You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rest of The World Bands - Round 1 - U2 vs Steppenwolf

Bjornebye

Rest of The World Bands - Round 1 - U2 vs Steppenwolf  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Rest of The World Bands - Round 1 - U2 vs Steppenwolf

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/21 at 12:53

I’ve seen a lot of travesties in life, a lot of things happen to good people that our collective conscience shouldn’t allow. I’ve seen worlds destroyed and rebuilt in images of hatred. Seen the weak pushed further into suffering by the strong. Thousands of years of tragedy and travesty, but I have never seen anything as downright disgusting as ‘The Edge’ win guitar innovator of the year award!

A boss digital delay, that’s it, nothing else, shit cunt.

Stupid hat as well, the big baldy, shit guitar playing prick.

• Upvote 4

Not a massive fan of U2 but took advantage of a mate’s spare ticket and went to see them at the old Wembley Stadium on their Zoo TV Tour. Everything was big, expensive and hugely entertaining but the best bit was a short acoustic set which I have to say was fantastic.

I like a few Steppenwolf songs. I like a lot of U2 songs. 

Unlucky draw for Steppenwolf but this has to be U2. 

I agree about Edge, he's a shit cunt. Bono is both ends of a giant shit.

But they are a part of one of the most successful bands of all time.

U2 have some amazing songs and albums and to deny this is just plain silly. 

Steppenwolf as good as they are aren't in the same league as U2.

• Upvote 1

That's the first thing I think about whenever I hear U2 mentioned nowadays, for the next week practically the entire internet was asking how they could remove this horrible album that had invaded their painstakingly curated iTunes library.

• Upvote 1

... which was most likely filled with much bigger shit than whatever U2 put out at the moment.

It's funny how everyone has a different U2-were-great-then-they-were-shit period. Mine is up to the Unforgettable Fire, I added Joshua Tree for completest reasons and than binned them off. First 4 or 5 albums were either good or innovative or relevant followed by several highly accomplished commercial but not very interesting albums and then they seemingly became the world's most annoying band, judging by people's reactions. They probably lasted far too long for their own good.

3 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Not a massive fan of U2 but took advantage of a mate’s spare ticket and went to see them at the old Wembley Stadium on their Zoo TV Tour. Everything was big, expensive and hugely entertaining but the best bit was a short acoustic set which I have to say was fantastic.

I like a few Steppenwolf songs. I like a lot of U2 songs. 

Unlucky draw for Steppenwolf but this has to be U2. 

I was in Spain when they were on that tour.  I lived a few months in Oviedo (where? Exacklee!) then moved to Barcelona. 

Fuckers never played Barcelona.  But they did play Oviedo, just a few weeks after I'd left.

• Upvote 1