You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

4 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

We'll sign Bellingham 

Mother, mother tell your children
That their time has just begun
I have suffered for my anger
There are wars that can't be won

Father, father please believe me
I am laying down my guns
I am broken like an arrow
Forgive me
Forgive your wayward son

Everybody needs somebody to love
(Mother, mother)
Everybody needs somebody to hate
(Please believe me)
Everybody's bitching
'Cause they can't get enough
And it's hard to hold on
When there's no one to lean on

Faith, you know you're gonna live through the rain
Lord you got to keep the faith
Faith, don't you let your love turn to hate
Now we've got to
Keep the faith
Keep the faith
Keep the faith
Lord, we've gotta keep the faith

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Mother, mother tell your children
That their time has just begun
I have suffered for my anger
There are wars that can't be won

Father, father please believe me
I am laying down my guns
I am broken like an arrow
Forgive me
Forgive your wayward son

Everybody needs somebody to love
(Mother, mother)
Everybody needs somebody to hate
(Please believe me)
Everybody's bitching
'Cause they can't get enough
And it's hard to hold on
When there's no one to lean on

Faith, you know you're gonna live through the rain
Lord you got to keep the faith
Faith, don't you let your love turn to hate
Now we've got to
Keep the faith
Keep the faith
Keep the faith
Lord, we've gotta keep the faith

I Believe. 

That midfield tonight is one player off our first choice. If people look at them and don't think we desperately need improvements in Jan I must be watching different games.

What is more, I don't think they even need to be that great to improve them. There is just zero pace and presence in there. If they have the ball they look ok but when they dont they get passed around, knocked off the ball and cannot keep up with players running. 

• Upvote 2

Weird game. On the face of it losing 3-2 away to City with a sort of half strength team isn't the worst in the world. However, loads of our players were pretty shit. Senior players as much as the youngsters. 

You don't want to draw many conclusions from this sort of game, in the cup, after a long break, but it does feel slightly in keeping with the rest of the season. 

I would genuinely feel more positive about the season if Klopp chucked half a dozen of this lot in the bin in January. 

• Upvote 2

Do we need a forward?

Jota is out until around February - and he'll probably be eased back in/we won't want to take any risks. Might be March by the time he's properly fit/regularly playing again.

Diaz is back training in March and by then he won't have played for about 6 months.....Big ask to ask much from him off back of that sort of absence

Can we really survive for month after month of two games a week with only Nunez, Firmino and Salah? It seems to me a big risk and just not enough...I.mean look at situation already - Firmino has a problem, missed tonight and is a doubt for Monday.

Yeah we do

55 minutes ago, an tha said:

Do we need a forward?

Jota is out until around February - and he'll probably be eased back in/we won't want to take any risks. Might be March by the time he's properly fit/regularly playing again.

Diaz is back training in March and by then he won't have played for about 6 months.....Big ask to ask much from him off back of that sort of absence

Can we really survive for month after month of two games a week with only Nunez, Firmino and Salah? It seems to me a big risk and just not enough...I.mean look at situation already - Firmino has a problem, missed tonight and is a doubt for Monday.

Yeah we do  but we need a midfielder more. 

5 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I don't think anything has changed for years.

We still need another forward who can create and score, and a fella who can boss the midfield all day long and a fullback who can defend with the best of them while also offering a genuine attacking threat.

Where are we getting a player that can do all that?

One of the most frustrating aspects at the moment is that if we could just put out a midfield regularly with a bit more pace and presence we would actually be able to give City and Arsenal a good run for the league. 

City, while not playing a complete first 11 last night, had enough first choice players out there to show that they arent that clever at the back.

Similarly away at Arsenal, for all the talk about how good they are, I didn't think they looked all that at the back. 

1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

I really hope this thread doesn’t descend in to a Katy Perry bouncy tits thread, it’s already hard enough to explain why I spend so much time looking at my phone reading the opinions of a bunch of cunts about LFC without trying to explain why I have a boner whilst doing so. DM’s are open.

That would be terrible.

3841FFF7-00F2-41FE-AD2A-7DF1618BCFF0.jpeg

DA05DCD5-8B81-4B43-B042-8A263DDBA9F0.jpeg

62B7B462-3FEF-44CC-B85D-4A67563AB01C.jpeg

E770BA91-F7CC-47A9-972A-79C4F71C256E.jpeg

10 hours ago, an tha said:

Do we need a forward?

Ideally yes. But two new midfielders would improve us more than one midfielder and one forward.

Provided the midfielders are top quality of course.

In midfield we lack quality, only to some degree depth due to all the injuries, but first and foremost it’s a quality issue.

In attack we lack depth.

15 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Ideally yes. But two new midfielders would improve us more than one midfielder and one forward.

Provided the midfielders are top quality of course.

In midfield we lack quality, only to some degree depth due to all the injuries, but first and foremost it’s a quality issue.

In attack we lack depth.

Biggest things midfield lacks is legs and physicality and the ability to sense/snuff out danger. It is imperative we fix this and get it back to doing what it did so well when we were flying - we'll improve hugely going both ways once we do.

The midfield is broken and as a result the team does not function how it should.

It is depressing watching teams just play through it, out run it and out fight it with ease week in week out.

There is a huge issue with our ability to win second balls, which causes us big problems and there is a massive issue with our defensive structure in midfield - we don't close gaps, we don't sense danger and we have pretty much zero ability to recover situations due to nobody being able to run.