whether anything Robertson did warrants that level of violent reaction from the lino. 

On another note. Roy Keane can fuck off. Prick. 

48 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Do that to an opponent and you get a red card and a three-match ban.

Do it to an official and you'd be banned from now until Doomsday.

Not if the ref is Tierney and the opposition is Liverpool.

Thats exactly what Xakha did to Trent. 

• Upvote 1